Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Sheriff: Woman sat on toilet for 2 years

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

:o

WICHITA, Kan. - Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years — so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the boyfriend finally called police.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was reported in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

butch1286

harley89

I read this yesterday. I loved the part were they we looking at the idea she had some mental problems WELL DUH Sitting on a tiolet for 2 years and another person allowing it you can bet they have some mental problems.

Homer

Shouldn't this topic say "Woman shat on toilet for 2 years" ?  ?.? ?.? ?.?

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

Quote from: Homer on March 13, 2008, 05:22:20 AM
Shouldn't this topic say "Woman shat on toilet for 2 years" ?  ?.? ?.? ?.?
You never disappoint me Homer  :)) :)) :))

xgingerx

pammer

Stinkerbell

Quote from: pammer on March 13, 2008, 11:18:05 AM
just heard they had to amputate both of her legs

Not surprised.  They said that it looked like her muscles had atrophied.  This whole story is bizarre. 

Stinkerbell

Talk about strange.... I have a friend who works in a hospital and she said that last week a guy came into the ER with a problem.  He had stuck his.... ummm.....  errrrrr....... member...... in the whole of a bench weight.  For whatever reason, he left it on too long and his ummm.... errr..... thingy.... swelled up and it was stuck.  He was embarrassed so he didn't go to the doctor until it was so painful he was sure he was going to die.  He had developed gangrene.  My friend said it stunk so bad she had a hard time not puking.  The Fire Dept had to be called to the hospital with a special saw used for rescuing people and they had to cut it off.... the weight.... not "it".  I haven't heard anything else.... not sure I want to.

pammer

could be but i thought i heard it on radio when dropping monsters at school

PB On The Run

I just wonder if Sheriff Whipple mentioned anything about "squeezing the Charmin"!!  :oo :oo

harley89

MsMissy

OMG what is this world coming too. What is wrong with people today. IM sry to hear about the lady who lost her legs, but sounds like she had a mental problem 1st & as for her boyfriend, he should have gotten help sooner.I hope they throw the key away.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview