This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Cell Phone #'s go public today!!!

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

Today you will start getting telemarketing calls on your cell unless you sign up at the "DO NOT CALL REGISTRY"..The # to call to remove your cell # from the public list is..888-382-1222..(NO 1 AT THE BEGINNING)..You must call from the # you want blocked...

snowflower

Quote from: gran2x2 on March 29, 2011, 06:29:27 AM
Today you will start getting telemarketing calls on your cell unless you sign up at the "DO NOT CALL REGISTRY"..The # to call to remove your cell # from the public list is..888-382-1222..(NO 1 AT THE BEGINNING)..You must call from the # you want blocked...

I remember this message.  About a year ago I received this in an email and called our local tv station to see if they had any information on it.  They told me to be very cautious about this and boadcasted this message on our local news:  If you receive this message in your email it is SPAM. Do not call this number.  If you do ~ you're ADDING your cell phone number to the main Call Centre Listings giving them permission to give out and use your phone number for whatever Call Centre purposes they deem necessary.  I could be misinformed ... but before I'd call this number I'd check it out first.

gran2x2

OK..I checked it and this is from snopes..The # is legit but it is not necessary to add your cell phone..but I did anyway...lol

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

snap20

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2005/04/dnc.shtm

You could always add cell phone numbers to the do not call registry, but telemarketers are still not allowed to call those numbers anyway.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview