This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Working around time/token limit.

Started by disneyland lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyland lady

I have just recently started running my auto all night because I have several games that I want to rank out in that I have avoided. I am new to running autos all night and in spite of clearing caches before starting I am getting access errors. In The Poppit Show I see a message that I am being denied access. This also has happened in Fortune Bingo. I did not have this problem with TriPeaks Deluxe. The auto was allowed to run all night. Same with a couple of the other downloadables although these are not from Pogo's new Download Center (avoiding that as long as I can).

I guess I am asking if we have a way around the "too long in one room" in ThunderPopper to-go or FortuneTeller. And does anyone know the games with this limit so I will not try to run those all night?  I still need to get that mushroom in EWB and would love to do this one while I get some zzzz's.
yawn.gif

Joe C

I have never received these messages personally, but I think the message is more about running out of memory than it is about Pogo shutting you down.

Pogo does have a token/rank limiter in many games but to my knowledge there is no amount of games or length of time that would cause Pogo to boot a player from the room.

tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

disneyland lady

What I got was a popup message that said "You are currently prohibited from playing this game" and of course I was certain that they could tell about the auto. I had cleared my caches before I started the game since I wanted it to run all night. I also had just used ccleaner so things were running fast. I also have a lot of memory on my new big computer.

But to check if this was because of being a long time in a game I played Fortune Bingo for 8 hours yesterday during the day and did not get that message so I am thinking it is just another one of those things that Pogo has of masking a real issue.

I remember in the olden days when we used to get a message in the game room letting us know that it was going down for some sort of maintenance in 10 mins. But then I also remember when Pogo had a page you could go to that had red and green buttons to let you know that there were/were not issues with things like the servers or outages.

Squid

I've gotten these messages from time to time, Dis.  I believe most of it is a system issue - at least it was for me.  It's been a long time since I've ranked out in the games you've described but keep at it!  Continue to clean your cache, reboot the system, stop unnecessary processes, put on your VPMinimizer and have at it!  Wish I could be of more help.

disneyland lady

Thanks Squid. I always take helpful hints from cephalopods seriously. Yesterday I was away from the house for 3 hours and set up to play Fortune Bingo and when I got back it had a popup stating "You are prohibited from playing this game." Closing the popup closed the game browser. Again Chrome, again caches cleared and rebooted beforehand. There just does not seem to be rhyme or reason why Pogo would do this since I was able to play for 8 hrs a few days before. And yes, I know, I am saying Pogo and reason in the same sentence.

Squid

LOL, yeah... Pogo and reason... an oxymoronic phrase if I ever heard one.  When ranking out in games, I definitely got those messages much more in some than others.  Penguin Blocks comes to mind.  At first I thought I might be playing the game too quickly... thereby being labelled an auto user.  After all, who can complete a word whomp game in 2.6 nanoseconds, right?  Well, I slowed the auto down to a more reasonable level (in whichever game it was) and I still got the messages.  Some are touchy, I think.  There are those that will just need babysitting.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview