This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Just an Update for those who care :)

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

I have not been able to do much the last 3 days...

.sorry bout your badges Sue.. sad.gif

I had 2 very badly infected teeth--swollen face and neck.  Had to have them pulled.  Now on the way to healing ( lots of oatmeal and bananas ) yuk.

My legs were so swollen from the accident they couldn't find any broken bones ( at that time )  However the right one was so badly hurt infection set in and it went from bad to worse.  Could not walk,  Used a walker as much as I could....just very painful......

Dr. ordered more x-rays this a.m and I have a fracture in that leg....so tomorrow I'm off to the Orthepedic surgeon to have a cast ( or something ) put on.  I am on high dosage of anti-biotics....but hopefully now the hurt will go away and things will be much better next week.   It's crap to be in this position....I really don't recommend it to anybody.

I will do badges, maybe just not as fast as before.

cheerleading.gif

Squid

Maybe you'll get a Bledsoe cast (removable), Yoming.  I hope so... it's makes life better.    GET WELL FAST!

Sue

MsMissy

OH wow, Yoming2,  I hope you get better soon, like Sue says . I can imagine the pain you are going though.  ill12.gif

Stinkerbell

disneyland lady

Geez....teeth and bones! And infection is so scary and painful. Please be EXTRA careful. Trying not to scare you but when I was in a boot from having severed my achilles, klutz on a normal day ended up falling using the crutches and broke 3 bones in my foot. So BE EXTRA CAREFUL.

Thanks for the update cuz I was wondering where and how you were.  embrace.gif

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on September 17, 2014, 04:16:51 PM
Maybe you'll get a Bledsoe cast (removable), Yoming.  I hope so... it's makes life better.    GET WELL FAST!

tumbsup.gif
Thanks, thanks, thanks Squiddy! I've been trying to explain this type of cast to my own doctor.
Betcha it's one we have to buy here in Canada!

Regardless, now at least I have a name to put to it so he can properly look into it.
Next break, it'll be available and if I have to buy it, I will. Maybe I can even Google it...?
Lotsa folks, especially those with Fibromyalgia, are in dire need of this type of cast with a broken bone.

Yoming 2

Quote from: Crazy~Man on September 17, 2014, 06:20:03 PM

Perfecto !!!!  tumbsup.gif     This is me for sure.   Thanx for the pics...it made my day just a wee bit better.....and I thank you.    cheesy.gif

MsMissy

Those pictures are so cute CM. & Yoming I hope you are doing much better , be careful & don't do too much.   hi11.gif   tumbsup.gif

snap20

Continue healing Yoming! in case I need help on some badges in the near future.  hysterical.gif  embrace.gif

Yoming 2

Quote from: Squid on September 17, 2014, 04:16:51 PM
Maybe you'll get a Bledsoe cast (removable), Yoming.  I hope so... it's makes life better.    GET WELL FAST!

Well went to orthopedic surgeon Thursday ..........took 2 Dr.s to put their head together and tell me what I already knew....yes, it hurts.... slap1.gif   no-no.gif

I have a hairline fracture in my right ankle bone....gonna take 3 months for it to heal..   Big concern is the infection in my leg.  And I got a boot to wear.  It's big enough for an elephants foot...very heavy and cumbersome,,,but it helps--I can now put it on and walk better with the walker.  And yes Squid it does open in the front....lots of velcro fasteners and a little air pump to inflate or deflate the pressure if needed. 

Again I am so weary of having to sit and not be able to do much of anything.  But this too will pass ( I'm hoping soon ).  So on with the big red pills,,,little white pills,,,, and lift the leg.    dancing16.gif

Life can sure be crappy sometimes...........   vomit.gif                               giggle2.gif

disneyland lady

I wore a boot for 18 months and can tell you it was way easier than the cast which needed wire coat hangers to get into for scratching (and just try to find a wire coat hanger now). Plus you can bathe easier than having to resort to wearing trash bags. This won't apply but it was in the late 90s/early 2000s when I was wearing mine and I had a 4½' CA King waterbed so I had to have a ramp installed to be able to get into it. I wrapped my leg while asleep and that velcro does not let go of anything and then tried to get out of the bed. My family found me upside down hanging from the boot and blankets. I am only 5' tall so I could touch the floor but could not find any way to escape. Thank God there were no cell phone cameras back then. 

And here is a photo of me back then .... AT Disneyland....it didn't slow me down at all because of that curve at the bottom of the boot is so good for building up speed while walking.....although I am much younger looking now.... and a lot thinner.... and taller!

Yoming 2

Quote from: disneyland lady on September 20, 2014, 03:27:40 AM
I wore a boot for 18 months and can tell you it was way easier than the cast which needed wire coat hangers to get into for scratching (and just try to find a wire coat hanger now). Plus you can bathe easier than having to resort to wearing trash bags. This won't apply but it was in the late 90s/early 2000s when I was wearing mine and I had a 4½' CA King waterbed so I had to have a ramp installed to be able to get into it. I wrapped my leg while asleep and that velcro does not let go of anything and then tried to get out of the bed. My family found me upside down hanging from the boot and blankets. I am only 5' tall so I could touch the floor but could not find any way to escape. Thank God there were no cell phone cameras back then.  

And here is a photo of me back then .... AT Disneyland....it didn't slow me down at all because of that curve at the bottom of the boot is so good for building up speed while walking.....although I am much younger looking now.... and a lot thinner.... and taller!

That's funny Dis..........pardon me for laughing, but it's funny.   hysterical.gif       Yahoo for velcro...   Thanx for giving me a laugh today.     beer11.gif 

snowflower

dancing16.gif  You gave me a much needed laugh too ... and do know the feeling ...

Been there, done that too so sure hope you feel better soon. Easy goes it Yoming.. embrace.gif

MsMissy

I hope you are doing alittle better each day Yoming2, but take it easy mf.   hi11.gif     embrace.gif

snap20

Quote from: Yoming 2 on September 20, 2014, 09:34:42 AM

That's funny Dis..........pardon me for laughing, but it's funny.   hysterical.gif       Yahoo for velcro...   Thanx for giving me a laugh today.     beer11.gif 

I 2nd this. lol. Good stuff.

essybee

bbq21.gif
Sorry to hear this news and hoping you will be 100 percent soon

snap20

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview