Main Menu

Clarence Clemons RIP

Started by Homer,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

6_6.gif

Clarence Clemons Dies
6/18/2011 5:45 PM PDT by TMZ Staff   

Legendary saxophonist Clarence Clemons died today of complications from a stroke he suffered back on June 12. He was 69.

Clemons, known to fans as the Big Man, was the most famous member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band. His music cut through on songs like "Born To Run," "Thunder Road," "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out," and "Dancing In The Dark"... and on and on.

Bruce Springsteen released a statement, saying, "Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years."

The statement continued, "He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band."

Clemons was married five times and had four sons --  Clarence III, Charles, Christopher and Jarod.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

harley89

Another day the music died.   RIP You were great and now you can Jam in heaven with the rest of the best that  went before you

CindyLouWho

angel19.gif  I loved hearing him play that sax, especially when he & Bruce played together.  I'll miss him but I know his music will live on. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview