This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Bob Barker announces his retirement

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

After giving out prizes on "The Price is Right" for 35 years, Bob Barker will be getting a prize of his own next year. He's going to retire.

In an exclusive interview with the Associated Press, Barker says his last show will be June Seventh, 2007.

Barker jokes that he wants to step down while he's "still young." He turns 83 on December 12th.

Barker admits he'll miss the show and is "frightened by the thought of getting up in the morning and there will be no more shows."

He says a search for a new host has been going on for two or three years.

By the time he retires, Barker will have been on the tube for half a century and he says he has "enjoyed every moment."
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

zeboo

he will be missed, I am sure after that long of a run he will miss it also

bams68

I always loved that show, even my son loves the big wheel. Sad to see him retire but wow what a long run he had. Wonder how everything will go once he retires. Don't think no one could ever be Bob Barker.
I remember playing the Price is Right at my baby shower, was fun and creative. Same person kept winning thou which kinda stank, as she was pregnant at the time too and knew all the prices of baby items listed. LOL Didn't see that coming...ahhh well was still a hoot.

Ur Deer Friend
bams <O>

Tara

I can't believe he hasn't retired already. I bet he's had more women kiss him than anyone else has. :,

HypnotizedMind

i was wondering how long he was goin to last on that show......  :o

mr.clean

yeah i love watching this show !!!   Kinda sad there used too be hours or game shows when i was a kid .     Now there is mainly only 3 and 2 of the 3 are on at nights .

This show first started the year i was born    been a happy 35 years ..  :((

Runner

The funniest ever was his skit in Happy Gilmore when he kicked Adam Sandlers Ass

TmT

He'll prob return... when he miss all the young women and he's no Hue Hefner....oh wait... are those two brothers...lmao

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview