PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 10:01:44 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

NYC Mayor bans baby formula to force breastfeeding????

Started by gran2x2,

Previous topic - Next topic

gran2x2

Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so new mothers will breast-feed.

When did Bloomberg become king??? He is so nuts it isn't even funny!!!

Squid

I agree that the choice lies with individuals but I give him credit for trying to make a healthier city.  No one else is trying.  We're becoming an OBESE society (which is why he's going after sugar-filled soft drinks) and breast feeding has been demonstrated over and over again to be of such great value to the baby that the benefits frequently continue through a lifetime.  Yes, like other issues, you can't dictate what a woman/mother does with her body but we should all start making better health decisions.  If nothing else, he is making people aware.  I like him.

roadwarrior

SSSSSOOOOO  if formula is so bad and hospitals have to hide it like it was crack-

what do you when you have a baby who just "can't" for the love of god, figure out breastfeeding?

What do you do when you have a mom with no allergies and a newborn with allergies that can't drink mom's breast milk?

What do you do when you have a mom who loves her baby but is disgusted by the idea of her baby sucking milk out of her boobs?

I think the whole breast/bottle debate should between mom, baby and spouse.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

C~M

Quote from: gran2x2 on July 30, 2012, 07:07:21 AM
Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so new mothers will breast-feed.

When did Bloomberg become king??? He is so nuts it isn't even funny!!!

He's my hero!!

Squid

Quote from: roadwarrior on July 30, 2012, 07:48:40 AM
SSSSSOOOOO  if formula is so bad and hospitals have to hide it like it was crack-

what do you when you have a baby who just "can't" for the love of god, figure out breastfeeding?
You let the baby starve to death.  C'mon, RoadWarrior.

What do you do when you have a mom with no allergies and a newborn with allergies that can't drink mom's breast milk?
Again, play the starvation card.  Puhhhhlease!

What do you do when you have a mom who loves her baby but is disgusted by the idea of her baby sucking milk out of her boobs?
Get the mother some psychological counseling.  Then feed the baby

I think the whole breast/bottle debate should between mom, baby and spouse.
No one is arguing that.

roadwarrior

Squid

gran2x2

Call me nuts but I think the government and it's politicians are sticking their noses into to much of my business...There are way more serious health issues than breast vs bottle...And I DO NOT want my local mayor or senator etc telling me how to feed my baby. I never breast fed either of mine simply because I had no desire to and they are plenty healthy and normal...and I don't need mental help because I chose not to...(Do I??) giggle2.gif

roadwarrior

Quote from: gran2x2 on July 30, 2012, 10:25:03 AM
Call me nuts but I think the government and it's politicians are sticking their noses into to much of my business...There are way more serious health issues than breast vs bottle...And I DO NOT want my local mayor or senator etc telling me how to feed my baby. I never breast fed either of mine simply because I had no desire to and they are plenty healthy and normal...and I don't need mental help because I chose not to...(Do I??) giggle2.gif

Nope.  I adopted my son-now 19 and started community college in June, a week before he graduated high school when he was 3 days old.  I had no breast milk to feed him.  He's fine, healthy and happy.

Squid

Quote from: gran2x2 on July 30, 2012, 10:25:03 AM
Road Warrior said, "disgusted".  Don't make more of it than is stated.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview