PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 05:03:59 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Survivor

Started by pete379,

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouWho

Thanks Squid!  I've had it for coons ages, no idea where I even got it  giggle2.gif

CindyLouWho

I can't wait to watch the new show,  should be pretty interesting, & I love Rupert!   I hate that darn Colton tho but heck after watching the disappointing season of BB, this 1 should be great!!   hysterical.gif

disneyland lady

That channel that I think Squid can't get TVGN is going to have an after show with winner Parvati Shallow. Jeff and Parvati did a special this week doing interviews with the players and some previews of the 1st comp. They ARE going to have a Redemption Island but they did rework it to make it better. They will have both teams show up and the former player can swap out with their family member for the challenge ... or not!

I like some of them and actually think Aras's brother might just be a winner. But I would LOVE to have Colton's "fiance" (a farmer) win and tell Colton to get to steppin'

The first episode on Sept 18 will be 90 mins.

CindyLouWho

I think its going to be a pretty good season, least I hope so!!  the 1st show is on just before BB's finale show, so I'll be glued to the tv..lol popcorn2.gif

mycatownsme

Looks like Survivor tonight may be a good one (12/4).
It took me a few shows to catch on to want to watch.
But I seem to always get into the show more after they get rid of some of the players.
And when they start having the jury.
Black stone or white stone....we shall soon see.  popcorn2.gif

gran2x2

I like hayden better in Survivor than Big Brother and I detest Monica...

CindyLouWho

I missed it Wed nite, will try to watch it this weekend.....I like Hayden too & can't stand Monica,... tumbsup.gif

mycatownsme

I had to record the show to watch later. Hope to do that tonight.
I have been curious to know how things turned out.
I also like Hayden, hope he isn't out. Watch...Monica will win this thing!  girls21.gif

disneyland lady

I am going to be out of town next Sunday when they have the 2 hr finale and the 1 hr reunion show so will have to watch after the fact. I am curious if Colton will be allowed to attend since he "quit" and really ticked off Jeff who is, after all, one of the producers. I have an awful feeling the final 3 are going to be Tyson, Monica and Gervase. I really do not want any of them but Gervase is the lesser evil. If Hayden or Tina are left I doubt that the jury would vote for a former winner of Survivor or Big Brother.

Not sure if you got this news but it is sad.

"Tina Wesson won Survivor: Australia back in 2001 and she's competing on the now-airing Survivor: Blood vs. Water with her daughter, Katie Collins. Sadly, Tina's son and Katie's brother, Taylor Lee Collins, died on Tuesday, December 3 in Chattanooga, TN. According to the Times Free Press, 25-year-old Taylor was the passenger in a car that went off the road and struck a wall. He was ejected from the car and died from his injuries. The driver was taken to the hospital with minor injuries."

Squid

I guess I don;t really care who wins but if hardpressed, I guess I'm leaning toward Monica.  I feel like she has played hard in challenges but I also think she has played a strategic game and a social game.  I'm not crazy about her personally, but I'm trying to keep that out of it.

CindyLouWho

Well the new show starts tonight, hope its good.  Should be little different with 3 tribes, just glad its all new people!!   impatience.gif popcorn2.gif

disneyland lady

No SPOILERS The 2 hour premiere was incredible! And I was completely shocked by the 2 that went home. I had chosen both of these people as my top two so I am at a loss right now. Looks like weather will really be an issue this time and I am glad. So many times in the past few years the tribes have been given too few of the really hard challenges.

Probst announced on Twitter that there was a new twist on the Idols. Named for the person who texted Jeff about doing this - the Tyler Perry Idol is a Get Out Of Jail Free card. The new special Idol won't come in to play until later in the game once the tribes have merged. It will be a hidden Idol so there's no guarantee it'll be found or even played but I have a feeling that if someone has it they can use it AFTER the vote!

Fishing5.gif

gran2x2

Got some cocky buttheads this time...Brains aint played very smart so far.. hysterical.gif...I was glad to see Dave go first..he had the attitude of his chit didn't stink...So much for the rich guy running the tribe...Now he can go back to watching his Miami Marlins team finish last this season..

Squid

J' Tai should have her head handed to her wrapped in a banana leaf.

CindyLouWho

I was surprised at the 2 that went home too!  I liked the 1 guy, forget his name but it wasn't Dave..lol.  Yes that darn J'T girl should've got sent packing, she was messing her tribe up too much!   rolleyes.gif  Guess the brains tribe don't have many brains after all,   rolleyes.gif giggle2.gif  May be interesting season. 

disneyland lady

Garrett was the pro poker player. His exit interview was awful and I didn't see that "ppppppoker face" while he bashed everyone. Turns out he was one of those plucked from a bar to be on the show so might understand poker but not Survivor. It irks me that people try and try to be on the show and then casting finds these who have never watched and are found on a flight or a bar. Seems too many in casting are hanging at bars in Vegas or So Cal.

And I am curious about the Hidden Immunity Idols. There was that clue in the spices that was plucked by the Tony the Jersey cop but that was the 2nd challenge. The Beauty tribe won the first challenge which had a higher end fishing gear as their prize. And they did not show any footage of them near that gear so it could very well still be sitting inside something there. I know they packed a lot in the 2 hour premiere and noticed Jeff mentioned that it was "Day 3 and we start our challenges" so there was a lot that they have not shown yet.

And J'Tai's profile says one of her favorite things to do is "playing strategic games". Guess that does not include puzzles. Does she seriously think that a tribe member would be impressed with knowing she is a nuclear engineer? Would they ever have need to breakdown atomic nuclei?  I would be more impressed if she said she worked in Nuclear Medicine cuz we already know she does not do construction. They should give the team more rice but make her eat burnt rice til it is gone!

I really wanted to see more of David cuz I loved his bio, oh well. With only 6 people on a team, the powers that be have to have some contingency plan if one team gets picked off quick. I would hate to see Brains end up inside other teams since they made such a big deal out of having Brains, Beauty and Brawn.

Squid

Is it me or are there really stupid people playing this game?  After this many seasons on the air, you would think the competitors would be a bit more savvy.  I think the New Jersey cop is pretty smart logistically but that mouth of his is stupid as %#$@ and will get him in lots of trouble.  Trouble=Target.

disneyland lady

Did you ever watch Big Brother? They also are CBS and I think the same casting office does both. They had a cop (Capper?) that was so Tony. I am not surprised any more. Many of these people have never even watched Survivor and this is season 28. Some were recruited via being seated next to the casting employee on a plane. Most the last minute/never watched are chosen from a bar. I semi understand why that gal left (quit) last night. She has a child and has anger issues and left before slicing Trish apart limb by pilates trainer limb knowing that her child will be having to live down moms actions. I really wish she had because it would have been more entertaining than what we have gotten so far. I think Tony is a legend in his own mind and his shouting out "Final Five" was only one of his ego ridden comments. Karma, baby!

And did you notice when Trish jokingly said she really was a man that no one laughed?

Squid

She didn't know she had anger issues before joining Survivor?  People with those personality flaws have got to know that being wet, cold, hungry, living in close quarters with virtual strangers is only going to bring all that crap to the surface.  I think dreadlock girl was out of line in the argument with Trish.  People who get personal during arguments just show how immature they are.  Her only argument position was picking Trish's physical attributes apart.  This is a person who decided to have a child?  This person is in charge of raising that child?  I'm tired of people saying that they are permitted to behave badly simply because they were not able to contain their emotions.  "Well.... she made me mad!"  Who cares?  Buckle down and try to keep playing the game the best way you can.  Quitting showed her daughter that she wasn't mature enough or strong enough to endure - and do it with some dignity.   Tony's a jerk.  I think he can be good logistically but he runs his mouth and he's going to pay for that.  I see a lot of that kind of bravado and it's such a turn off.

gran2x2

I can't wait for Trish/Tony to get the vote off and I hope it's a blindside vote....Those two just make me nuts....But I was happy that Alexis got the ax. Cocky guys like Tony always get nailed and it won't happen soon enough for me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview