PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 10:56:02 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Really Horrible Looking Games?

Started by Tumbleweed,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tumbleweed

I got a new laptop, and the games are horrible to look at. All pixely and things. Is there a way to remedy this?

I blocked my user things as I couldn't recall your rules on whether to make them public or not!

help.gif

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Tumbleweed

Windows 10 and Chrome

Note: these are the same things I had on my old laptop as well. I am assuming it might have something to do with the HD?

Mayhem

It almost appears your screen mode is not set correctly ... Try 'right clicking' your Desktop Screen > Display Settings > Advanced display settings.

In the "Resolution" box, does it show something like 1440 x 900 (Recommended)?

Tumbleweed

Yep, it is on recommended settings (1920x1080), that was my first guess as well. I am really at a loss as to what it could be since I play other games (not Pogo related ones) and they all look fine, as well as streaming videos and other webpages.

Mayhem

Oh, I think I know what the issue is ... your zoom level is not set to 100% in Chrome.

Do you see a magnifying glass on the top-right of your address bar?

If so click on it, then click on "reset to default" and let me know if that solves your issue.

Tumbleweed

Actually, I tried it the opposite way after you brought it up, and even though I was at 100% (aka normal), when I zoomed out to 80% it actually went back to normal. How I never considered zooming out to correct it when I did consider maybe having it zoomed in (and realizing I didn't) is beyond me!

Thank you so much for being so prompt and helping! Really, there is a reason I always come back to you guys for help, seriously awesome!

Mayhem

You're welcome and glad to hear you got it all sorted out.  tumbsup.gif

It's weird though you have to set it to 80% for it to look normal. Something else must not be set correctly in order for that to happen ...

Stinkerbell

A couple years before he died, my dad bought a new desktop and a large monitor. The only way to get things to look clear and fit the screen was to reduce to 80%.

Mayhem

Interesting .. I've never heard of that before. I have a 24" widescreen and don't have that issue here.

Squid

Mayhem

Tumbleweed - If you search for "text size" (beside the windows start button), what does it show for you?

I'm still curious about this 80% = 100% zoom level thing.

Tumbleweed

Mayhem, that is exactly what I figured out my accident and was coming back to tell you! My new laptop, the touchpad is very touchy and has a tendency to make things accidently change. I was playing a game and right in the middle apparently I swiped the touchpad and it made that setting change. When I put it back to normal, everything was back to how it should be. At some point I must have done the same thing (swiped it larger unknowingly), and just never considered checking it. You are awesome to continue looking for solutions even after!

Note: I am nearly sure most of my issues come from multiswipe/whatever touchpad...Ew!

snowflower

Tumbleweed, I had the same problems as you and couldn't seem to get around it.
Finally I covered over my touchpad with a piece of heavier type plastic and connected a wireless mouse.
Ta da!!  Problem solved.

Mayhem

Quote from: Tumbleweed on March 25, 2017, 03:03:32 PM
Mayhem, that is exactly what I figured out my accident and was coming back to tell you! My new laptop, the touchpad is very touchy and has a tendency to make things accidently change. I was playing a game and right in the middle apparently I swiped the touchpad and it made that setting change. When I put it back to normal, everything was back to how it should be. At some point I must have done the same thing (swiped it larger unknowingly), and just never considered checking it. You are awesome to continue looking for solutions even after!

Note: I am nearly sure most of my issues come from multiswipe/whatever touchpad...Ew!

Not sure how I missed this post - thanks for letting me know!

Mayhem

Quote from: snowflower on March 27, 2017, 05:49:44 PM
Tumbleweed, I had the same problems as you and couldn't seem to get around it.
Finally I covered over my touchpad with a piece of heavier type plastic and connected a wireless mouse.
Ta da!!  Problem solved.

Are you using Windows 10? If so ...

1) Press [Windows Key] + I  key to open settings.
2) Click the "Devices" icon and then click on "Mouse & touchpad"
3) Under the Touchpad section, turn off the option "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected".

C~M

Quote from: Tumbleweed on March 25, 2017, 03:03:32 PM

Windows 8.1 ~ Checkmark this option.

snowflower

Quote from: Mayhem on March 27, 2017, 06:15:56 PM
Are you using Windows 10? If so ...

1) Press [Windows Key] + I  key to open settings.
2) Click the "Devices" icon and then click on "Mouse & touchpad"
3) Under the Touchpad section, turn off the option "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected".

I wish I knew how to insert a screen shot taken with the snipping tool, not very techie, lol. Here's what I see at your directions. Unfortunately,  I don't see "Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected".

Here's my Options:

MOUSE:
Select your Primary Button.
Choose how many lines to scroll each time.
Chose inactive window when I hover over them.
<Slider Button>

TOUCH PAD:
To help prevent the cursor from accidently moving while you type, change the delay before the clicks work.
Options...
No Delay - always on.
Short Delay
Medium Delay (this is what it's set on)
Long Delay

Additional Mouse Options:
For Mouse Only.

Is mine just setup differently maybe? Not sure what to do.

Thanks Mayhem

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview