Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

How To Reach Pogo/EA For Help

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Modified July 20, 2015

EA and Pogo have made it easier to reach tech support - just click the Help link on the top of the Pogo homepage and follow the prompts.

The below listed instructions are obsolete, but I'm leaving them there in the off-chance EA and Pogo might have another brainfart.

Old path to EA/POGO Help

After spending way too much time trying to figure out how to reach the 'new and improved' Live Chat/Email/Phone Pogo Customer Support, I found this while reading through Pogo's Forums -

Pogo's help system has been fully integrated into Electronic Arts' help system (EA is Pogo's parent company). All of the same features we've always had access to — like live chat and knowledge base articles — are still available, but getting to them is a little different than before.

Start like you always have: click on the Help link in the upper right hand corner of any page on Pogo.com. You'll be taken to the new EA Help Center.

To get help with Pogo:

1: Ask or enter a search term.
This will search the knowledge base for articles that pertain to your keywords or questions. This will search all of EA's help pages, so be sure to include the word "Pogo" to target your results.

2: Click on the Pogo logo.
This will display the Browse Help page. The drop-down is defaulted to "Featured" articles, but you can also choose "Most Recent" to see current and recent issues.

3: Talk to a Game Advisor.
This is the old "Live Chat" we're used to — and this is where the new system lacks a little functionality and uses some confusing terms. Click the "Talk to a Game Advisor" button and a window will pop up explaining the process to you. Click the "Level Up" button from here to log in with your Pogo username and password. Once you're logged in, it will ask you to provide a few details:

***What product is your question about?
Just type in "Pogo" and click Enter. You can also type the name of a Pogo game you're having a problem with, which will skip step two entirely.

***What game are you playing?
This list is not in alphabetical order — or any discernible order for that matter. If you can't find the game or topic that you need, just pick anything — it's not your fault their system isn't easy to use.

***Select a contact option:
EDITED: EA now only provides  "e-mail support" for Pogo members.  Click on "e-mail" and follow the directions given.

snowflower

hi11.gif
Hats off to you Stinkerbell!!
Thanks for posting this, can't imagine anyone who wouldn't appreciate this thread!
I sure do! You're the BESTEST!!
coffee.gif Sit back and treat yourself some nice milk and cookies!

Kit2594

You can also call them, I've had to do it a few times & they are great! When you do you always get a message about how long the customer before is expected to have to wait before talking to someone. Don't believe it, last time it said they would be waiting another 15 minutes right before someon took my call! Here are the numbers to call:

Inside the United States: 1-866-543-5435
Outside the United States: 1-650-628-4306

Kit

Stinkerbell

Thank you very much, snowflower!!!  embrace.gif Once I found out how to do it, I thought I better post it in a safe place so I can find it again when, not if, I need it!

I hope you're well! I haven't been around as much as I'd like to, but I think of you all often!!  embrace.gif

disneyland lady

I am sure you wrote something insightful and interesting but I am sorry the eye candy caught my attention and I never saw a thing you typed. But if you are talking about Pogo Help, I am a pro there and have recently dealt with the nicest guy named Peggy who recently worked for Discover Card.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on October 29, 2011, 07:43:00 AM
I am sure you wrote something insightful and interesting but I am sorry the eye candy caught my attention and I never saw a thing you typed. But if you are talking about Pogo Help, I am a pro there and have recently dealt with the nicest guy named Peggy who recently worked for Discover Card.

Haha! You wouldn't believe the kinds of eyecandy I got tucked away on my computer!

Sue

Argh I went through the whole process and live chat was unavailable.

Will have to try it during daylight hours...lol

Stinkerbell

Quote from: LuckyCharms on November 01, 2011, 10:36:32 PM
Argh I went through the whole process and live chat was unavailable.

Will have to try it during daylight hours...lol

Gah!!! That sucks, but at least now you know how to find them!

Homer

oh well....they have me waiting 34 minutes for chat help....they need to bring back the old chat....I always got someone in a minute or two swear2.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Homer

Homer

Pogo chat blows 90 mins waiting for a rep and no one ever shows up  swear2.gif

The old chat used to give you someone pretty quickly. Now they have us lumped in with all the platformers rolleyes.gif

Sue

I agree Homer that this chat sucks.

I finally gave up after waiting forever.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on November 04, 2011, 01:50:10 PM
oh well....they have me waiting 34 minutes for chat help....they need to bring back the old chat....I always got someone in a minute or two swear2.gif

I got tired of waiting and went back out and chose for them to call me. I think it took about 20 minutes before I got the call. And when that didn't  fix the problem, I emailed them and within 24 hours they had it all fixed.

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Thanks, Ken! I've edited the post to reflect the changes.

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on November 04, 2011, 03:20:04 PM
Pogo chat blows 90 mins waiting for a rep and no one ever shows up  swear2.gif

The old chat used to give you someone pretty quickly. Now they have us lumped in with all the platformers rolleyes.gif
I guess Homer complained too much, so Pogo took away live chat. Thanks, boss-man!
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

disneyland lady

I was able to get live help recently by entering SIMS as the problem. Then once I got the tech I told him that it was a Pogo Issue and that if he listens carefully I will explain how to correct it and we can both go away happy. He said he did not know anything about Pogo and again I told him that I am going to give him the answer and he can go to his supervisor and should do that. All I wanted was my Super Secret Badge for finishing 20 MnM's and I even knew which badge I wanted. With the new EA Help we lost all of the "possible resolutions" that we used to get at POGO HELP. If they would just bring this back it would really help a lot. The guy tried to get me to post my problem in the Pogo Forums and when I told him that those boards are only Pogo users and not Pogo employees he seemed shocked as he was told different. I got my badge and now am getting close to another finished MnM book so I now have a list of the 34 Super Secret Badges I have and the 7 that I do not have.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on February 03, 2012, 03:31:03 PM
I got my badge and now am getting close to another finished MnM book so I now have a list of the 34 Super Secret Badges I have and the 7 that I do not have.

Are you saying that they STILL don't have that glitch fixed?????????

Homer

I prefer email. Much less pain involved. Even in the old chat I would have to tell them 5 times what the problem was

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on February 03, 2012, 05:46:21 PM
I prefer email. Much less pain involved. Even in the old chat I would have to tell them 5 times what the problem was

I know, right? When they'd ask me questions I already answered, I'd tell them to scroll up and read my comments.  I've gotten the best, fastest results via email help.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview