PlayBuddy
April 23, 2024, 01:10:39 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

BIG Brother - Season 16

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Season premiere:  June 25, 2014

The 16 new houseguests are introduced & HoH competition #1 takes place.

Check your local listings!  May the voyeurism begin...

disneyland lady

As much as we were shocked by the things done by last years contestants - not one of them, even the winner, outlasted their 15 mins of fame. I only know that Amanda and McCrae are no longer together because I just googled him to see how to spell his name.  tumbsup.gif

Please, bring on some interesting people and drama. I will not buy the feeds but they are going to have BBAD on TVGN again this year which means lots of censorship gonna happen. And please NO BRENDON OR RACHEL OR COMBINATION IN ANY FORM.

gran2x2

Already bought my feeds to get it cheaper..I was thrilled that Macranda split.they were a joke to begin with...filthy skank and a wimp azz bum...Ginamarie is trying to do Playboy spread...What a bunch of losers last season...But I am addicted...let the crap begin!!!!!

The première episode of Big Brother 16 will be airing on June 25th, 2014. We all know that the wait until the season begins is the hardest part of being a big brother fan. Thankfully exclusive MEMBERS ONLY content will be released for our viewing pleasure. This Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 marks the first day that the bonus live feed content will be available exclusively to live feed subscribers. New features, more exclusive access and SAVE 20% if you subscribe now!

Squid

I think I read that all 16 contestants are NEW.  No Brenchels.  LOL

C~M

I have heard that this season is Blood vs. Water like Survivor was, meaning both Rachel & Elissa will be on it.

'Big Brother 16' Rumor: Is a Relatives Season a Good or Bad Idea?

The premiere of Big Brother 16 is just three weeks away. The 24/7 live feeds, alliances and backdoors, Power of Veto and Head of Household, expecting the unexpected and Julie Chen's famous "But first" are all less than a  month away, and while there's no official word on what twists may be in store, one rumor seems to be dominating the Internet.

Keep in mind, this is only an unconfirmed rumor that could very easily be false, so everything from here on is pure speculation.

The popular rumor is that Big Brother 16 will be a "Relatives" season in which pairs of family members will compete alongside each other, similar to Survivor's popular Blood vs. Water twist. It may include veterans, newbies or a mixture of both. Some of the rumored potential houseguests include sisters (and former HGs) Rachel Reilly and Elissa Slater, married couple Daniele Donato and Dominic Briones (who met and competed together in season 13) as well as season 14 standout Frank Eudy and his dad, professional wrestler Sycho Sid Vicious.

The idea of playing in pairs is nothing new, as Big Brother has done it several times. In season 6 houseguests entered as secret partners, though the secret was quickly figured out. Season 9 started with HGs competing together and getting evicted as pairs. Season 13 began with "Dynamic Duos" in which a single duo was nominated and only one was eliminated before it became an individual game.

If the rumor is true about a Relatives season, any of those could be potential twists, either playing individually, nominating two pairs or nominating a single pair. But is the rumor exciting or nauseating.

Why a Relatives Season Would Be Good

After the obnoxious controversy surrounding Big Brother 15, bringing back veterans would be a good idea. They understand how the show works and would be less likely to say those kinds of idiotic, ignorant, hateful remarks.

There are also plenty of past contestants I'd love to see again. Daniele Donato is my all-time favorite and Frank, while annoying, was a dominant physical player. Any season with a preexisting fan base is a good thing for CBS.

It also helps that the Survivor model was so well-received. People liked the Blood vs. Water format and that show is bringing it back this fall. Using it on Big Brother would be a great way to keep the popular trend going.

Why a Relatives Season Would Be Bad

I honestly love this idea and part of me hopes the rumor is true, but there's one major point that has me worried: Rachel. I've made no attempt to hide my disdain for Rachel Reilly and everything she brings to reality TV. Her voice is annoying, she cries way too much and she always tries to make everything about herself. I understand why the CBS reality casting department would keep bringing her back because she's a polarizing figure who loves creating drama out of nothing. But that's what I can't stand.

Even worse, CBS has overused her. She and her husband, Brendon, have already competed on two seasons of The Amazing Race and two seasons of Big Brother. And her sister, Elissa, was on Big Brother last season, where the MVP twist once again made it all about the Brenchel Army's fan base.

I'm not sure how much more of her I can take. She and her family have already taken up three of my last four summers on Big Brother and two of my last four springs on TAR. Giving Rachel a fifth shot at winning a TV show seems like overkill.

And the worst part is that I can't imagine Big Brother doing a Relatives season without her. The show loves making everything about Rachel, and bringing in her sister last season was like a test case for a Relatives season.

What do you think of the idea of a Relatives season on Big Brother? Big Brother 16 premieres Wednesday, June 25 at 8pm on CBS.

From:: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/big-brother/big-brother-16-rumor-is-a-rela-53741.aspx

disneyland lady

If they do this I sure do hope that we do not have Rachel. I actually watched her seasons (and Amazing Races) with my mute on and just using closed captions. And Rachel, Elissa and Brendon showed up on several CBS soaps a couple of times as well as Let's Make A Deal. NO MORE RACHEL.

But I have to admit I would love to see old Chicken George come back perhaps with one of his kids. And maybe Candice from last season but no Howie please.

CindyLouWho

Squid

CindyLouWho

Been trying to hop in everyday for couple minutes to keep updated but have lots of personal things been going on at home, also puter problems, & trying to play at pogo when I can, having to play by hand cause I lost everything a while back when my puter crashed...lol   Sometimes I feel like committing myself into a nut house then think, I'm already living in 1 !!   hysterical.gif

Squid

Good to have some humor, even in the face of adversity!  I hope all gets better for you, Cindy.  If you need help with badges, let me know :)

GoldSawdust

No more Rachel or ANY member of her family. This woman will eventually have her own reality show awwww!!

disneyland lady

First here is a link to the houseguests this season including what looks like a Duck Dynasty wannabe, a cop, a female minister and a youtube "sensation".

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/photos/1001745/meet-the-houseguests/?ftag=MKTb70c745&ttag=mktg_news_BB_pic_0619

Yesterday on The Talk, Julie Chen gave away the following twists for the season and they look very interesting!

In the first twist, two Houseguests will win the coveted role of "Head of Household" (HOH) each week, which still comes with special privileges, including a separate suite inside the house. Each HOH will have the responsibility of nominating two fellow Houseguests for eviction every week. However, for the first time on the series, earning HOH will not guarantee one's safety in the game for the week.

With the second twist, fans will have a unique opportunity to significantly influence the game from home with a new interactive element called "Team America."

In addition, this season of BIG BROTHER will introduce an entirely new high-stakes competition, "Battle of the Block," which will dramatically shift the power in the house each week.

"When the Houseguests learn about the new twists, they will need to throw out any pre-existing strategy if they want to survive in the game," said Allison Grodner, Executive Producer of BIG BROTHER. "The new Battle of the Block competition will shake up the power in the house like never before. A Houseguest can go from zero to hero, or vice versa, every week!"

This season, the BIG BROTHER Houseguests will live in a whimsical urban tree house themed dwelling. The living room features a 20 foot tall wood tree sculpture, and wood panels that give the illusion of peering out into the world from inside the tree. The theme continues with the dining room's branch-bound chairs and the kitchen's butcher block island made of thick slabs of eucalyptus trees. Nestled above the living room is an actual tree house shack where the Houseguests can play chess. The Head of Household suite includes a giant bird's nest for the bed and a wall lined with nearly 1,000 bird houses. Also, the bedrooms are themed based on the classical elements earth, wind and fire, with the bathroom as water.

CindyLouWho

gran2x2

disneyland lady

Quote from: gran2x2 on June 20, 2014, 05:53:26 PM
cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif  NO BRENCHEL!!!!  cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif

There was never any statement about NO BRENCHEL. After all, Julie keeps saying "expect the unexpected". So I am going to expect them and then by reverse they should not show. But I bet that they will use them as "guest hosts" like they did Ian or in some sort of Pandora thing. CBS seems to own them or visa versa so I will personally write Allison Grodner an apology if she does not include them.

Can you imagine what it would have been if that cute little female minister would have been in the same house with Amanda and McCrae? And this year they have a 2 night premiere and that is odd. Are they going to film it now and edit it into 2 nights? Or have them enter then the next night have the first competition for the double HOH? Confusion but summer is here and I am excited.

Edited to add that BBAD on TVGN does not start until the 2nd day so I think it will not be any live stuff the first night.

disneyland lady

So did you watch the first night? No spoilers from me just in case and if you missed it and didn't DVR, you can go to
http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/ and watch it. This year they are going to have Team America not just for voting on foods and our challenge (before it aired) was to choose someone to form an alliance and were told to do this wisely as it WILL have an affect on the game. This should be interesting because I did not do this before but the one I would have I chose seems to be dumb as dirt so glad I didn't!

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/team-america-vote/

And I was looking ahead at the sched for BBAD on TVGN and it seems they will only do 1 hour each night although they are saying that this will be "expanded" during the summer. They are touting the first night (tonight) as commercial free which means we will get those awful repetitive commercials making that 1 hour only about 40 mins after tonight. I think we should have a drinking game to the one that has Chenbot telling us to "expect the unexpected".

Jeff Schroeder (of Jeff and Jordan fame) will again host several online events.  This started last night with a "meet the new houseguest" and will have a weekly Live Chat with whoever gets voted out.

Squid

Missed the first 20 minutes!  I forgot.  I'll watch CBS later to see it.

gran2x2

If I have to watch pow-pow aka bow wow for weeks on the feeds I may shoot myself...I hate the ones who think they are all that plus a bag of chips...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview