PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 07:26:21 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Battleship Tips

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Battleship will be released on pogo soon - here is some tips from the 'How to play' section on beta.

- The smallest ship is 2 squares long. Use that information to search the grid efficiently.

- The only way to get the Unused Powerup bonus is to sink your opponent's last ship on the same turn as you acquire a powerup.

- You only get the Counter Attack (steal) powerup when your opponent has a powerup. If you want to have a chance to steal a powerup, wait to get your powerups until your opponent has one.

- Four powerups are restricted to Club Pogo players only, but anyone can steal them using the Counter Attack (steal) powerup!

- In Salvo mode, it's a good idea to sink your opponent's ships as soon as possible, so they get fewer shots per turn.

- It's good to get powerups early in the game, so you can quickly find and sink your opponent's ships.

- It's good to get powerups late in the game, since more powerful powerups are more likely if you have fewer ships (like Reinforcements or Tomahawk.)

- The Torpedo powerup ignores any existing hits or misses, so you can choose to pick a row that already has hits and misses in it, if you want.

- A powerup pod covers 4 squares, and the actual powerup is randomly hidden in exactly one of those squares. Once you've found the powerup, the powerup pod will disappear.

- For a big challenge when playing against the computer, the Hard difficulty mode is very hard!

- Even if you don't win a particular game, you can earn tokens just by playing.

- If you are losing or get off to a bad start, remember that it's possible to catch up. The powerups are usually slightly better for the person who is losing. Also, it's good sportsmanship to finish any game that you start (they're pretty quick!)

I like how some of the powerups are for club pogo users only. That is an interesting twist.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

This sounds frighteningly difficult. Is the auto ready yet?   panic button.gif

chummychum

Yes, it is called "ShipShape"

Squid

How do you have the auto ready before the game is out?  Aren't there going to be programming issues that you can't handle until you see and play the game?  OR.... have you already..... hmmmmmmmmmm

Stinkerbell

I think BadgeHelp has moles in the Beta program.   lipsrsealed.gif

Squid

Mistyeyed

it is nice to have any auto available as soon as the game comes out..especially if its a game we cant stand to play...i dont think this sounds like one i could get interested in..

~Sassy~

Quote from: Stinkerbell on October 09, 2009, 02:37:17 PM
I think BadgeHelp has moles in the Beta program.   lipsrsealed.gif

shy12.gif I have a cute little mole.

Joe C

Thanks for the update. Of course, the best way to win would be to have two computers and double-browse. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

FreecellFanny

Sounds too complicated to me.  panic button.gif

Mistyeyed

me too..i cant get it to the games that much to set up that double browsing    stuff..

FreecellFanny

I found it easier and less confusing to buy a second laptop.  white flag.gif

Hubby got me one of the Acer Aspire One Netbooks -  I call it my Mini Me.  lipstick.gif

arniebear

I played this on the Beta site and I am definitely waiting for the auto  popcorn2.gif

MsMissy

Gee this game sounds like a hard 1, so ill need the cheat if i decide to play it more.  tks for the tips mayhem     hi11.gif

zzcheatzz

How and where is the auto to ShipShape to purchase so I may try it on the Beta Site?  Thnks.

Homer

Quote from: zzcheatzz on October 11, 2009, 02:17:07 PM
How and where is the auto to ShipShape to purchase so I may try it on the Beta Site?  Thnks.

It isn't for sale yet

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

zzcheatzz

jeffgordonfan24

shocked.gif  now why would anyone wanna try it out on the beta site??       you have got to be kiddin me....    as for mayhem having a mole in beta.... who cares.... maybe he does maybe he dont....      undecided.gif        just be thankful that hes getting you the auto almost as fast as the game comes out....     

THANK YOU MAYHEM        hi11.gif

zzcheatzz

Because I am on the Beta site that is why.  Each to their own !!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jeffgordonfan24 on October 13, 2009, 09:21:50 AM
shocked.gif  now why would anyone wanna try it out on the beta site??       you have got to be kiddin me....    as for mayhem having a mole in beta... who cares.... maybe he does maybe he dont....      undecided.gif        just be thankful that hes getting you the auto almost as fast as the game comes out....    

THANK YOU MAYHEM        hi11.gif

Oh, for Pete's sake... it was a JOKE!! What's the matter? Jeffy NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY? Get a grip.