PlayBuddy
April 25, 2024, 05:51:44 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

personal challenges petition(club pogo) if regulars want to sign to, i say why n

Started by sser,

Previous topic - Next topic

DEBKARLAR

So if everyone gets all the badges that pogo offered then what?..... back to boredom and looking forward to "new" crappy games pogo can dream up in their SILLY  little heads and watered down challenges? I'd love to be the proverbial fly on the wall at pogo's staff meetings

BadgeHelpOscar

You should waltz on into their Redwood City office and apply...it can't be that hard to get hired on....They offered me a job there but I enjoy eating on a regular basis.
Hi, my name is Barbie....are you a developer? I think I love you, will you be my "boyfriend"? Yeah, I'm annoying and a liar....my husband? No, Davey doesn't care...

DEBKARLAR

Quote from: PogoPal on July 23, 2004, 09:45:25 PM
You should waltz on into their Redwood City office and apply...it can't be that hard to get hired on....They offered me a job there but I enjoy eating on a regular basis.
last time I waltzed I tripped over my partner

KittyKat

This is what I think of the Personal Challenges, I think they are great I'm so glad I can go back and get the badges I never got. But I do think they should do like 1 a day insted of 1 a week. or maybe like 3 a week. But I still like them. Thats my $.02

Barbyxo

Yes, it is true that if you have 50 badges to catch up on you have to wait 50 weeks.  Those of us who chose to subscribe to the Club Pogo service at its inception were limited to how many badges we could get at any given time.  Those who came in late were allowed a bonus grace period to get badges that we had to fight for, many times without the blessing of auto programs that were not available at the time.  On several occasions, Pogo went kablooey and we lost our progress and had to start from scratch.  We had fewer options and fewer chances.  Then enter the "Johnny Come Lately" and they want it all and they want it now.  They chose not to subscribe for 25 weeks and are in the red with 50 badges in deficit and they want instant gratification.  They are asking for an edge that we didn't have and they are fuming that they can't have it.  I do not believe that any petition would move the Pogo powers that be to allow everyone fee range to shoot to the top.  This would piss off the original members, and we are the ones that are about to be hit with the next year's fees for the benefits of Club Pogo.  If these people are so passionate about this cause then they should have joined sooner than they did.

There is no easy resolution to this cause. It is a hot topic of debate and is out of hand by the very nature of the spam mail being sent to members who feel strongly about this issue, both pro and con.  Only time will tell how Pogo chooses to deal with this.  Some are going to be happy and some are going to be mad. We will all move forward and deal with it one way or another.

LuLu

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.  I only ever had one message in my pogo box.  That was the one welcoming me.  I've been a club member for over 7 months too.  I guess nobody has me on their friends list.   ;D

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Bizach0620

I am lucky I only have 16 badges to get.  I am pissed off at the people who chose to do the firefly badge and then they bitch about it.  That is uncalled for.  If you chose one and don't like it you can change it.

Homer

You know what would be neat with the badges is if you could redo the challenges to attain a certain status level. Kind of like the Olympics. First time you complete the badge it's bronze then silver then gold. You get the idea. Now that would be a challenge. :P

YZrider

Quote from: Homer on July 24, 2004, 06:02:09 AM
You know what would be neat with the badges is if you could redo the challenges to attain a certain status level. Kind of like the Olympics. First time you complete the badge it's bronze then silver then gold. You get the idea. Now that would be a challenge. :P
Now thats the best idea I have heard all week. You better fly out to EA and present it to the board.

Homer

Yeah your right. I should work for them. Could you imagine what their membership renewal rate would be with all the badge-o-holics. You could even add a platinum level now that I think about it. ;)

kizzakad

lol... now there is another petition going around..

Remember back when you were able to change your pogo name once every 30 days? This was very useful when being stalked or harassed by another player, or when you just got tired of your name and felt like updating it. Well Pogo just took that ability from us one day a long time ago for no reason whatsoever and I for one would like it back! So if you would please sign your Pogo name at the bottom and pass it around to everyone you know I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Homer

Super Duckie

2TOOME

Quote from: Bizach0620 on July 24, 2004, 05:47:36 AM
I am lucky I only have 16 badges to get.  I am pissed off at the people who chose to do the firefly badge and then they bitch about it.  That is uncalled for.  If you chose one and don't like it you can change it.

Oh!  That's so funny!  You and I must have been in the same room!  I was going for my firefly badge and everyone was like "this is soooo hard", "I hate this game", Damn firefly!", "I'm going to kill that alligator and make thong underwear out of it".  That last one was my favorite.  I usually leave my chat on cause you never know when some cornball is going to come on say something really crazy but after all that whining I had to cut it off.  I'm with you, if you don't like the challenge you chose, then pick another one!  I got my firefly badge and it is my all time favorite cause I did it w/o a cheat and it took so damn long to get.

Homer

Blue Aquarius

I tried that dang first class challenge, the one where ya have to win 3 games in a row.  Finally got so mad i changed the challenge and got the dizzy frog in Greenback.  I also saw the thong alligator comment.  lol

Super Duckie

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview