This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Whooping cough

Started by starwarsgeek,

Previous topic - Next topic

starwarsgeek

Hey just about all of the people in my school have whooping cough.Just wanted to know if the same thing i happing where you live

pogohatesme

I'm in Indiana and one of the girls I work with had to admit her 10 month old to the hospital monday for whooping cough and a bronchial infection....it all started with some kid that was sick at her day are

AdDn8187

I am in Indiana also, not heard of any whooping cough in the schools here.  But did have a first grader die from complications with Meningitis 2 weeks ago at the school where my daugther student teaches. Also been reports from 3 other schools of the same here.  Now get to wonder about the whooping cough.  Its going to be a long winter. 

NotAdumbBlonde

I am also in Indiana and the schools in our area have had 3 cases of whooping cough.  It is going to be a very long winter if this keeps up.

ME4SPADES_

Im to in Indiana have not heard of it
im in the sw Indiana

liebe_angel

Haven't heard any case's here in Florida yet , but give it time we will

crankycook

I live in south western Pa, between Pittsburgh and Morgantown Wva. and haven't heard of it here yet

BoredNItaly

it has hit here in Naples, Italy on the military base at the school and daycare  :(

crankycook

Mee to Barb, here ya go, sorry i couldn't find a bigger bag, but your lucky i didn't eat them first lol, and here is also a little something in case you have a chocolate attack and a candy corn attack at the same time. lol     

ClingFree

I'm in Michigan .. and we've been slammed with - well what theyre calling Bronchitis ... I have a kindergartener - Last week 6-8 kids were missing each day, Friday was the max with 10 gone ... Now my 2nd grader has it  .. No school all week...  I really think it is bronchitis and not whooping cough tho, because doesnt whooping cough make em sound like a baby seal? Barking almost?

Homer

Ooohh that brings back bad memories. As a kid I got bronchitis every winter. Not fun at all.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

helpmewin

Quote from: ClingFree on October 26, 2005, 02:33:28 PM
I'm in Michigan .. and we've been slammed with - well what theyre calling Bronchitis ... I have a kindergartener - Last week 6-8 kids were missing each day, Friday was the max with 10 gone ... Now my 2nd grader has it  .. No school all week...  I really think it is bronchitis and not whooping cough tho, because doesnt whooping cough make em sound like a baby seal? Barking almost?

Yes, whooping cough is a terrible sounding cough.  I had bronchitis 3 times last year and had a cough with that, but not one that sounded like what you are describing.   ;)

pogohatesme

I work for an eye doctor....and we have tons of kids as patients......I usually pray to get sick a couple times during the winter just so I have an excuse to sleep and catch up on pogo for a few days lol >:D

Snarechick

QuoteOoohh that brings back bad memories. As a kid I got bronchitis every winter. Not fun at all.

All 23 years of my life- gauranteed to have bronchitis during the Christmas holiday.

Where in Michigan are you, ClingFree?  I haven't heard of any real issues so far this fall except for one school in the Mid-Michigan area that had 2/3 of it's student body either call home sick or call in sick.

NotAdumbBlonde

I am also in SW Indiana,  I was told that a notice was sent home to the parents in the elementary school about the outbreak of whooping cough in the area. (my son is a senior so I didn't see it)  After questioning some parents around here, I believe it sounds more like bronchitis.   Guess I will have to start watching the news instead of hanging out on pogo  ;)

Hooper2092

Ohio here. My cousin took her 2 year old son out of daycare when news that 2 children have been hospitalized for severe whooping cough. She wanted us to watch him while she was at work, but I'd hate for him to have it and give it to my girls... or me  :-\

My understanding is that its going around BADLY. My girlfriend who lives maybe 30 minutes from me says her daughter has been sick with it for nearly 3 weeks now and the antibiotics they are giving for it just aren't cutting it anymore. Hope everyone is keeping away from it and staying safe.

·.¸(`'·.¸*Heather*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
Loving Mommy To
My little Honey Buns in the Oven
Brianna Rose 12/03 & Gracie Faith 11/04
Seth Jackson born into heaven 5/26/05
[/font][/color]

ClingFree

Quote from: Snarechick on October 26, 2005, 06:23:14 PM
QuoteOoohh that brings back bad memories. As a kid I got bronchitis every winter. Not fun at all.

All 23 years of my life- gauranteed to have bronchitis during the Christmas holiday.

Where in Michigan are you, ClingFree?  I haven't heard of any real issues so far this fall except for one school in the Mid-Michigan area that had 2/3 of it's student body either call home sick or call in sick.

Im slow .. but Im answering!  I'm in Western Michigan .. Grand Rapids /Muskegon area roughly -  Ive heard thru the parental grapevine that alot of the little ones were visiting the emergency room over the weekend, so I guess I really am lucky that mine have only gotten as sick as they have - Fevers controlled by tylenol/motrin/tepid baths .. Altho I must admit this constant coughing is actually starting to drive me bonkers .. not a far drive either   :o

Snarechick

Hello from Owosso!  *waving*

I've been taking my mother back and forth to her opthamologist in Lansing each day for the past two weeks (major eye surgery that has become infected and a real mess of a headache).  I noticed that more than half of the patients and staff were coughing or blowing their nose constantly.  Perhaps things are starting up out here. :( 

All I know is I don't plan on getting as sick as I did last year.  103 degree fever for three days taking Tylenol and laying under a fan.  If I took the temperature from the ear that was on the side I was laying on- 105 degrees. :o  I landed myself in the ER because the fever wouldn't break, so I ended up getting a lovely frigid ice water mattress pad put on my hospital bed.  That was the worse week ever, more so than any radiation treatments I had.  I ended up with permanent lung damage from all of that. 

SO...I'm going to stock pile some canned food and bottled water, fire up the computer, and hide in my room while playing Pogo until June. O0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview