Main Menu

Winter Olympics

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary

t.v. radio and pogo chat rooms ruined it several days for me  >:(

Helen

Quote from: Homer on February 26, 2006, 01:35:43 PM
I don't like to do that because the morons on tv and radio will reveal the results before I get to see it most times.

.....and ruin the surprise. I get it now!! lol

SI

I realize that "Dancing with the Stars" is on, but is anyone else watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics?

One word: PHENOMENAL!  With both the opening & closing ceremonies, the folks of Torino really outdid themselves.  They've set quite the standard for future hosts to contend with.

I hate to say it, but I think those wer the most impressive parts of the games this year...  At least, from what's been broadcast on TV.  You'd think that with all the NBC stations (network and cable/satellite), they have a better handle on broadcasting the events...

Helen

Quote from: DJ_SI on February 26, 2006, 06:55:15 PM
I realize that "Dancing with the Stars" is on, but is anyone else watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics?

One word: PHENOMENAL!  With both the opening & closing ceremonies, the folks of Torino really outdid themselves.  They've set quite the standard for future hosts to contend with.

I hate to say it, but I think those wer the most impressive parts of the games this year...  At least, from what's been broadcast on TV.  You'd think that with all the NBC stations (network and cable/satellite), they have a better handle on broadcasting the events...

So you're saying they could have skipped everything inbetween?? lol

Eagles Fan

I agree the Opening and Closing ceremonies were great.  But I also enjoyed watching all the Olympics.  I have never really gotton involved in them until this year, but had them on from morning til night.  Even got interested in the curling! lol

SI

Quote from: Helen on February 26, 2006, 08:17:36 PM

Nope, just saying that I'm disappointed in the way NBC handled it...  But then again, it seems that every time the Olympics are hosted outside of the U.S. or Canada, coverage gets concentrated & edited into easy to digest segments.  I guess it's just not taken as seriously here as it is on the global scale.

Helen

Quote from: DJ_SI on February 26, 2006, 08:44:57 PM
Quote from: Helen on February 26, 2006, 08:17:36 PM

Nope, just saying that I'm disappointed in the way NBC handled it...  But then again, it seems that every time the Olympics are hosted outside of the U.S. or Canada, coverage gets concentrated & edited into easy to digest segments.  I guess it's just not taken as seriously here as it is on the global scale.

I think where the problem falls is with the time zone difference and that is something they can't control. They do the best the can and try to bring us the most exciting and interesting coverage as they can.  You'll see with the next winter Olympics coming from Canada the difference.

SI

Yeah, the laws of physics kind of make it difficult to control the effect of time zones; I realize this.  But when friends and family members in Europe & Asia tell me that they had complete daily coverage (with considerably fewer channels than what we have at our disposal), it really made me think.

Anyways, just voicing my opinion.  And we all know what they say about those lol...

Helen

Quote from: DJ_SI on February 26, 2006, 09:03:48 PM
Yeah, the laws of physics kind of make it difficult to control the effect of time zones; I realize this.  But when friends and family members in Europe & Asia tell me that they had complete daily coverage (with considerably fewer channels than what we have at our disposal), it really made me think.

Anyways, just voicing my opinion.  And we all know what they say about those lol...

Oh, I wasn't criticizing your opinion. It's the same way when the Olympics are held closer to home though. We get all day coverage too!!

SaintHiρρo

But you have to admit... the curling rocked!  :P

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview