This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Kim and Kanye's new baby name.

Started by disneyland lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyland lady

Kim and Kanye have only shown us how really little they think about their child. Poor kid already has to have the two of them for parents and is named North West. I guess the good news is she could have been named Shallo, Hallo or Slo West. Makes you yearn for the good old days of normal baby names like Prince, Blanket or Apple.
white flag.gif

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/20/kim-kardashian-baby-name-north-west-kanye/

gran2x2

How about the other stupid names like... Fifi trixiebell ...Pilot inspektor....Banjo...or Audio Science...Celebs label their poor kids for life with whacko names'''

Yoming 2

Quote from: disneyland lady on June 21, 2013, 08:20:07 AM
Kim and Kanye have only shown us how really little they think about their child. Poor kid already has to have the two of them for parents and is named North West. I guess the good news is she could have been named Shallo, Hallo or Slo West. Makes you yearn for the good old days of normal baby names like Prince, Blanket or Apple.
white flag.gif

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/20/kim-kardashian-baby-name-north-west-kanye/

hysterical.gif      hysterical.gif     hysterical.gif     hysterical.gif   

Squid

Kim and Kanye have already said they think their baby is "royalty" (  undecided.gif ) so I'm surprised they didn't go with YourMajesty, YourHighness, Baron, PrinceCharming, Princess, Queen, King, etc.

Remind me again why these people are considered celebrities?   embarrassed.gif

snap20

Honestly, it's nothing new (Moon Unit and Dweezil Zappa anyone?). I saw that "north west" was trending so finally decided to find out why...then I saw it was a name. Shook my head, rolled my eyes and found myself thinking it was no surprise coming from those two.

disneyland lady

disneyland lady

Quote from: snap20 on June 21, 2013, 01:10:56 PM
Honestly, it's nothing new (Moon Unit and Dweezil Zappa anyone?). I saw that "north west" was trending so finally decided to find out why...then I saw it was a name. Shook my head, rolled my eyes and found myself thinking it was no surprise coming from those two.

I grew up down the street from Frank who was older but his band The Blackouts played at my Junior and Senior Prom even though he had moved from the area by then. He has other oddly named kids too besides Moon Unit and Dweezil. He also had Diva and Ahmet. I was a local musician too, playing drums in many of the same early venues and he once gave me a semi-compliment that my bandmates say about me to this day "You don't sweat much for a female drummer". It could very well have been a criticism but I took it as opposite. I even was gifted with a tee that says this!

snap20

lol that's a pretty awesome memory/story to have DL!  beer11.gif

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on June 21, 2013, 02:08:00 PM
"You don't sweat much for a female drummer". 

giggle2.gif   Nice to know you don't reek, Dis.  giggle2.gif

I kissed Harry Chapin.  Pre-death, of course.   blowkisses.gif

snap20

Quote from: Squid on June 21, 2013, 03:10:01 PM

I kissed Harry Chapin.  Pre-death, of course.   blowkisses.gif

I hope that wasn't the CAUSE of death....  whistle.gif giggle2.gif

Squid

Quote from: snap20 on June 21, 2013, 06:59:47 PM
I hope that wasn't the CAUSE of death....  whistle.gif giggle2.gif

I've been advised by legal counsel to never discuss that.   diablo.gif magnifier.gif

hotpinklovesofa

Quote from: Squid on June 21, 2013, 09:46:40 AM
Remind me again why these people are considered celebrities?   embarrassed.gif

Kanye is actually talented.  He's also a jackass who never dealt with his mother's death so I usually cut him some slack because I know he's hurting and he's not that bad in private.  Kim was a Paris hanger-on with a coke whore mother (ask OJ or anyone living in Brentwood and Beverly Hills in the 90s) who thought that if Paris could get famous off of giving lazy blowjobs on camera then so could her daughter's ass (literally), and to one up Paris's 'leaked' sex tape she even convinced her daughter to take a shower of the golden variety which later got cut. After securing a distribution deal with a major p o r n company for her daughter's 'leaked' sex tape, Ryan Seacrest, a.k.a. Satan's butt buddy, saw an opportunity to destroy humanity further and signed the whole family up for a reality show, thereby, extending their 15 minutes and providing them with even more opportunities to be financially successful and famous for being famous for doing nothing.

I know your question was rhetorical but I couldn't help myself. Also, North, or Nori, will always be known as Norikake (rhymes with sake) amongst my friends and me. Yep, we're taking it out on a baby but we're pretty sure there's a 50-50 chance that by the time it can figure out what we're saying that she'll have already become a mini monster combo of her father and mother and, therefore, lost all humanity she was possibly born with. #kanyeshrug

snap20

I'd agree that Kanye is very talented. His personality and attitude override that though and his talent is easily overlooked and ignored (as it should be) by those that actually appreciate hip hop/rap, myself included. It's too bad his talent goes to waste because of it.

Squid

I suppose you fine folks see something in Kanye that I just don't see.  I think he is just another angry imbecile who wouldn't know how to act in social situations if it were to save his life.  I saw him perform a couple times on a recent SNL show and I thought he was terrible.  Clearly, others feel differently.  I actually saw a portion of the sex tape Kim made with a previous boyfriend and I can't believe that they are becoming MORE famous for that kind of crap.  I was unimpressed with her performance and turned away after about two minutes.  YUCK.  North doesn't stand a chance.

harley89

Quote from: Squid on June 22, 2013, 02:57:48 AM
I suppose you fine folks see something in Kanye that I just don't see.  I think he is just another angry imbecile who wouldn't know how to act in social situations if it were to save his life.  I saw him perform a couple times on a recent SNL show and I thought he was terrible.  Clearly, others feel differently.  I actually saw a portion of the sex tape Kim made with a previous boyfriend and I can't believe that they are becoming MORE famous for that kind of crap.  I was unimpressed with her performance and turned away after about two minutes.  YUCK.  North doesn't stand a chance.

You are saying what I have always thought.   Main reason I do not watch reality shows(except TreeHouse Masters it is fun)And I want Pete to build me a Harley TreeHouse

disneyland lady

Kris's late hubby was a family friend and also I always kidded him that he followed me to San Diego (where he went to law school). Unfortunately for us he was also my fathers atty and didn't have the same outcome as the OJ trial. I always thought though that Rob was just stunned with shock cuz he knew his buddy was guilty. I only met Kris twice but since she really liked to be the center of attention she never even acknowledged me even though my 6 brothers and I performed at the function.

And I was remiss in not saying that Frank Zappa's daughter was Diva - I left out her full legal name - Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen Zappa. Try showing up to 3rd grade with THAT on your lunch bag!

hotpinklovesofa

Quote from: disneyland lady on June 22, 2013, 07:13:33 AM
Kris's late hubby was a family friend and also I always kidded him that he followed me to San Diego (where he went to law school). Unfortunately for us he was also my fathers atty and didn't have the same outcome as the OJ trial. I always thought though that Rob was just stunned with shock cuz he knew his buddy was guilty. I only met Kris twice but since she really liked to be the center of attention she never even acknowledged me even though my 6 brothers and I performed at the function.

And I was remiss in not saying that Frank Zappa's daughter was Diva - I left out her full legal name - Diva Thin Muffin Pigeen Zappa. Try showing up to 3rd grade with THAT on your lunch bag!

I hate when parents who will already screw up their kid with their 'my child is a special snowflake' approach to parenting (see example below) have to go even further with their unique/strange/ridiculous names. At what point does it become child abuse? New Zealand has a list of names that they ban parents from giving their kids and the US should adopt a similar law to avoid even more generations of Peppercorns, Audios and Station Wagons.

Didn't pass a single test! Sorry but your kid is AVERAGE which is fine. Meeting all development milestones on time is not proof positive that the kid is exceptional, it's actually the opposite. When did being average become such a horrible thing? Average people have accomplished amazing things and become enormously successful. Average isn't going to hold you back. Mommy doing your homework and sitting in on your college interviews will.  People act like no public school or basic private school kids ever get admitted into Ivy League schools. If anything those kids are proof that THEY are exceptional because they didn't have the direct (and easy) path laid out for them since preschool.

snap20

Caught this link and browsed through it: http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/worst-celebrity-baby-names-1371848287-slideshow/

I honestly couldn't go further after I facepalmed at Rob Morrow's daughter....Tu. Yep, Tu Morrow.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview