This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Big Brother 9

Started by FreecellFanny,

Previous topic - Next topic

FreecellFanny

I absolutely adored Evel D. I'd love to see him back on an All-Star edition.  :D

deborah010870

i would like to see Evil Dick come back also, he was an awesome player!

les

:/\ big brother winter edition starts feb.12th

Reports that CBS was considering using a special winter edition of Big Brother -- which has exclusively been a summer series since it first premiered in July 2000 -- as strike replacement programming first surfaced last month. 

Shortly thereafter, Big Brother casting director Robyn Kass posted that the show would be "coming back a little earlier this year" on her MySpace blog and CBS -- while not confirming Kass' comments -- announced plans for a 15-city nationwide casting tour.
Big Brother's winter edition will use the same three-nights-a-week broadcasting format as the show's summer editions.  In addition to Tuesday night broadcasts, Big Brother 9 will air Wednesday and Sunday night editions at 8PM ET/PT beginning February 13 and 17.

With the exception of its Wednesday broadcasts -- which are expected to feature the live elimination broadcasts that have traditionally aired in Survivor's Thursdays at 8PM ET/PT time period during the show's summer editions -- Big Brother 9 will be airing in the same time periods as Big Brother's recent summer editions.  The network has not yet determined how long Big Brother 9's season will run, a CBS spokesperson told Reality TV World on Tuesday.

The Early Show co-anchor Julie Chen -- who is also the wife of CBS president and CEO Les Moonves -- will reprise her Big Brother hosting duties for the show's ninth edition.

The WGA's three-year contract -- covering 12,000 movie and television writers -- expired on October 31 at midnight after more than three months of negotiations between the organization and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) proved unsuccessful, and despite recent talks, the parties still have not reached a new agreement.  As a result, most scripted television shows that debuted their new seasons this fall now have few or none original episodes remaining for broadcast.

Last month, Big Brother executive producer Allison Grodner told the New York Daily News that given the uncertainty of the ongoing strike, CBS had told the show's producers to "get ready for anything."  The WGA's last strike occurred in 1988 and lasted 22 weeks.

"We really want it to stand out," Grodner told the Daily News about Big Brother's first non-summer installment.  "We want it to be special because we've never done something like this before.  I promise you it will be different from any other Big Brother you've ever seen."

One of those differences will apparently be the absence of last season's "America's Player" twist that allowed home viewers to secretly control some of the actions of Big Brother 8 houseguest Eric Stein.

"That's really hard to do twice," Grodner told the Daily News. "Anyone coming to be a part of Big Brother this year would know about it and we'd hate to have people act differently because they think that the viewers are in control. ... That doesn't mean that it couldn't return in some other way, but doing exactly what we did again, no."

Big Brother 9 will represent the first time since their initial Summer 2000 editions that Big Brother and Survivor -- which will premiere its sixteenth edition on February 7 -- will air on CBS at the same time.

Big Brother 9 will be replacing The Unit, CBS' military team drama, in the network's Tuesdays at 9PM ET/PT time period.  The Amazing Race 12 and Kid Nation -- the reality shows that are currently airing in Big Brother 9's Sunday and Tuesday time periods -- will have completed their seasons by the show's February premiere.  Prior to Big Brother 9's premiere, CBS plans to run new episodes of Power of 10 in the Wednesdays at 8PM ET/PT time period (Kid Nation's season finale will air December 12).

In addition to Big Brother, Survivor, and Power of 10, CBS also plans to debut new seasons of The New Adventures of Old Christine and Jericho as well as The Captain, a new sitcom starring Jeffrey Tambor, in January and February. 

:&  :; :^*  :!!

Tara

:^*Woooo hooo... :^* Thanks for that wonderful info!!  The only thing that is going to suck about this is...Tues and Wed is American Idol.  There will be two strong shows going against each other if there on at the same time.

Tara

I've seen 3 commercials for this today.  :^*  I can't wait.

mr.clean

Just too respond too one of the persons questions about  Eric and Jessica still beening a couple?   Yes they are still a couple and very much in Love...   Jessica is in New York with him right now for new years .
Quote from: Tara on December 01, 2007, 08:54:03 AM
Quote from: Monkey on December 01, 2007, 08:51:21 AM
Nick and Dani broke up already too  <:>

Aweee thats to bad.  She had said after her and her dad got back that her and Nick were going on their trip. I wonder if Jessica and Eric are still together.

CindyLouWho

Advertised on TV earlier, starts next week!!!   :D :///

CindyLouWho

Tara

CindyLouWho

Tara

I was looking at the contestants and their bios and trying to decide who I'm gonna love to hate. :))

Tara

One of the houseguests is a TMZ photographer.  :)))   I wonder what's going to happen when Big Brother and American Idol are on at the same time?  :-\  I  <3 both shows, but I don't know which one to watch and which to record. AI has been my favorite show forever and I would choose it over any other, but I don't know anymore. Big Brother is pretty awesome..lol

tponka

Hear about this???

The ninth season begins with 16 houseguests entering the compound and being paired up with their so-called "soul mate." The eight pairs will play the game together, share Head of Household duties and be evicted as a couple.

mr.clean

hmmm   sooo my is Eric coming tooo LA????     Jessica said he would be seeing him soon in Better Weather!!!!!  Big Brother 9?

CindyLouWho

Don't forget , it starts tonite!!    :/// :///   Seen some stuff on a morning talk show this morning (like how they're pairing em up etc), looks very interesting!   :)))

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Fluffy756

Was watching Big brother after dark.  I have 4 people I like to see go home.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview