This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo Lowered EA Card Gems Today

Started by disneyland lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyland lady

Grrrrr....... today as part of their Tues maint and without any prior notice they lowered the amount of gems on the $20 EA card from 350 to 275 Pogo Gems (Includes 25 Bonus Pogo Gems). I knew it would eventually come but I still had one card waiting to enter BEFORE they did that. Sucks.

Squid

Does that mean all the cards I bought prior to the change have lowered?

disneyland lady

I am pretty sure it does. UNLESS they said 350 gems on them - none of mine did and they used to so I figured this day was coming what with the higher rates they did for gems online. But I WAS expecting some sort of warning before they did it. Our bad - but at least we only paid $15 for them.

Squid

I'll fight it.  I bought all the cards with the expectation of 350 gems.  I bet i win.  I'll go into persuasive mode.  LOL

roadwarrior

Quote from: Squid on September 26, 2013, 08:43:54 AM
I'll fight it.  I bought all the cards with the expectation of 350 gems.  I bet i win.  I'll go into persuasive mode.  LOL

dumb question-why didn't you claim them all when you first bought them?  Second I'm buying a $20 EA game card on the 3rd when I get paid.  How many gems will that get me now?  270-did I read that right?  Thanks!!!  :)
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Squid

I think you will get 275 gems for that 20 dollar card.  I bought eleven or twelve cards.  I didn't want to take a chance that there was a maximum amount of gems that could be applied to one account so I did not apply all the cards.  Grrrrr

Squid

I've been trying to get LIVE CHAT for two days now and it keeps saying they are having technical difficulties.  Anyone actually getting through?

essybee

Quote from: Squid on September 30, 2013, 01:59:15 PM
I've been trying to get LIVE CHAT for two days now and it keeps saying they are having technical difficulties.  Anyone actually getting through?
I can't get through either , I know at one time there was a cap on number of gems  and that is what I was trying to find out
They enjoy vexing me  giggle2.gif

Squid

I finally got through to EA/Origin/Pogo and got the 350 gems for each of my purchased cards.  It wasn't easy.  I'd like to thank Disney for her help with some social media avenues that probably assisted in SHAMING them into action.  I'm a happy girl with the outcome but my EA Card buying days are over as are my gem buying days, I think.  It's all left a bad taste in my mouth.  HAGDE.

disneyland lady

So glad that they honored your cards. I have found that total humiliation works as good as guilt, shame and embarrassment. And that old saying about the squeeky squid still holds true!

essybee

Glad that worked for you . I purchased some cards that were to be gifts but I think I am going to find something else to use . I shall keep these for me . I am a tad bid vexed but it will go away..  coffee.gif

Sue

I was looking for the thread that had all the gems figured out as to the cost per gem.

Does anyone know the thread I am talking about and if so where oh where is it? help.gif

Edited to say I made a new post about the pricing of gems just below this thread... so no need now to find the other one.

Sue

This time I figured it out to the five gems of each pkg...cost what?

1000 Pogo Gems Includes 200 Bonus Gems $ 55.99 .27995 so 28 cents for five gems

850 Pogo Gems Includes 150 Bonus Gems $ 49.99 .29405 so 29 cents for five gems

400 Pogo Gems Includes 50 Bonus Gems $ 24.99 .312375 so 31 cents for five gems

225 Pogo Gems Includes 30 Bonus Gems $ 14.99 .33311 so 33 cents for five gems

125 Pogo Gems Includes 20 Bonus Gems $ 8.99 .3596 so 36 cents for five gems

50 Pogo Gems Includes 10 Bonus Gems $ 3.99 .399 so 40 cents for five gems

20 Pogo Gems $ 1.99 No Bonus Gems .4975 so 50 cents for five gems

And the EA CARD 275 gems for $ 20.00 .363636 so 36 cents for five gems

And the EA CARD 275 gems for $ 15.00 .272727 so 27 cents for five gems

Squid

The best price I ever got was approx. 4ยข per gem.  Those days are gone.

disneyland lady

If Gamestop does not have any sales on EA cards, I will go to Target where using my "redcard" gets me 5% which is jack but better than no discount.

essybee

Thank you lucky for sharing this info I was also wondering  how much each gem was worth  beer11.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview