PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 11:06:20 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Monthly Plan Price going up 9-30-14

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

Monthly Plan Price Increase Takes Effect on 9/30/2014

We're dedicated to making Pogo a fun, awesome and rewarding site, and an unbeatable value. That's why we've been working on upgrading older titles from Java to Flash, adding full-screen support to popular Club Pogo titles and improving customer support, among many other things.

We strive to keep Club Pogo prices as low as possible, and you might have noticed that subscription rates haven't changed in over four years. However, there will be a modest increase in the price of the Monthly Plan, taking it from $5.99 to $6.99 starting 9/30/2014 for new and lapsed subscribers. Yearly and 3-Month Plans will remain the same great value.

If you're already a Monthly Plan subscriber using recurring billing, your price will stay the same for as long as you continue renewing without lapsing. You're also welcome to switch to our best-valued plan, priced at $39.99 a year (or about $3.33 a month). It's a year's worth of entertainment for the cost of one night out.

Thank you for your support.

snap20

Just the start...wait and see.

I like how they use the transition from Java to Flash as if it's some sort of great thing. Flash is just as buggy, and those of us with older computers, it's much, much worse to use (the games are slow and lag quite a bit). HTML5 is replacing flash nowadays and my guess is that EA will stick with flash as long as they possibly can.

disneyland lady

Thanks to Subway I am still set to my next upgrade in 2023.

KrAzY

Quote from: snap20 on August 31, 2014, 03:52:34 PM
Just the start...wait and see.

I like how they use the transition from Java to Flash as if it's some sort of great thing. Flash is just as buggy, and those of us with older computers, it's much, much worse to use (the games are slow and lag quite a bit). HTML5 is replacing flash nowadays and my guess is that EA will stick with flash as long as they possibly can.

Agreed! I have a more modern pc even and the flash games still freeze up and or stall out alot And last i knew flash was a obsolete thing to use anymore as it is since html5 was released some time ago to replace it if i'm not mistaken?

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on August 31, 2014, 04:16:17 PM
Thanks to Subway I am still set to my next upgrade in 2023.

Woooo hoooo!  Everyone over to Dis' place in 2022 to play some games!

AustinBennett

My computer is getting old, too. If I type in chat with a game using flash I almost have to bang on keys to get all the letters to font. This is not an issue with games using java. Was wondering if this is due to the computer age or my keyboard? Replacing the keyboard is easy enough, but no way am I giving up my PC because of pogo chat. If anyone knows your thoughts would be appreciated.

snap20

Austin, most likely it's because of flash. When running anything with flash, my PC bogs down on everything. There is a delay between mouse or keyboard input as well. Try and eliminate unused programs when on Pogo (close what you can). Anything that will take any of the processor's time will slow down a flash page.

AustinBennett

MsMissy

thanks for the info Yoming2, ill have to check out pogo to see how many years I have left, or go too DL's like Squid is going to do LOL  hi11.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview