This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

No Limit Texas Holdem Tips

Started by Tara,

Previous topic - Next topic

Tara

Lets see if we can post our tips in one thread so that maybe everyone will see them..  :-\

This game advances by TOKENS only.  It doesn't matter what room you play in or what rank you are, or how many games or jackpot spins you get.

If you lose a game you're going to lose tokens right?  So you're not going to advance. You have to win every game to advance the quickest. You have to win those tokens to advance.

Rank 1 – 49 is very quick to double browse and bet as far and as high as you can till the last hand. If you're winning,
then good. If your other name is winning, then fold. Do just like you do when you dump tokens in Texas Holdem.

When you get to rank 49 things are going to SLOW down tremendously.  You will need approximately 200,000 tokens to advance just 1 percent.  That's a lot of tokens you will need to get to the end.

My thoughts on it...

One computer users.....  Just double browse and let your good name win all the tokens.  Play in LIMITED rooms under high rollers. That way you don't need 4 people and blah blah blah.

Two computer users...I found double browsing on 2 computers went faster playing in LIMITED rooms under high rollers also.  I tried using the NO LIMIT rooms but you can only win 20,000 a game and you can't back out as easy on a losing hand. In the LIMITED rooms you can play one game in 2 minutes and you can bet all the way and let the other hands fold if you don't have the winning hand a lot easier. You can also make 20,000- 30,000 a hand instead by doing it this way.

Getting someone to help you win and lose back and forth isn't going help you advance at all...it will I guess but real slow.  You need dummy names for sure on this. They have those free 2 week passes right now, which could help racking up some names. Dumping the tokens you will win into your dummy names will help too.

Gawd I hope I explained that so that everyone won't be more confused.   Good luck!!

Okay, I'm out of breath...anybody else have any other ideas on it?  :///

ImJustOneOldFart

200k for one percent is gunna be a pain, but now i know what im shooting for...........

Thanks Tara

Tara

Your welcome. I'm only to 20% ...I hope it doesn't go higher..lol

ICER

Very nice info Tara, and ty for that work in posting it here.

I did try the no-limit with 4 of my accounts in a private room yesterday..and as you stated only 20k wins plus very hard to keep track of.

Now this morning I did limited play with just 2 of my accounts on one PC..best hand win was 14,400.

But as I see from your info very correct if you double browse on 2 PC's with 4 accounts..win take is indeed 20k-30k per hand..this not that bad for my non-club account transfers.

Again very good work you did  O0

Darsheis

Tara - you are correct - I didn't count tokens just number of spins it took me, double browsing on one computer to advance 1 percent after rank 49 - It was 7.

Jewel

ImJustOneOldFart

just played for 2  1/2 hours and i went up 5% points...... i was doing it with 2 names and double browsing....

As i figured at some point i would click to fast and the wrong screen would win, but the % didnt drop so I was happy to learn that. I had a lot of problems going from 1-49 with me clicking too quick like that......

One thing: it is a sold 200,000 to advance 1% point or will you get "scale" in the lower rooms?
I really dont want to have 20 million tokens mysteriously jump into my account in a weeks time...lmao

sorry if i missed it in the original post Tara, but im all blurry eyed and i cant see anything but CALL + FOLD

O+O  :=  :))

Tara

So far, it has been 200,000 tokens to move a percent up. You can dump your tokens into the name your taking the tokens away from to keep on going. I haven't played in a lower room because I'm trying to bet the most possible. I'm using 4 browsers on 2 computers to do mine. I don't know if that answered your question or not.

Ebonite

20 million tokens to get that last badge. Wow! I may be going out on a limb, but I don't think most people are going to do that.

Are we taking bets on Pogo changing that...? 

fiz

Do you think that this is a Pogo mess up? You know, since they didn't have rank 50 set up yet?

ImJustOneOldFart

OK guys......... I was playing just now in the "100" rooms and the progress was the same for me.....

30mins 1% in the "5000" rooms

30mins 1% in the "100" rooms

so those of you like me that dont want to bring so much attention to the 20million in your stats, can play in the low rooms too... i think its about 2,400 tokens in the "100" rooms to go up one % point....

i'm at 11% now...... boy this is gunna be a long boring rank   :'((

good luck

tokiehog

i have been reading and following the tips on here...last nite i created a name got the 7 day pass then got the 400,000 freebies so i was in business...i went in the higher stake rooms and was only moving a couple % even when i started ...i kept moving around...i played in the LOW roller rooms it gave me 14% per winning hand which was every hand since i had both mouse...lol..it took me a total of 8 hours to get from the very beginning to rank 49...i am now at 49...and have come to the conclusion that there i have 2 choices....1..start praying..or..2.....start crying...lol...if anyone find an easier way to get to rank 50 PLEASE post it here........ :;'   :;'

Ebonite

Quote from: tokiehog on May 27, 2007, 12:55:09 PM
i have been reading and following the tips on here...last nite i created a name got the 7 day pass then got the 400,000 freebies so i was in business...

Quick question...  Those 4 links for 100,000 tokens are still working? I haven't seen those work in over a week, maybe more.

I've got about 50 accounts with 15,000 on them. I think I'll try the lower roller rooms and see what happens.

Jewel

The 100,000 links were still working as of last night when I grabbed them up on my spare names.

ImJustOneOldFart

Quote from: tokiehog on May 27, 2007, 12:55:09 PM
i have been reading and following the tips on here...last nite i created a name got the 7 day pass then got the 400,000 freebies so i was in business...i went in the higher stake rooms and was only moving a couple % even when i started ...i kept moving around...i played in the LOW roller rooms it gave me 14% per winning hand which was every hand since i had both mouse...lol..it took me a total of 8 hours to get from the very beginning to rank 49...i am now at 49...and have come to the conclusion that there i have 2 choices....1..start praying..or..2.....start crying...lol...if anyone find an easier way to get to rank 50 PLEASE post it here........ :;'   :;'

theres NO crying in poker............... lol

But stick with it YOU CAN DO IT! jUST double browse, i am slowly getting there using 2 names... 15% for last 2 days i figure 2 hours a day will get me there b4 christmas :<<

tokiehog

OMG xmas u say...i not sure it is worth that...i just hope someone that gets the badge will post it here so i can at least see it...i got the 400,000 in **** they were working there on new names...good luck all :;'

kim23il

I was playing in a no limit room. Double browsing with a friends name and played against 2 bots. I won 2 tournaments and haven't even reached rank 1 yet. Is there something I should be doing differently to rank faster? How many tournaments do you have to win for each rank? :xx

Chata *#$% up

You don have to play tournaments to go up in rank for badges but yes you have to win tournaments which are "rated" to go up in rank points which is a different thing.

ImJustOneOldFart

your best best is to play in the LIMIT rooms..... no bots...... and just have one name win all the time..... if you're doing it with 2 names and you will see very quick progress....... (think i went from 1 to 49 in about four days and im lazy.....lol)  Of course quick progress will end when you get to the dreaded rank 49  :'((

then progress will consume every waking hour...  :=
get a nice soft cushion for your computer chair  :&

I never had to play rated games to get rank progress....

good luck

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview