Charges Dropped In JonBenet Case

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

The DNA doesn't match  :o

Defense: Charges Dropped Against Karr
By JON SARCHE, Associated Press Writers
41 minutes ago

BOULDER, Colo. - In a stunning turnabout, prosecutors are dropping charges against John Mark Karr in the unsolved 1996 slaying of beauty pageant princess JonBenet Ramsey, defense attorneys said Monday.

"The warrant on Mr. Karr has been dropped by the district attorney," public defender Seth Temin said outside the jail. "They are not proceeding with the case.

Prosecutors did not return repeated messages left to confirm the report.

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2006/08/28/464681.html&cvqh=karr_full

Runner

Quote from: Tara on August 28, 2006, 02:29:26 PM
The DNA doesn't match  :o

Defense: Charges Dropped Against Karr
By JON SARCHE, Associated Press Writers
41 minutes ago

BOULDER, Colo. - In a stunning turnabout, prosecutors are dropping charges against John Mark Karr in the unsolved 1996 slaying of beauty pageant princess JonBenet Ramsey, defense attorneys said Monday.

"The warrant on Mr. Karr has been dropped by the district attorney," public defender Seth Temin said outside the jail. "They are not proceeding with the case.

Prosecutors did not return repeated messages left to confirm the report.

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index.jsp?cat=DOMESTIC&fn=/2006/08/28/464681.html&cvqh=karr_full

Sounds like he got a free airplane ticket home.

Homer

I'm not surprised. Too much didn't add up. Too bad the guilty person is still out there.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

crazy_

and alot of free publicity.... which apparently he wanted because on live TV he admitted to reporters he had done it ...   :ooo

Ilovemyweims

what a wack and a horrible way to hurt the family even more!!

zeboo

Tara

My homepage says the DNA didn't match, but the story doesn't say that.  :-\

He was fixing to get his sex change over in Thailand. He already had his chin and sideburns on his face done  so no hair would grow.  

Tara

His wife at the time kept saying there was no way he could of been in Colorado the day it happened. The whole thing is strange.

Runner

Quote from: Tara on August 28, 2006, 02:36:32 PM
His wife at the time kept saying there was no way he could of been in Colorado the day it happened. The whole thing is strange.

I still think the older brother did it.

nanners

I agree with all of you.. Things just didn't add up. He just wanted tv time and got it...... >:((

sunshine1950

I agree also, but he should be charged with something, gosh all that taxpayers money, for what a free ride home. No, I don't think so.......... I sure hope they can get him on something.  Maybe obstruction of justice!!   >:((

Runner

Quote from: sunshine1950 on August 28, 2006, 02:50:36 PM
I agree also, but he should be charged with something, gosh all that taxpayers money, for what a free ride home. No, I don't think so.......... I sure hope they can get him on something.  Maybe obstruction of justice!!   >:((

lying to a peace officer ..  but they won't file that .. the officers got a free trip too.  Bet they are not complaining.

justahumping

All I can say is the same thing that Homer did. "Too bad the guilty person is still out there."

gator8_24

I think he was about to face charges in Thailand for child **** where penalty severe, so the trip back home was well worth the lie for him, but  no one else.

Tara

Quote from: gator8 on August 28, 2006, 04:59:11 PM
I think he was about to face charges in Thailand for child **** where penalty severe, so the trip back home was well worth the lie for him, but  no one else.

I heard the same exact thing in the beginning of this whole thing. He would rather be in the US on charges than get what he was he was going to get over there.

hades

Quote from: Homer on August 28, 2006, 02:33:45 PM
I'm not surprised. Too much didn't add up. Too bad the guilty person is still out there.

wonder if theyll ever catch them.

SouthPadreIsland

Quote from: Tara on August 28, 2006, 05:46:25 PM
Quote from: gator8 on August 28, 2006, 04:59:11 PM

I heard the same exact thing in the beginning of this whole thing. He would rather be in the US on charges than get what he was he was going to get over there.

I believe that was what happened.  He is still facing child ****ography charges in California, but generally he was trying to get away from a crime in which the punishment was more severe.  Thailand probably doesn't give a crap about civil liberties.  I am sure this is going to be discussed today in my Criminolgy class.

Tara

There's another long article on this on Comcast home page, but because it describes in great detail things about the DNA  I can't post it.  >:D

He's headed back to California for charges pending in 2001.

jade2002

i still believe he had something to do with her murder....maybe he didnt kill her but he knows too much about it to not have something to do with it.

Sassy

I think he should be throw in jail and have the key thrown away as he's a monster either way you look at it  >:((  >:((  >:((

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview