This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

GAME OF THRONES

Started by hotpinklovesofa,

Previous topic - Next topic

hotpinklovesofa

Seriously? No one watches Game of Thrones here or is everyone still trying to recover from tonight's episode? 

All I can say is, I'm glad I didn't start reading the books before the show started because I get far more invested in books than even my most fave TV, and this would have hurt me deeply.  It's not even the finale.  I'm only just now getting back my speech.  If you don't watch GOT, you should. 

Squid

Sue

CindyLouWho

I've heard of it & know its a popular show but I think its on HBO & I don't get that channel.   girl5.gif

gran2x2

I avoid a lot the serials because it seems as soon as I get hooked ...they get cancelled...

playerkane

Quote from: hotpinklovesofa on June 02, 2013, 10:31:07 PM
Seriously? No one watches Game of Thrones here or is everyone still trying to recover from tonight's episode? 

All I can say is, I'm glad I didn't start reading the books before the show started because I get far more invested in books than even my most fave TV, and this would have hurt me deeply.  It's not even the finale.  I'm only just now getting back my speech.  If you don't watch GOT, you should. 
It's great having the internet back,  cheerleading.gif, I stream all tv shows and movies from the internet. I patiently waited for the new episode.  OMG!! I never saw it coming!! WOW!!! I'm still in shock.  no-no.gif

Squid

I don't watch many of the serials because I start to feel trapped by the TV.  I don't want to spend my life in front of the idiot box and there are only so many TV viewing hours in my life.

playerkane

Quote from: Squid on June 03, 2013, 09:42:52 AM
I don't watch many of the serials because I start to feel trapped by the TV.  I don't want to spend my life in front of the idiot box and there are only so many TV viewing hours in my life.

That is so true and couldn't agree more. I haven't watched conventional tv since 2009. With the free online streaming sites, I'm in control. Other than the initial popups, there are no commercials. I watch movies and programs when I have the time, at my convenience. If something comes up, I just pause it, then comeback to it. They're the best thing that happened to the internet, especially if you don't have cable tv or can afford to go to the movies.

hotpinklovesofa

I don't watch many shows so I DVR everything and watch them when I have time, can't sleep, etc., but Sunday nights are all about AMC and HBO programming.  If I didn't have a DVR I would watch everything online.  Companies need to come up with a la carte packages if they don't want people to turn to online sources more and more. I have the cheapest package possible + Showtime and HBO and I still have too many useless cable channels that I don't watch.

disneyland lady

I have watched this since the beginning and even fell for the April Fools prank by George RR Martin & Peter Dinklage saying that Peter was leaving Game of Thrones. And since my real name is one used by the Mother of Dragons, Khaleesi Daenerys Targaryen, I am very pleased with her getting some new eye candy, Daario Naharis. But since I had read A Song of Fire & Ice, I knew what was going to happen and unfortunately nothing changed other than to make it sadder since I am invested in these characters and the actors that play them. I cried as I did while reading the books.

disneyland lady

Saw this the other day and it cracked me up. Khaleesi Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, also know as Mother of Dragons.

disneyland lady

I am sooooo jealous. I have had a houseful of guests for a couple of weeks so that they could spend their money on Comic Con and today is the Game of Thrones panel discussion. Several of them took off at 2am in order to get in line for it. I would LOVE to meet up and get pics of
John Bradley - Samwell Tarly
Emilia Clarke - Daenerys Targaryen
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - Jaime Lannister
Peter Dinklage -Tyrion Lannister
Michelle Fairley - Catelyn Stark
Kit Harington - Jon Snow
Rose Leslie - Ygritt
Richard Madden - Robb Stark
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss Executive Producers 
George R. R. Martin creator - writer of the books AND the voice of Maester Martin in the video game.

Squid

Why don't you go, Dis?  I would love to hear you had a great time!  I'd love to hear the inevitable stories you'd come back with, too!

GO!!!

xoxoxo

Yoming 2

My daughter works 4 nights a week in a comic book store....has for 20 years.  She is so into Comic Con.......She went to Las Vegas...in August she is going to Chicago for another one......she drives me nuts with all the stuff she knows.  She is so proud of all her autographed pics from people I never heard of... hysterical.gif      And this child of mine is 50 years old...........yi-yi-yi     shocked.gif

CindyLouWho

I have this on my Netflix list to get but there is a waiting list for the 1st season & I want to watch it in order   popcorn2.gif giggle2.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview