This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Configuring your Custom Backspin settings to get a Perfect Game

Started by BadgeBabe,

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgeBabe

The two built in custom settings on Backspin version 3.8 are both great. They are designed for the MAJORITY of players to get high scores.. The shot called " Amanda's Shot" was originally very close to the first screen shot below. The programmers added some additional features to version 3.8 when it was released for download, so I am unable to duplicate the shots below exactly with 3.8, but " Amanda's Shot" is very close in results.

IF you don't have the latest Backspin 3.8 version, try these 2 custom shots. Again,they are not designed to work with the latest version of Backspin 3.8. If you use the Custom Shot One tab to configure one of these settings, your Backspin program should have the numbers 399.262.0 displayed for the first one or 399.267.0 for the second..

https://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2585/298pogobowlvv3.jpg

https://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1826/300pogobowlqb1.jpg

These are the best settings I have found for the Custom Shot options prior to the release of Backspin version 3.8. I have gotten perfect scores with both settings. Thse screen shots were saved from a thread back in June, in which several of us worked together to tweak the perfect shot. I was not the only person involved in tweaking the settings, but cannot find the original thread to give the other players credit for their work.
NOTE: Your results will vary, depending on how fast your computer processor speed and Internet connections are. Slower equals lower scores. I'm sorry. Hope this helps someone get a perfect score if you don't want to use the Backspin 3.8 program with 2 custom settings built in.

Badge Babe

h4xh0r

what u guys r showing is not correct for the 3.8 version...i tried those as showed and nothing ...so what do i need to do for the 3.8 version to get 300's or high 200's if any1 can tell me the exact aim line strength spin etc would be grateful.. been tryn to custom my shot for 2 days now and nothing :OO

BadgeBabe

You might want to re-read the post. I said the settings do not work with version 3.8. Not everyone has only version 3.8. Some of us have older versions stored in files as well.

If you have the new version ( 3.8) then use either the Hook shot or Amanda's shot for high scores.
Amanda's shot gets me scores in the high 200's every single game.

IF you have either a slightly older, slower computer processor or a slow to medium speed Internet connection ( even DSL) , you will NOT have as good results with the program, regardless of what version you are using.
I have a connection speed which is very close to a T1 speed.
Pogo Bowl and Backspin are  both designed for fast interaction. This is especially true for the speed between the Backspin program and Pogo. I test drove a version with a slower computer and had very mixed results. Only my new, fastest processor will get scores in the 280's consistently. If I still had badge ranks to do, I am sure it would get some perfect scores but I have finished the game.

h4xh0r

what internet service to u have? and the new computer what do i need as far as ram or processor speed? to achieve those scores? :OO

BadgeBabe

Quote from: h4xh0r on September 24, 2007, 05:27:13 PM
what internet service to u have? and the new computer what do i need as far as ram or processor speed? to achieve those scores? :OO

I do not divulge personal information such as the name of my ISP, but it is a new fiberoptic cable burst connection with an average speed of 355 mbs.
Not to be confused with the TV cable connections, some of which are barely DSL speed.

The processor speed makes a ton of difference. I used 2 different ones with the same wireless Internet network with the same Backspin program ( the latest edition) and the results were so different I thought I had a bug in one of the downloads.
I didn't. The success of Pogo Bowl depends on a fast ISP and computer processor. I didn't make it this way, I am just telling you what I found out throgh trial and error with a computer that had a budget priced Celeron processor and one with a very fast Centrino duo custom configured processor. It is top of the line notebook with 5.5 GHz Centrino duo processor- special order just for my gaming.

h4xh0r

Im not asking for your isp settings..im asking for your network provider like u said u have close to a T1 speed ...i have verizon DSL and the guy i spoke to said i have a close  speed to a t1 speed.. what im asking u is  how much Ram and proceesor is and your Network Provider is .. so i can switch to that provider Thanks!

BadgeBabe

Are you being argumentative?
I GAVE you the entire info you asked for including ISP specs and computer specs an hour before you posted " I just wanted info".

I NEVER reveal who my ISP carrier is. Just like I dont give out my name or addy on the Internet. The owner of this forum knows who everyone's ISP and IP addy is because our specs show up in their controls. I trust the owner of this forum to keep info private.

Also, unless you have a very outdated computer or varying results with Verizon DSL, you should be getting top scores with Backspin 3.8. If you are taking time out to try to make a custom shot that is better than the 2 provided for you in this version,  IMO, you are  probably wasting your time. The 2 special settings "Hook Shot" and " Amanda's Shot" had been independently in use for months with extremely excellent results.

All DSL is not equal. Some is barely faster than dial up. YOU have to find a reliable meter on the Internet and clock your own speed at intervals during the day and night for a period of time to accurately know what your true incoming and outgoing stream speed is.
My husband regularly tests our connection speeds ( In and Out)  because he is a techno geek to the max and demands the fastest available. He also pays close to $350 a month for the bells and whistles of the fiberoptic burst.

READ what was written just for you in my prior post, then if you have a question, state it. OK?
I gave you speeds and processor info. I have tried to help you.

h4xh0r

Is any1 having problems with the backspin now? bowled great for like 2 weeks and now bowls like crap.. what do u think is wrong with it? :OO

DIVAWILMA1

i would like to know how to get my backspin to work, i have an icon for it but it says i have to go to badgehelp and connect i thought when i purchased it i could use it right from my desktop if someone could tell me what to do i would appreciate it thank you +-+

Homer

Once your program is registered you only need to open the pogo game and the program.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Apple_Girl36

Ive found  your computer speed  has nothing to do with it     ,  i honestly think  to many autos running  in the same room can mess  our autos up,
try doing what i do  once I'm set up with B/spin   if its not scoring as high as i would like it to    after about 5 or so games  change rooms   ,    I bet you find that you get heaps more higher scores    when u find / change rooms than  before ,   
and Ive scored well over 20 perfect games  using backspin (yes i have SS,s)
another tip if the thanksgiving turkeys  are messing your auto up  just log  out of pogo  and then before you log back in click  on the UK flag  and bingo no more  KFTurkeys  lol

BTW  my PC is acceint  i only just updated my isp few weeks back  to 30Mbps  down and just over 1Mbps upstream .
since I'm new here  (long time Lurker)   I'm not sure   if I'm allowed to post SS,s or not

Homer

Quote from: Apple_Girl36 on December 06, 2007, 03:14:09 AM
Ive found  your computer speed  has nothing to do with it     ,  i honestly think  to many autos running  in the same room can mess  our autos up,
try doing what i do  once I'm set up with B/spin   if its not scoring as high as i would like it to    after about 5 or so games  change rooms   ,    I bet you find that you get heaps more higher scores    when u find / change rooms than  before ,   
and Ive scored well over 20 perfect games  using backspin (yes i have SS,s)
another tip if the thanksgiving turkeys  are messing your auto up  just log  out of pogo  and then before you log back in click  on the UK flag  and bingo no more  KFTurkeys  lol

BTW  my PC is acceint  i only just updated my isp few weeks back  to 30Mbps  down and just over 1Mbps upstream .
since I'm new here  (long time Lurker)   I'm not sure   if I'm allowed to post SS,s or not

SS's are ok as long as you remove any pogo sn's that are showing.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Gavin20059

I'm looking for custom shot for perfect games for Backspin 6.1 I can't find the right settings

disneyland lady

This site is no longer affiliated with Badgehelp and you would need to go there to get help with Backspin. BUT.... you really do not need the earlier version of Backspin as the perfect game configuration is still the same as it was back when several customers posted their settings for perfection. You will need to go to that site to read them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview