PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 04:03:31 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Kim and Kanye's new baby name.

Started by disneyland lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyland lady

One of the CEO's at Warner Music was a very nice lady named Ann Burr. She lost all creed with me when she named her child Tim - Tim Burr! I have had issues with names since birth. I have 6 brothers and my mother chose a very flowery female name but my father put my nickname on my birth certificate and legally my name is very male. The only time I have ever been called by my should-have-been name is when they were really angry. I used to just joke that my parents had vision problems and just thought I was one more male. But it is also why I compete harder and do not have the shopping gene - instead having the gadget gene so after being 113 yrs old I am finally good with my name. Unfortunately most of my spam is male oriented and naked girls are constantly friending me on Twitter!

Oh and when I went to look how to spell Diva Zappa's whole name I found that even poor Ahmet wasn't just mini-odd - his full name is Ahmet Emuukha Rodan Zappa. Dweezil turned out to have the normal name only cuz the hospital refused to allow Dweezil. He was born Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa and had his legal name changed to Dweezil at age 5.

Squid

I don't have the shopping gene either!  All my girlfriends have thought I was very odd!  "Going to the mall...?"   "No, thanks, see you later"

I have the gadget gene and can spend FOREVER in Home Depot, Lowe's and Harbor Freight.  My boyfriends have all loved me for that.

Nice to know that there's yet one more thing you and I have in common, Theodore.... er...... uh..... I mean DisneylandLady!

Yoming 2

I too have a weird first name.....it was my Dad's old girlfriends name..  You think that made my momma happy?? I was called a lot of stuff, and when I left home at 17 ( after I graduated ) I started using my middle name cause the first job I took was in Kansas and the boss couldn't pronounce the name.
I don't like shopping " in the mall " but I am a do it your selfer and would rather spend time at Home Depot than Target.   And by the way.....I will be going to Harbor Freight on Tuesday with my shopping list in hand ( they are having a tent sale )...yippee.    huh.gif

This is your useless information for the day................. hysterical.gif   

Squid

Why on earth did your mother agree to name you after your father's old girlfriend!?!?

What time are you going to Harbor Freight?  I'll meetcha there!

Yoming 2

Quote from: Squid on June 23, 2013, 07:18:52 AM
Why on earth did your mother agree to name you after your father's old girlfriend!?!?

What time are you going to Harbor Freight?  I'll meetcha there!

I was born in the '30s and my mom at the time was a back woods farm girl pushed into marriage by her father.   What the man wanted, he usually didn't ask, but just done it. And my dad was 15 years older than she was.    She gave me her middle name which was a blessing cause it is easy to say and remember and I have used it all these years since 1957.   tumbsup.gif

Harbor Freight about 3:00.....got 3 20% off coupons and 4 freebie coupons.  I need a tarp about 20 x 24 and they ain't cheap.    

Squid

Quote from: Yoming 2 on June 23, 2013, 11:37:39 AM
She gave me her middle name which was a blessing cause it is easy to say and remember and I have used it all these years since 1957.   tumbsup.gif

Harbor Freight about 3:00.....got 3 20% off coupons and 4 freebie coupons.  I need a tarp about 20 x 24 and they ain't cheap.   
WTG on the middle name  tumbsup.gif

Wooo hooo!  H.F. - here we come!  I've got good negotiation skills.  We'll get the price down on that tarpaulin!

hotpinklovesofa

Ahmet isn't that unusual a name actually.  It's a Turkish name and Ahmet Zappa is one of 4 or 5 I've met just in business, and I'm not that old. As for the other siblings, back then it kind of made sense as these people were fighting against the establishment in every possible way, and with the message of peace, love, nature, that whole thing you get where some of these names came from.  These days celebrities do it to get additional publicity in addition to using their children as accessories, now that purse dogs are out of fashion.  I don't see the point of having a kid just to hand it over to nannies except in photo ops where you pretend to be an involved parent.

I didn't get the shopping gene either. I only shop when I need something and I'm very specific about what I want and sometimes will end up spending a lot of money because it just ends up that way. My bf will often say that I can pick the simplest thing in the shop and it'll end up being the most expensive but it basically evens out compared to people who shop for cheaper stuff but much more often. He too gets turned on by my ability to hold a drill and fix the toilet myself although I do use YouTube for instructions on how to do stuff.

My mother basically got the daughter she always wanted when she adopted her dog because that dog will follow her every command, always stays super close, wears lots of pink frilly clothes and is as dainty as can be. I grew out of the girly phase at about 12 and my mother never got over it.  My goth phase was not a good time for her and she abhors my tattoos even though they're high quality and beautiful done.  She also can't believe I'm only just now getting married, and regardless of how successful I was on my own she never really did relax until I got into a serious live-in relationship with my bf (technically my fiance but it just feels weird saying it in conversation or writing.)

Squid

disneyland lady

Keeping up with the off-topic! So I guess you can just imagine the horror I have had this weekend when my neighborhood had Scrapbook Yard Sales! Been off hiding at the beach all weekend! They should just be glad I did not lock and load on their azzes.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Squid

Quote from: Homer on June 25, 2013, 01:11:41 PM
Would it be wrong to name a baby "BOOBIES"  undecided.gif
Awww, he's back.  So nice to have your breast-obsessed self back with us, Homer!   embrace.gif

snap20

Saw this on a meme on another site: Kim gave birth to North West, so does that mean Kim's vagina is the North West Passage?  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Squid

Quote from: snap20 on June 28, 2013, 01:35:06 AM
Saw this on a meme on another site: Kim gave birth to North West, so does that mean Kim's vagina is the North West Passage?  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
ROFL....  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif        one question... is her butt "Pike's Peak"?

snap20

Quote from: Squid on June 28, 2013, 06:37:57 AM
ROFL....  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif        one question... is her butt "Pike's Peak"?

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif I guess the "middle" would be either the Grand Canyon or Continental Divide.

Yoming 2

Quote from: snap20 on June 28, 2013, 05:14:57 PM
hysterical.gif hysterical.gif I guess the "middle" would be either the Grand Canyon or Continental Divide.

hysterical.gif      hysterical.gif      hysterical.gif   

snap20

Jessica Simpson named their baby "Ace Knute Johnson". Not as bad, but where I'm from Knute is pronounced "NOOT", they are pronouncing it "K-NOOT". *insert eye roll*

Yoming 2

Quote from: snap20 on July 01, 2013, 01:08:50 PM
Jessica Simpson named their baby "Ace Knute Johnson". Not as bad, but where I'm from Knute is pronounced "NOOT", they are pronouncing it "K-NOOT". *insert eye roll*

I'll bet she wouldn't know who that name belonged to ( Knute Rockne ).  I 'm surprised she didn't spell it  Knut......... giggle2.gif

snap20

Quote from: Yoming 2 on July 01, 2013, 01:25:07 PM

I'll bet she wouldn't know who that name belonged to ( Knute Rockne ).  I 'm surprised she didn't spell it  Knut......... giggle2.gif

LOL. Rockne is the only person I'd think of if someone said Knute...but I love sports so that would make sense. I wouldn't even think someone would know the name outside of him. At least she didn't go with something like kanoot or cawnute or something. :P

disneyland lady

Quote from: Homer on June 25, 2013, 01:11:41 PM
Would it be wrong to name a baby "BOOBIES"  undecided.gif

I am sure that William and Kate are considering this one with the birth of the new prince, Prince Boobie of Cambridge. (sad to think that today Diana would have been a Nana. She would have made a great nana!)

Squid

Diana would be 50 or 51 now.  She would have loved this moment with her son and his growing family.   The name will, in all likelihood, be something very proper.... like Edward... or Adrian  or Alfred  Arthur  Augustus  Charles  Edgar  Edmund  Ernest Frederick Geoffrey Harold Henry(Prince Harry's real name)  Humphrey  Jasper  John  Leopold  Lionel  Nicholas Philip  Richard Robert  Rupert  Stephen Thomas Victor William

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview