This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Four Cops Shot dead at coffee shop

Started by roadwarrior,

Previous topic - Next topic

roadwarrior

OMG...I'm so distraught right now-four cops were shot and killed at the coffee shop I work at part time.  I wasn't working at the time it happened but I know the four cops that were killed-they met every day about an hour before their shift started for coffee and were the best customers we have-

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/78088192.html

crying10.gif
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

harley89

So sorry. I expect the cops there to get down and dirty to end this. Cops are a brother hood and you dont make them mad.

roadwarrior

apparently from what the news is saying is the person who did this saw the four marked cars outside, walked in, shot all four of them and ran out.  They were wearing their bullet proof vests, full uniform.  They were doing some work on their laptops.

Guy who did this didn't say a word to anyone, didn't look at anyone just came in, focused on the cops killed them and left.  No leads yet on any suspects.

Gawd....I'm a mess, so are my coworkers....can't image the poor spouses of those officers (3 men, one female cop) so horrible.

This makes 5 cops killed in cold blood in Western Washington since Oct. 31st of this year.

These cops were so kind to me....they were nothing but good to everyone there.  Great tippers, always joking with my coworkers and I, they were even known to pull an occasional prank on the waitstaff.  Hubby is on his way to pick up the morning manager from there...her and I are close.

He's going to bring her back to our place as soon as the police release her (they still questioning her and the other staff that was there this morning) and shes going to stay with us till we can get her hubby home.  He's in Eastern Oregon right now on business and I've been playing phone tag with him all morning.

roadwarrior

In case anyone cares the police found the suspect in this case-

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/78211742.html

roadwarrior

Any thoughts??

harley89

Only way this was gonna end.  You dont shoot 4 cops like that and expect to live to see trial.  My Dad (retired law enforcement)  said it ended the only way it could have.   Like he said shoot 4 of my officers and you  get 1 chance to surrender.

Stinkerbell

Tax payer dollars saved.

Stinkerbell

Why do all the posts in this thread say "Update by Mayhem?"

Mayhem

I'm was trying to get rid of the *updated* out of the title.

I did not realize it was a seperate thread. I thought someone changed the subject line half way through the posts.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

roadwarrior

I hate to bring this topic up again as it's so sad..but we had cop #6 die in the line of duty today.  Last week he and his partner responded to a domestic call.  A man called the police about how his brother was getting violet and acting weird.

The two cops came in, tried to calm the brother down.  But the guy went ape chit, started shooting at both of them and the one cop who survived shot and killed the brother.

The family who called the cops is mortified that their loved one was driven to kill and are saddened by not only their loved one's death but by the death of the cop.

Since October 15, 2009 six, yes SIX cops, have been gunned down in the line of duty in the Seattle/Tacoma area of Washington state.  The whole region is on edge.  The Governor today made a statement but when she got to the part about how Officer Mundell was the 6th cop to die in recent weeks she started crying, couldn't compose herself and had to end her press statement.  Every officer who has died in the line of duty since she took office she's attended, and she's planning to attend this officer's funeral as well.

This whole region is in shock over how many cops have been killed in recent weeks.

Here's a link about the most recent cop's death:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2009/dec/29/officer-wounded-in-ambush-dies/

and:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/80294882.html

Stinkerbell

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview