PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 10:34:27 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogocheats RSS Feeds

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

What is RSS feeds you ask?

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is a lightweight XML format designed for sharing headlines and other Web content.

Basically it's just an easy way to distribute our latest news and to notify our users on what's new without you even having to visit the website!

To be able to receive RSS feeds, you will need to download a reader.

We recommend FeedReader. You can download it here. It's 100% free.

Once you have it installed, the next step is to add your feeds.

1) Load up FeedReader and click the "Add New Feed" button. View the screenshot here.
2) You should see a pop up asking for you to insert a URL. View the screenshot here.

The URL for Pogocheats.net RSS feed :

http://www.pogocheats.net/rss.php (Main news page)
http://www.pogocheats.net/forum/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss2;limit=50 (All forum messages)

Once you have added those URLs, Goto Tools / Properties and click on the "Appearance" tab. From there, you will be able to select how often you want FeedReader to check for the latest news (it defaults to 1 hour).

Now that your all setup .. whenever there is any updates on either pogocheats or badgehelp.com, a pop up will show by your clock letting you know something has been updated!

View a screenshot of the pop up here.

We just wanted to give our users another way to keep in touch of whats happening ... when it happens!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

ProudDadOfOne

i keep getting this message everytimie i go there to download the file:

Could not read file.

Go back. /home/ftp/pub/sourceforge//s/so/sourceforge/feedreader/FeedReader290Setup.exe

Jul 02, 2005 16:45

Does anyone know why? and how to correct this?

Mayhem

That's weird .. it works fine here.

You can download it off their webpage at : http://www.feedreader.com

FeedReader also gives you a bunch of RSS feeds from various sites. Just delete all the default feeds / folders in order not to get pop ups from the other sites.

ProudDadOfOne

which one should i download? I see a list of all different ones, and i dont want to download the wrong one.

Mayhem

Download the top link

FeedReader290Setup.exe 1535333  93692 i386 .exe (32-bit Windows)

Mayhem

For all you RSS readers out there ..

When it comes down to the forum, what would you like to see in our RSS feed?

Do you want to be notified when there is New topics? New Posts? or both?

Let us know .. thanks!

Jeffer

The program needs some housekeeping when it is first set up.  Too many preloaded topics.  Once they're deleted it looks like it works great! O0

Mayhem, I'm going to run this for a few days before I give feedback on that question. 

Mayhem

Thanks Jeffer!

Yeah, they preload it with all sort of feeds. It's the only app i could find that was 100% free though.

avs1roy33

I would like to see new topics the most, and new posts would be cool too.

Jeffer

Quote from: Mayhem on July 02, 2005, 09:35:44 PM
Thanks Jeffer!

Yeah, they preload it with all sort of feeds. It's the only app i could find that was 100% free though.

I obviously wasn't complaining... But wanted to give a heads up to other members...  It's a good idea to clean up the feeds before evaluating it...

Free is good, but is usually not entirely free..

But for free this is an excellent app.  No spyware, no adware, just a few extra feeds.  For free it's a great find.  My compliments for finding it Mayhem!

Mayhem

I know you weren't complaining ... If the users want to pay for an app, i could post some links in here tomorrow.

BigByrd

So all I need to do is delete the other folders, I already don't like all the little pop up things in the lower bottom of my screen.

Jeffer

That will do it Byrd...

Takes a minute or two..  The app won't let you delete the folders until you delete all the feeds in them. Then you are good to go.

Mayhem

You can turn that off .. no problem.

Goto Tools / Properties .. and under the General Tab, un checkmark "show popup window on taskbar"  O0

BigByrd

gagaman

I have downloaded FeedReader and added both RSS feeds.

(And boy it sure is hard to delete EACH of those pre-installed feeds! :-X)

BadgeHelpOscar

I would recommend PLUCK. It is an add on to your IE and you can "pluck" feeds out and it will list them on the left side of your browser

http://www.pluck.com/
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Guardian Angel

Will this work with firefox's built in live bookmarks?

BadgeHelpOscar

If you have Firefox's built in feed links, you don't need pluck.

However, I use ALL browsers, and yes, Firefox is a tad bit quicker on load up on many sites but it has difficulty interperating many sites (i.e. google mail). I would not recommend using Firefox. It's a great open source project and has a few advantages over the other browsers but it has too many problems in my opinion.

I use AVANT browser (downloadable from download.com). This has proven to me to be the steadiest browser with the most configurations out there.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

Betty Boop

Oscar, thanks for tip about the  Avant browser. I d/l it and having been checking it out for the last 2 hours...I like what I am seeing....

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview