PlayBuddy
April 18, 2024, 10:00:01 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

20 free pogo gems for club pogo members

Started by gotmail,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

My credit card was charged 1.00 by Pogo after doing this.  Pogo didn't inform me, though, and my card was denied today when I was purchasing groceries.  The store let me call the credit card and after being on hold forever and going through two reps, I was told the card was shut down because of the "suspicious" $1.00 charge.  They allowed the grocery charge to go through but then dissolved the account.  Now I have to wait for a new card to come in the mail.  Yet another reason to be oh, so pleased with Pogo.   swear2.gif

jarjar

Quote from: Squid on April 02, 2009, 05:49:23 AM
My credit card was charged 1.00 by Pogo after doing this.  Pogo didn't inform me, though, and my card was denied today when I was purchasing groceries.  The store let me call the credit card and after being on hold forever and going through two reps, I was told the card was shut down because of the "suspicious" $1.00 charge.  They allowed the grocery charge to go through but then dissolved the account.  Now I have to wait for a new card to come in the mail.  Yet another reason to be oh, so pleased with Pogo.   swear2.gif
wow that is terrible. Geez i guess I better go check mine again. So sorry Squid embrace.gif

BabyCheetah

So Sorry Squid for pogo's F'up.  I checked my account and no charges where there. 

Mayhem

I checked my account too - no extra charges there.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

angelwings

oceandogs

FreecellFanny

It worked for both me and my daughter's account.

Thank you!  tumbsup.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on April 02, 2009, 05:49:23 AM

Was this actually on your statement? Like I said before, they will send through a $1.00 test charge just to verify the account, but by the time the statement comes in the mail, it will have dropped off.

FreecellFanny

And even if it didn't one dollar for 20 gems is pretty good.  whistle.gif

lildevil31566

what is the web site for the 20gems ?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: lildevil31566 on April 02, 2009, 06:29:46 PM
what is the web site for the 20gems ?

Go back to the beginning of this thread for instructions.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 02, 2009, 05:00:59 PM
Was this actually on your statement? Like I said before, they will send through a $1.00 test charge just to verify the account, but by the time the statement comes in the mail, it will have dropped off.

No, I didn't find out I had a problem until I was at the store this morning.  What you say may be true but it would be nice if Pogo had a pop-up or something that explained this when we hit the UPDATE button on our billing info page.  My card was being denied at the time of a purchase; it was very embarassing.  Also, I am now without my credit card for 7-10 days.  There was no going back once they flagged it as suspicious.  I'm sure the $1.00 charge is gone.  It's not the dollar that was the problem.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on April 02, 2009, 08:00:43 PM
No, I didn't find out I had a problem until I was at the store this morning.  What you say may be true but it would be nice if Pogo had a pop-up or something that explained this when we hit the UPDATE button on our billing info page.  My card was being denied at the time of a purchase; it was very embarassing.  Also, I am now without my credit card for 7-10 days.  There was no going back once they flagged it as suspicious.  I'm sure the $1.00 charge is gone.  It's not the dollar that was the problem.

No, I understand. I had a similar thing happen when purchasing some download games. My bank put a hold on my account because of the several $1.00 pre-auth charges that came through. Not as miserable as what YOU went through, I know, but frustrating none-the-less.

disneyland lady

I can't believe in this economy they would deny services for a pending $1 charge. Even if it was in error there is really nothing suspicious about a dollar. This is something that is standard in Vegas gas stations - they pend payment of $20 for a few days until your credit card approves the true total. I am sure it is everywhere, I just know cuz the only 76 Station closed in Vegas and I needed gas and used a regular credit card. If it over $500 <b>then</b> it would be suspicious. Credit cards for people who actually pay their bills are the types that companies want to keep so I would call that card company and threaten to go to another who would look out for your best interests if over a dollar. I have no qualms about calling the numbers on the back of the cards and venting my anger issues on them.

Squid

They got an earful from me at the store.  That store lady was so nice and I apologized to her.  I remained calm and reasonable on the phone but I was adamant and emphatic with the credit card rep.  Can you imagine doing this to a cardholder who pays off her bill each and every month - all for a buck?  It makes no sense to me either.  They told me I would have to wait for a new card for 7 - 10 days but, believe it or not, I got it today - they sent it overnight delivery.  I let Pogo have an earful, too.  They just keep sending the same form letter but I keep replying and I'm not being nice.  LOL   diablo.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on April 03, 2009, 11:21:09 AM
I let Pogo have an earful, too.  They just keep sending the same form letter but I keep replying and I'm not being nice.  LOL   diablo.gif

Did you drop the "f" bomb?

Squid

disneyland lady

Quote from: Squid on April 03, 2009, 11:21:09 AM
I let Pogo have an earful, too.  They just keep sending the same form letter but I keep replying and I'm not being nice.  
I don't load my answers to their emails until about the 3rd chain response then I start it with "Is everyone that works at Pogo a moron or do you compete for the job". I usually get a response to the actual question I asked about then. Or.....I go to the next level of moron.....drooling imbicle. I am on day 4 waiting on a response about Monopoly Slots and how I sat for almost 2 hours without moving the piece. The first response said they were happy I liked the game and they had gotten great response from Club Members which means they did not read mine or any of the other complaints.

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 03, 2009, 05:17:43 PM
Did you drop the "f" bomb?
I dropped it today at the Home Depot. I was pushing a dolly with 20 bags of mulch. Some mouth-breather STOPPED HIS SUV in front of me and started to walk away.

I said, "Please move your truck." Dude looked confused. I replied, "Move your FFFF-ing truck or might might accidentally hit it a few FFFF-ing times."
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Squid

Joe doesn't like people to oxygenate?  lol

Sorry about the SUV.  People are so inconsiderate.  Hope you and the mulch made it home alright.