PlayBuddy
April 16, 2024, 01:12:19 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Sweet Tooth Town : Create 100 Sugar Swirls this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Correctly place 450 cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I installed AVG...

Started by Sue,

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue

I installed AVG... and now I can't update the autos I have.

I keep getting a message about my security settings.

Does anyone know what I need to change my AVG settings to so I can update my autos???

C~M

all I can say is that you need to allow all of the autos access to the internet. Tell AVG that they are safe, etc.
I have never used it, only Norton 360 for me.

disneyland lady

I have never liked AVG - it is a resource hog and constantly needed long updates. There are so many free ones out there that are just as good and not so consuming. My brother designed one of the top brands but I didn't like that one either. I would ask Mayhem what he suggests.

Yoming 2

Quote from: disneyland lady on November 14, 2014, 03:43:54 AM
I would ask Mayhem what he suggests.

I like this idea.....I too would like to know what Mayhem would suggest... cheesy.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: Sue on November 13, 2014, 06:29:45 PM
I installed AVG... and now I can't update the autos I have.

Does anyone know what I need to change my AVG settings to so I can update my autos???

Try this and let me know if it works for you :

(1) Open the AVG Control Panel by double-clicking the AVG icon in the system tray. Click the "Firewall" icon to display the Firewall screen. To ensure AVG doesn't block applications in the future without asking for permission, click the "Change" button in the Firewall Mode section, select the "Interactive mode" option and then click "Apply" and "OK." When this option is selected, AVG prompts you to allow or block new applications.

(2) Click the "Settings" button and then select the "Applications" tab. All applications installed on your computer are displayed in a list. The list can be quite long, so you have to scroll down until you find the program you wish to unblock.

(3) Click the "Block" icon next to the Auto name in the Action column and select "Allow" from the menu to unblock the program. Click "Apply" to apply the new settings and then click "OK" to close the window.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Sue

Thanks Mayhem for your hard work in finding me this info.

I only have a thirty day trial of AVG and it does not include the firewall.

So now I need to know how to delete all of AVG off my computer.

I have Windows 8.1

Mayhem

Quote from: Sue on November 14, 2014, 05:44:12 PM
Thanks Mayhem for your hard work in finding me this info.

I only have a thirty day trial of AVG and it does not include the firewall.

So now I need to know how to delete all of AVG off my computer.

I have Windows 8.1

You should be able to uninstall it by going to : Start Menu > Control Panel > Programs & Features

Then click on AVG and an uninstall button should appear.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Sue

OK Thanks Ken. I will do that this weekend. Hugs, Sue

REALITYwins

Hey Sue,

CHECK AGAIN ... Think the "30 Day Free Trial" DOES include the Firewall !

When the "Free Trial" expires you'll get a 'notification'.... your options include - "Buy the full product" OR "Down-grade to the FREE version" which DOESN'T include their 'Firewall' !

You MAY find their FREE version 'satisfies your needs' !!!

GL     hi11.gif

Sue

Ok I took AVG off my computer that I am running 8.1

Where do I go to find what is blocking my downloads???

Sue

Squid

snowflower

Quote from: Mayhem on November 14, 2014, 10:21:45 AM
Try this and let me know if it works for you :

(1) Open the AVG Control Panel by double-clicking the AVG icon in the system tray. Click the "Firewall" icon to display the Firewall screen. To ensure AVG doesn't block applications in the future without asking for permission, click the "Change" button in the Firewall Mode section, select the "Interactive mode" option and then click "Apply" and "OK." When this option is selected, AVG prompts you to allow or block new applications.

(2) Click the "Settings" button and then select the "Applications" tab. All applications installed on your computer are displayed in a list. The list can be quite long, so you have to scroll down until you find the program you wish to unblock.

(3) Click the "Block" icon next to the Auto name in the Action column and select "Allow" from the menu to unblock the program. Click "Apply" to apply the new settings and then click "OK" to close the window.

Nice job Mayhem! Do you know if this would work for Norton 360 (or some other way, maybe)?  dancing16.gif

C~M

embrace.gif
Quote from: snowflower on November 23, 2014, 09:50:07 AM
Nice job Mayhem! Do you know if this would work for Norton 360 (or some other way, maybe)?  dancing16.gif

Right Click The Auto And Choose Norton File Insight And When Norton Pops Up Click Trust Now

Also Do This:

Click on Norton 360 In Taskbar
Click Settings
Click Firewall
Click Program Rules
Find Program You Want
Change Access To Auto/Allow/Block/Custom (Your Choice ~ Most Likely Allow)
Click Apply At Bottom Of Window

Done.....

snowflower

blowkisses.gif
Well now. WOW!!
Thank you very much, CM! I'll let you know how I make out as soon as I try this.  dancing16.gif

snowflower

Quote from: snowflower on November 24, 2014, 01:45:09 PM
blowkisses.gif
Well now. WOW!!
Thank you very much, CM! I'll let you know how I make out as soon as I try this.  dancing16.gif

Thanks CM, had to go about it in a bit of a different way but I got it!! Maybe computer set up slightly differently.. who knows?
But it's all good. Thanks again!!

S1lent

Greetings,
Once I got rid of AVG...my computer problems went waaaaay down. Yes way down!.
Thanks
S1lent

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview