PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 11:50:58 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Actor Robin Willliams dies

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

Just now they came on air with the announcement that actor Robin Williams has passed away.....found in his Calif. home.  He was 63 and had just gotten out of rehab not long ago.... sad.gif      

Sue

We must have been posting at the same time cause I just posted this.

Squid

I heard it on World New Tonight and I thought I misheard!  I went online and they're not saying anything.  They said it's suicide.
Oh, dear, what a tragic thing.

CindyLouWho

I was so shocked when I heard this earlier this evening....RIP   angel19.gif angel19.gif

disneyland lady

Having grown up in the middle of the "Hollywood" lifestyle, I see how things are amplified for celebrities. If we, as just ordinary every-day people can feel depressed, alone in the middle of a crowd and unworthy, then being so well known has to bump it up. And people like him who are "on" all the time, it is even harder to cope. My father was "on" and always had a group hanging around to be entertained. I was/am the same way. I even hear that voice in my head telling me to STOP because this is just unhealthy. And I have a feeling that those rehabs for celebrities are nothing like the ones for the regular Joe. There they are told how many people love them and want to be them rather than giving them coping skills to learn to love themselves and not for how people care for their acting/singing/comedy.

Neil deGrasse Tyson (from the new Cosmos series) tweeted it the best:

‏@neiltyson
Mork from Ork: Rare evidence that aliens can be smart, clever, articulate & funny.  Robin Williams, RIP

MsMissy

I was also shocked to hear about Robin Williams myself as I grew up watching Mork& Mindy .  Its been on news on every channel this morning, so sad. he was so funny, & I loved The Birdcage movie & my favorite Mrs Doubtfire. also others too.  RIP  Robin Williams.        Mork from Ork angel19.gif

snowflower

I too grew up with Mork and Mindy ... and watched everything I knew he was acting in.
He was the kind you felt you knew on a first name basis ... "Hey, Robin's in this one!"....
How many actors can say that???
My friend, I'll miss you ...you were one in a millon!!  

RIP Robin  angel19.gif  You'll be missed by many.  heart1.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview