PlayBuddy
April 20, 2024, 05:33:49 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Question For Club Pogo Members

Started by Jaime,

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaime

You know how when you are loading a club pogo game it has that screen at bottom, so that you click install for faster playing of the games.

when i play i dont get that install button or anything and it takes awhile to load every time, anyone know how i can get it to say install?

alright, thanx

Madonna

More than likely you are running Sun java. If you switch over to Microsoft VM, those little pop up boxes will come up to ask you to install the game you are running. I hope this helps.

Jaime

pogohatesme

Quote from: Madonna on January 16, 2006, 01:54:06 PM
More than likely you are running Sun java. If you switch over to Microsoft VM, those little pop up boxes will come up to ask you to install the game you are running. I hope this helps.

I think you only get that message the 1st time you load a game....and it installs it's cookies and whatever else to your comp....I only get it like the 1st time I play after I reconfig computer or get a new one....

pogohatesme

Quote from: Jaime on January 16, 2006, 01:58:12 PM
you know where i could get Microsoft Vm?

Go to the "Club Center" part of this site and you can find a link there

Jaime

yeah, but everytime i load the game fully, i get that welcome screen (directions to the game) and ive never had that "Install" come up.

pogohatesme

go to the very top of this screen....right below the PC picture up there ^^^^^^ and right below it are some diff options...one of them is club center

BoJangles

Been here over 5 years and never got that screen..... :D

harley89

5 years here to don't think I have seen that either Ill look again next time im there

crankycook

on the pogo home page, click the account tab, scroll down and till you see install games, if it says enabled, you won't get the pop up box, that asks you if you want to install it, if you don't want it enabled, all you have to do is disable it. hope this helps.

Helen

Quote from: spiritwarrior1953 on January 16, 2006, 02:31:23 PM
5 years here to don't think I have seen that either Ill look again next time im there

I think we'd all be surprised what we could find out here if we took the time, lol. I didn't know about that tab either.

crankycook

Quote from: babygurl424 on January 16, 2006, 03:26:29 PM
love your avatar cranky? ;D
thanks babygurl, love your siggy, got to support the home team, lol,

Jaime

still doesnt come up and it takes awhile to load game :(

i want it to come up quick  8)

babygurl424

Quote from: crankycook on January 16, 2006, 04:15:53 PM
Quote from: babygurl424 on January 16, 2006, 03:26:29 PM
love your avatar cranky? ;D
thanks babygurl, love your siggy, got to support the home team, lol,
got that right!!!  and their goona go to the superbowl this year!!

pogohatesme

Quote from: Jaime on January 16, 2006, 04:58:02 PM
still doesnt come up and it takes awhile to load game :(

i want it to come up quick  8)

It may not be the site at all...it could be your computer....What browser are you using?  What kind of internet connection...there are tons of things that could cause your  games to load slow besides the site.

RC

I used to get the install commands to get the quick loading games, but I think awhile back when I got a new computer, things changed. Whenever I played a game on Pogo with IE and MsVM, the games could play fine, but the sound was terrible, very scratchy kinda sounds.. it was like playing an old vinyl record with dust on it and a bad needle on the record player (for those that are too young- ask your parents what a record player was  :D ). 
Anyway, I couldn't stand playing the games with the sounds like that, and I needed to hear something, I can't play too often with not hearing anything if I were to mute the sounds altogether.. so I ended up playing with Sun java on IE and everything worked fine and still does.. whether I'm on IE, Firefox, or whatever I'm doing, I have Sun java doing it all. I don't know why MsVM got screwed up with my comp, but I don't worry about it now.. I still have to wait a little bit for the games to load, they don't instantly pop up and load and are ready to go, but it still isn't that long of a wait and I can live with it. As long as they play normally when I'm actually playing, that's all I really care about. It would be nice for them to load quick, but it's not the end of the world if they don't.

Helen

You may also try and defrag your computer if that hasn't been done in a while.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview