This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Puck's Peak

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Puck's Peak is currently being beta tested. Here is some screenshots of the new game.

Puck's Peak is a totally new experience on Pogo! It's up to you to help the Pucks unlock their maximum potential and make their King proud. Get ready to explore some of the strangest and most fantastic worlds you've ever seen!

Gameplay

In order to be successful in the world of Puck's Peak, you must become adept at balancing (literally!) the shapes you're presented with and your chosen Puck's special ability. Together, your ability to plan ahead and, more importantly, to improvise when things don't necessarily go your way will determine your ultimate success.

Selecting and Placing Shapes

So, first things first! In order to reach your selected goal height, you'll need to start stacking up shapes to overlap the checkpoints near the top of the screen. To select a shape, simply position the mouse cursor over one of the two shapes being carried by the eyeball creatures in the upper-left corner of the screen, then click the left mouse button to grab it. If you click and immediately let go, you'll be in "stick and click" mode – that means the shape won't fall until you click the mouse button again to drop it. However, if you instead click and hold the left mouse button after selecting and moving the shape around, letting go of the mouse will immediately cause it to fall.

Rotating a Shape

You can certainly play the game without altering the shapes as they appear, but that's not always practical or advisable – rotating shapes gives you the freedom to organize how you see fit, as well as the ability to recover from mistakes. There are several different ways to rotate a shape, using both the keyboard and the mouse – feel free to use whichever suits you best.

Keyboard:
Arrow Right – rotate 11.25 degrees clockwise
Arrow Left – rotate 11.25 degrees counter-clockwise
Arrow Down – rotate 1 degree clockwise
Arrow Up – rotate 1 degree counter-clockwise
Mouse:
Mouse-wheel Down – rotate 11.25 degrees clockwise
Mouse-wheel Up – rotate 11.25 degrees counter-clockwise
Nudging a Shape

After a shape has been placed on a base or another shape, you can influence it slightly with the nudge command. As with rotation, you can nudge with both the mouse and the keyboard.

Keyboard:
Arrow Right – nudge right
Arrow Left – nudge left
Mouse:
Mouse-wheel Down – nudge right
Mouse-wheel Up – nudge left
Free Selection

At any time, you can select any unlocked shape and attempt to move or nudge it. This is usually easiest when the shape is resting on its own and doesn't have other shapes stacked on or otherwise obstructing it – you can still try, but don't expect it to be without risk!

Locking the Tower

Any time any of your shapes is resting on another shape and touches the checkpoint, a countdown timer will appear – starting at "3", then "2", then "1", and finally locking into place. The shape can be falling while the countdown continues – so long as it's still touching the checkpoint after the "1" is registered, anything goes. However, you can't use a power-up, nudge, or use another shape to keep the tower intact without interrupting the countdown. In other words, you have a lot of influence, but your tower has to "stand" on its own merits.

Strikes

Each time you drop a shape off the bottom of the screen, you'll be charged with a single "strike" that gets accounted for on the Strike board on the right side of the screen. You can survive up to a total of 15 strikes – that is, 15 individual shapes – before the game ends. After that, your game is over and you'll receive completion credit up to the last checkpoint you passed. You can always Undo a move that causes you to get a strike, but the strike itself is not recovered. Just remember that if you undo a move before any shapes fall off-screen, it's a no-harm/no-foul situation.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

who me?

shocked.gif  What the heck is it?

sassy3578

is this like a tetris style of game?

Mayhem

You just have to stack / balance the pieces on top of each other - until you reach that green bar.

sassy3578

cool, i think,  lol   sounds easy enough

Mayhem

This is also a flash game, not java - just like Beaker Creatures

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on October 21, 2009, 01:50:27 PM
This is also a flash game, not java - just like Beaker Creatures

Is that a good thing?  Seems like java is always giving people fits.

C~M

Hocky

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

disneyland lady

Quote from: sassy3578 on October 21, 2009, 01:41:59 PM
is this like a tetris style of game?
I agree that this looks like Tetris only with new graphics. I guess like all the good movie plots, all the games have already been made.

MsMissy

Its looks like a fun game, but doesnt look easy too do at my age. will try as i always do on every new game. Tks for the ino.  beer11.gif

heavenVCandrews

it looks fun to me too.Good thing pogo is concentrating on new games.

RedSoxH8erGOYANKS

This game looks so cheesey to me lol.. But I guess I need to to try it first to see if I like it or not.. I am not all that excited for it..

disneyland lady

Quote from: heavenVCandrews on October 22, 2009, 07:36:31 PM
it looks fun to me too.Good thing pogo is concentrating on new games.
Was that sarcasm? Cuz I don't think this looks like a new game just a new name. I do like the Twitterlike graphics.

Gijoey

Cool! Since i was one of the " choosen " ones to beta test i guess ill go play it!  cheerleading.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Gijoey on October 23, 2009, 09:56:04 AM
Cool! Since i was one of the " choosen " ones to beta test i guess ill go play it!  cheerleading.gif
When I get to be a Beta CHEATER then I might play along.... tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Frogger

This does not even look fun-I'd hate to abuse an auto to even play it but that's probably the only way it will get played.  giggle2.gif

FreecellFanny

How wonderful, another cheap, cheesy, crappy graphics game.  bubblegum.gif

Mayhem

You'll definitely want to use a cheat for this one.