PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 06:26:20 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Hurricane Irene

Started by AustinBennett,

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinBennett

Projected path takes Irene as a category 2 storm into new York City with a direct hit. Not good news for a metropolitan city of over 10 million. One must wonder how any manner of evacuation could be of much success with so many involved, although I suppose any is better than nothing. Hope any here involved will stay safe and be smart. As a gulf coast native Texan I know how ugly these storms are and the danger shouldn't be taken lightly.
Prayers to all and good luck!!

Squid

CindyLouWho

Here's hoping & praying that everyone will be safe thru this darn thing!   

I was supposed to move this weekend but now thats on hold so here I sit with not much furniture, food etc cause so much has already went to the new house!  Just so glad I hadn't moved my puter yet!  Course won't do me much good if I lose power later on  giggle2.gif

snap20

Quote from: CindyLouWho on August 26, 2011, 07:57:15 PM
Just so glad I hadn't moved my puter yet!  Course won't do me much good if I lose power later on  giggle2.gif
That's what a generator is for. If you were a true pogo addict you'd have one ready to keep your computer up and running during any power outages.  giggle2.gif impatience.gif

Oh and good luck to all of those in the path...hopefully it won't be as bad as everyone is preparing for.

catfancie

They are taking it very serious here at the Jersey shore.  All low lying areas have been told to evacuate.  A lot of businesses are closed until the storm is past.  Even Pizza Hut is now closed for the next 3 days.  Everyone is afraid including me of loosing power for several days.  An to top it all off I own a mobile home and am worried about the high winds.  Any damage from the storm and I am going to be one of the homeless.   My son has stocked up ice so the freezer is packed solid and so is his cooler.  He said he tried 3 different places today for bread and everyone was sold out.  He can live on peanut butter and jelly but I can't so hopefully the storm will pass quickly.  

slammingrose11

CindyLouWho

crap lights done flickered here a few times, crossing my fingers!  And if I could afford to get a generator I'd bought 1 long time ago   giggle2.gif

Good luck everyone, stay safe!!   embrace.gif

Homer

They are saying power might be down for 1-2 weeks in Philly swear2.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

Wow Homer, I sure hope not!  I'm getting off here cause lights keep flickering so I know its gonna go anytime & I wanta be in my bedroom when it does, lol.  Hope everyone is safe in ther homes!   yawn.gif

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

CindyLouWho

Hope everyone is ok!  My power was out last night, don't know for how long cause when I woke up, seen it ws out I turned over & went back to sleep but it was back on when I finally got back up this morning.  lol  Not raining now but the wind is still pretty strong.  Got lotta flooding in my area but luckily its not affecting me where I am but its close. 

Seen this on Facebook & had to post it here cause I thought it definitely fit us on the east coast!  ..... I Survived the Tornado, Hurricane, and Earthquake Week of Summer 2011

Here's couple pics that my granddaughter took earlier from just outside of town....

lexx

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview