PlayBuddy
April 17, 2024, 08:13:41 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Space Shuttle

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Anyone watch the space shuttle launch tonight? Pretty awesome sight. O+O :.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Luna

Just came inside from watching it. It was awesome. I want to go there one year and watch it up close. At least Im on the East coast in Georgia

Homer

The video clip I saw made it look like the ship was engulfed in flames. Impressive sight but I don't think you would get me to go on a trip in that thing. LOL

gator8_24

I didn't miss it but almost. I thought it was to launch later. But if I had gone from here a few blocks could have seen it in the night sky as passing by the FL coast.  But, Yahoo has Nasa TV still on and could watch it on the puter and hear the Nasa comments, etc and now have camera shots from the space station , plus replaying the launch. Don't know how long they will continue to broadcast. Of course it's all Greek to me what they are talking about lol

zeboo

when I lived in Florida I used to watch the launches all the time the last one I took pictures of was the takeoff of Columbia and it ended in disaster  I still have the pictures of the takoff  it was a sad day when they were only 16 minutes from landing and disaster struck. I kinda have a hard time watching it anymore

zeboo

Quote from: Homer on December 09, 2006, 06:09:35 PM
The video clip I saw made it look like the ship was engulfed in flames. Impressive sight but I don't think you would get me to go on a trip in that thing. LOL

I'm with you Homer I would never sit on  half of million gallons of liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen.  :oo

Homer

Quote from: zeboo on December 09, 2006, 07:06:36 PM
Quote from: Homer on December 09, 2006, 06:09:35 PM

I'm with you Homer I would never sit on  half of million gallons of liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen.  :oo

Fill the tanks with beer and I'm there. :<<

Mayhem

Is there a video of it? I so, could someone throw a link to it?

Thanks!
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

sportsguru

The link didn't work when i posted but maybe someone else can see if they can post it and get it working right.

zeboo

gator8_24

*This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser.
http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/clickability/index.html?url=/video/tech/2006/12/10/zarrella.shuttle.launch.CNN

OK this works to see the video of the launch. Doesn't like pop up blockers so have to use the ctrl key

sorry about the emails, Homer

gator8_24

Here is another video link

*This article can also be accessed if you copy and paste the entire address below into your web browser.
http://www.cnn.com/video/partners/clickability/index.html?url=/video/tech/2006/12/09/shuttle.discovery.launch.nasa

Homer

underdog

I watched it on NASA TV and got some nice screen captures. 

gator8_24

Today I couldn't find video of the launch on Nasa Tv, that's where I watched it last night, too.  It will be interesting to watch nasa when they dock with the space station etc.

JAMIE31669

I live less then 30 miles from the launch pad, the only thing more beautiful then a launch at night, are my christmas lights, lol

www.jamiejames316.com  <<>

gator8_24

Here is a link to NasaTV, I watched the docking of the shuttle and space station plus other shots.  It should be interesting tmw when they do the space walks . You can choose how you want to watch, I always fo to the yahoo connection.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Ilovemyweims

I heard the the space shuttle detected and impact on one of the wings.  I hope its ok for reentry!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview