PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 11:09:45 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

POGO/EA is considering charging an hourly fee? Is there any truth? Petition?

Started by robnbanqs,

Previous topic - Next topic

robnbanqs

I just got this forwarded to me in Pogo. There seems to be a petition going round. Below is the body of that message. Does any one have knowledge of this possibility?  ?.?  :o0  :ooo  :o  >>:D
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
The Higher Ups and Pogo.com and EA Sports are considering charging an hourly fee added to the normal flat membership fee we pay for playing games on Pogo.

The numbers they are currently kicking around for this fee range from between four cents, and twenty five cents per hour. This might not sound like much but it will add up fast.

This is still in the planning stage, (their minds are not made up yet) and we need to make our voices heard before a decision is final.

Add your Pogo screen name to this petition and send it out to all of your pogo friends and roomies, and back to the #1 person who sent this. If they know how strongly we are against it, it won't happen.......

WE THE UNDERSIGNED POGO MEMBERS ARE AGAINST ANY HOURLY FEES BEING CHARGED FOR POGO GAME PLAY. IF HOURLY FEES ARE IMPLEMENTED, Pogo.com AND EA SPORTS WILL LOSE OUR BUSINESS!

Homer

Sounds like a load of crap if you ask me. Whenever they want more money they just up the yearly subscription price. An hourly charge in addition to the subscription price would drive people away by the thousands. If i were you I would report the message as spam.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

cranky

Homer

An easy way for them to rake in a ton of money is to make badges available for the 2go games.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Torn2pieces

Just another spam rumor. If they were to charge hourly, believe me, they'd have members scatter amok.

ĴĐ

shoes

IndianLover

Quote from: shoes on October 14, 2006, 03:45:47 PM
Me too- but now it will be $39.99 a year--getting pricy!!!

Ok what did I miss who said it was going to 39.99?

ĴĐ

Quote from: shoes on October 14, 2006, 03:45:47 PM
Me too- but now it will be $39.99 a year--getting pricy!!!
$40? What? Pogo is getting insane! Me with Pogo Admin in hand >>> (O+O)

Fitzkarin

Listen ... its really, really simple ...

Every week some goof-ball begins a rumor that was started by someone, who heard from someone, who said they talked to the guy who works for Pogo, who heard from his boss who was told by his wife ... Ya-Da Ya-Da Ya-Da.

The truth is, if it comes across in one of those multi-member petition emails ... its totally bogus and you're wasting not just your time ... but our precious posting space by asking if we've heard about it.

From a "Business Model" point of view ... not even EVERQUEST and World Of Warcraft charge by the hour.  Why in the name of all that is holy - excluding Bill Gates and possibly the makers of the Razr cell phone - would the actual managers of Pogo even consider charging "hourly" for a service that already charges monthly rates for?  Come on ... think it through.

And with that said ... we return you to your normally scheduled postings.

ĴĐ

SweetGirl200405

>:(( when did pogo change there price from 34.99 to 39.99? im so lost ..lol

crazy_

ĴĐ

Tara

SweetGirl200405

:o0 me shaking my butt@ pogo pple for increasing the price..lol...its not to bad i guess..could be worse.. but dang they should set it ..n leave it alone... !@#$ lol

ĴĐ

Quote from: SweetGirl200405 on October 15, 2006, 11:01:40 AM
but dang they should set it ..n leave it alone... !@#$ lol
EA/Pogo wants more money... So they raise it on us and make millions more (O+O) >:(( !@#$

SweetGirl200405

++ walking over to where Jd sits ..n has talk about club pogo ...lol  !@#$ (O+O) about them..till we get  :/o\  :))