PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 04:24:12 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

chicken or crockpot recipes wanted!!

Started by pizzaman984,

Previous topic - Next topic

pizzaman984

Please post any good boneless chicken recipes or recipes for chicken or porkchops in the crockpot.Thanks!!!

lilsh0rtii445

For baked chicken.....

I get a Freezer bag, poke holes in chicken with fork, dazzle with salt and  pepper over chicken, then I add Italian dressing. I'm not a big fan of Italian dressing, matter fact I hate it. It adds tons of flavor, and is really delish. I usually let it marinate over night. You can also experience with it, and try like vinegarette, or something fancy. awesome awesome awesome.  tumbsup.gif

CindyLouWho

I have tons of recipe sites saved that has some good recipes.  Just type in your search engine what your looking for...ex. "crockpot recipes", & that should bring up bunch of sites to check out.  If you have trouble finding em, let me know & I'll post some here. 

who me?

Baked Parmesan Chicken my way/ or your way

Ingredients:
3 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
2 bags of shredded Parmesan cheese
some ranch dressing
1 can of cream of chicken soup / and or chicken broth you decide (I've used both)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 - rinse chicken under running water/ I do anyway - put cream of chicken or broth in a 9x13 baking pan - mix cream of chicken soup with a little bit of warm water to break up - put enough ranch dressing in a bowl to roll your chicken in for a good coating - coat your chicken with it - pour the Parmesan cheese into a bowl or a baggie would do and coat your chicken well with it/ I usually press down some to get it to stick well - place chicken in pan and bake in 350 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

This is so simple and so delicious...My nephew begged me for it on Thanksgiving and Christmas
The last time I made it I wanted to try a simpler form so I put the broth/ cream of chicken in pan - placed chicken in pan with liquid - took a spoon and spooned ranch dressing on chicken - then sprinkled the two bags of Parmesan cheese over the chicken it was just as good and alot less mess.
I was bored one day and wanted to try something new and came up with this...I've used eggs to roll the chicken in but the cheese didn't stick so well, then I used mayo, and thought of a different flavor and used ranch dressing so far this has been the best flavor for me .
Play around with it and maybe you can come up with something else, but everyone that's ever had it absolutely loves this! It's easy and ohhh sooo good!!!
The baking time is just enough to get a golden look to the cheese topping and that is uncovered baking.
I hope you enjoy if you try it, let me know if you do and how you like it.

snowflower

Darling SilverDodger

Crockpot Portugese Garlic Chicken

1 medium Onion -- thinly sliced
2 cloves Garlic -- thinly sliced
2 medium Pear-shaped tomatoes -- seeded and chopped
1/3 cup Chopped baked ham
1/2 cup Golden raisins
1 Chicken (3+lbs)
1/2 cup Port wine
1/4 cup Brandy
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch blended with
2 tablespoons Cold water
1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
Salt
Parsley & tomato wedges

In a 4 quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine onion, garlic, tomatoes, ham and raisins.
Reserve chicken neck and giblets for other use; rinse chicken inside and out and pat dry.
Tuck wingtips under; tie drumsticks together, if desired.
Place chicken on top of onion mixture.
Mix port, brandy, mustard and tomato paste; pour over chicken.
Cover; cook at low setting until meat near thighbone is very tender when pierced. (7 1/2-8 hrs).
Carefully lift chicken to rack of a broiler pan.
Broil 4-6 inches below heat until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
Transfer to a warm platter; keep warm.
Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid; blend in cornstarch mixture.
Increase cooker heat setting to high; cover and cook, stirring 2 or 3 times until sauce is thickened (abouut 10 more minutes).
Stir in vinegar; season to taste with salt.
To serve, garnish chicken with parsley sprigs and tomato wedges.
Carve bird; top with some of the sauce.
Serve remaining sauce in a bowl to add to taste.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Darling SilverDodger

Santa Fe Crockpot Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR 4 lean, trimmed 1-inch pork chops
1 can black beans, drained
2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
2 c. chunky salsa (if you like it hot)

Spread about 1/2 c. salsa in bottom of crockpot. Arrange chicken in single
layer over salsa, sprinkling generously with salt and pepper. Add beans and corn; top with remaining salsa and cook on Low for 6-8 hrs. Serve with rice or baked tortilla chips if desired or serve like chili.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, rum in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "Holy crap what a ride!"

Darling SilverDodger

Sweet and Sour Chicken in Crock Pot

Ingredients:

1-1/2 C. baby-cut carrots
6 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lbs.)
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1-1/3 C. sweet & sour sauce
1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
1 (1 lb.) bag frozen stir-fry bell peppers and onions, thawed and drained
6 C. hot, cooked rice

Directions:

Place carrots in 3 1/2-4 quart crock pot. Top with chicken, sprinkle with red pepper. Cover and cook on LOW heat 6-7 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from cooker; drain and discard liquid from cooker. Return chicken to cooker. Pour sweet & sour sauce over chicken; top with pineapple and stir-fry vegetables. Cover and cook on HIGH for 45-60 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Serve with rice.
Makes 6 servings.

cweirick

These sound great- I should have looked at this first - I made crock pot chicken breasts last night for first time- I put in 4 breasts with brown sugar soy sauce chicken stock and veggies - etc - followed an online recipe - well- after cooking on slow for 5 hours like it said we looked inside - there were now only 2 breasts - the other 2 had completely disintegrated!!! There were little pieces of chicken floating all over - we ended up with a strange tasting chicken soupy kind of thing - - not trying that again!!

xX_CRAZY.WOLFF_Xx

wow.gif

beer11.gif

Country Chicken Breasts

4-5 slices bacon
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 onion chopped
garlic salt to taste
parsley to taste

Cook bacon in skillet;  remove from skillet but do not remove grease. 
Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt & parsley; brown in skillet along
with onion.  Add cream of chicken soup.   Cover & cook on low until
done. (approx. 25 minutes)  Crumble cooked bacon.  Serve chicken
with gravy & crumbled bacon as topping.

harley89

I am a simple person that does not like alot of stuff on food. I simply put(did it already today) chicken broth in the crock pot and then place chicken breasts in and slow cook. Tastes great.   For crock pot BBQ pour 1 can of beef broth in the pot place the pork loin in and slow cook all day(I cook the day or night before I plan to eat it.)  Shred then let it simmer in sauce for a couple of hours.   Last October I did the BBQ one for over 80 people .  It is real easy although for the 80 people I was cooking pork tenderloins for 3 days( sorta got sick of them)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview