Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Mahjong Escape

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Yoming 2 on November 05, 2015, 09:19:10 AM
Anybody but me having trouble with the BW auto not getting the keys and locks in the Escape thingy.....It sticks and if I don't play by hand to uncover the lock it just sit there.............have missed getting 3 stars because of this.  Just wondering if it's the auto.   swear2.gif

Is it the updated auto? If not, then yes, I had trouble, too.  This seems to be happening more and more often, and I mentioned it to her once and "got told" that this is a helper auto. It's on her website - this auto will sometimes require human assistance. I find this is especially true when the auto hasn't been updated yet for the new level.

That said, even if it is an updated auto, it still often requires help. PlayBuddy does very well, but it's slow.

Squid

I agree with everything that Stinky said.  You can see on some levels that the lock is fairly well concealed by surrounding tiles and the auto misfires when trying to click it.  I stopped the auto, clicked it myself, resumed the auto and the level did get three stars.  There are some levels where the lock is not at all concealed and the auto still has trouble.  I have no explanation but repeated the same process and just moved along...

I'm done with Moscow, so I know it's possible to complete with all stars.  Good luck.

Joe C

Quote from: Squid on November 05, 2015, 09:42:34 AM
I agree with everything that Stinky said.  You can see on some levels that the lock is fairly well concealed by surrounding tiles and the auto misfires when trying to click it.  I stopped the auto, clicked it myself, resumed the auto and the level did get three stars.  There are some levels where the lock is not at all concealed and the auto still has trouble.  I have no explanation but repeated the same process and just moved along...

I'm done with Moscow, so I know it's possible to complete with all stars.  Good luck.
There are a couple of levels that even when I clicked the lock myself, the mouse/Pogo got confused and I had to choose another spot. For Moscow, this happened on levels 20 and 23.

I had to help on those levels but it is not a big deal. I have 2.5 stars on both accounts on both of those levels, but I will get it to work. In my opinion, the levels themselves are sticky from what I can see.

Also, I noticed a lot more three stars on my powerful computer than on the older laptop. This is purely speed/accuracy related, as the desktop "thinks" a lot faster and refreshes faster, too.

With a little playing by hand certain sections of a couple of levels per city (at most), I am 3 of 3 stars on all but these two Moscow levels and Early India 44, which is probably the wackiest puzzle of them all. For any other weekly, premium or mix challenges, there are good puzzles for any kind in Byzantine Empire. Moscow 5 is also a superfast "Time Machine Level"
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Squid

Quote from: Joe C on November 05, 2015, 01:14:57 PM
There are a couple of levels that even when I clicked the lock myself, the mouse/Pogo got confused and I had to choose another spot. 
I found this to be true, also.  It's almost as though there was an "overlap" because clicking accurately on some of those locks actually clicked on one of the surrounding tiles.  I learned exactly where to click to get the job done.  I'm not sure which levels those were but Joe is probably right.

For any other weekly, premium or mix challenges, there are good puzzles for any kind in Byzantine Empire. 
GOD BLESS BYZANTINE 16!!!  LOL 

Joe C

Quote from: Squid on November 05, 2015, 01:30:22 PM

Well, I have them listed in my spreadsheet, along with the best score/time I have achieved for each. The two Moscow ones will be best done when I have time to sit around.

The Early India 44? I probably will never get those to work.

If anyone needs assistance with a specific level, other that Early India 44, Moscow 20 or Moscow 23, send me a request in the help with badges/challenges. As always, I will NOT rank you out in any game, since this takes money away from the people that make the autos.

hi11.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

C~M

Montreal ~ January 1st

C~M

Rio de Janeiro ~ February 1st

Stinkerbell

raine56

Does anyone know if you use a power up during the game eg Shuffle, if it is still possible to get three stars?  It seems that every time I use one I don't get 3 stars or maybe I am just too slow helping the auto out lol.

Squid

I've never used a power up, Raine, sorry - I don't know.  I do know that if you hit "undo", fix the order of tiles chosen and get through the puzzle, you can still get 3 stars.  Just thought I'd give you what I had info-wise.    dancing16.gif

raine56

Thanks for that.  I still have a couple left and some times the timed game ends with just 2 tiles on top of each other so I could use one of the jokers. 

Yoming 2

Quote from: raine56 on February 01, 2016, 07:02:18 PM
Thanks for that.  I still have a couple left and some times the timed game ends with just 2 tiles on top of each other so I could use one of the jokers. 

I find it very annoying when there are only 2 tiles left and the auto decides not to 86 'em,,then has to start over.  Sometimes I can catch it and get rid of them,, but I don't babysit the game so I can't say how many times this happens.....just irritating.. swear2.gif

gran2x2

My BW auto keeps saying game is chopped in chrome but works fine in torch.   Wish BW would update for Rio soon....

Squid

Stinkerbell

Using PLAYBUDDY I completed the Rio puzzle with 3 stars on all levels. AND I didn't have to sit and watch, or move it ahead level by level.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on February 02, 2016, 12:00:55 PM
Using PLAYBUDDY I completed the Rio puzzle with 3 stars on all levels. AND I didn't have to sit and watch, or move it ahead level by level.
Congrats to you, Stinky!  I have all 60 levels done but 5 or 6 of the levels only have 2.5 stars.  I've been watching all day but no more progress has been made.  I'll keep trying.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on February 02, 2016, 12:16:25 PM
Congrats to you, Stinky!  I have all 60 levels done but 5 or 6 of the levels only have 2.5 stars.  I've been watching all day but no more progress has been made.  I'll keep trying.

Thanks! I'm really impressed with PLAYBUDDY so far, especially with ME. I don't understand what they do differently that makes it so their auto advances without the need of an update.

C~M

Quote from: Stinkerbell on February 02, 2016, 03:03:39 PM
Thanks! I'm really impressed with PLAYBUDDY so far, especially with ME. I don't understand what they do differently that makes it so their auto advances without the need of an update.

Silent Updates when you start them.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Crazy~Man on February 02, 2016, 03:26:00 PM
Silent Updates when you start them.

Do they update them that quickly though? I started running it yesterday as soon as I saw ME was available, and PB loaded right up without a visual updating.

C~M

Quote from: Stinkerbell on February 02, 2016, 05:03:04 PM
Do they update them that quickly though? I started running it yesterday as soon as I saw ME was available, and PB loaded right up without a visual updating.

I have noticed that 'other' auto makers always have to update whenever there is a 1-pixel change, but PB never needs to be. Just like their HOG and Crossword Cove autos auto update. The CC auto does have an update questions button in it, but never needs to be updated and works far better than BW ever has.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview