This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New Computer from Amazon

Started by Sue,

Previous topic - Next topic

snap20

Good tip DL. I don't use Win8 (or 8.1) but there are almost always ways around things like that with Windows. Someone usually figures out a hack for it that is quite easy (or one is actually built in) but most people think what it is is what it is. it's amazing what you can find with a basic Google search, as far as finding answers to many different kinds of computer questions.

S1lent

Greetings,
Is it true that MicroSoft will skip Windows 9 and go right to Windows 10?  Windows 8 was a GIANT step backwards for them

ON to the next topic,
S1lent

disneyland lady

Quote from: s1lent on December 09, 2014, 05:39:40 PM
Greetings,
Is it true that MicroSoft will skip Windows 9 and go right to Windows 10?  Windows 8 was a GIANT step backwards for them

ON to the next topic,
S1lent

When I did the updates to go from Win 8 to Win 8.1 it was 57 updates and took over 3 hours so in essence Win 8.1 really is Win 9. Because of my disabilities I was a beta user from Win 3.1 (back in 1992). But after 65 of us were so vocal while beta testing Vista, they decided they no longer "needed" beta testers and just released it as the worst Windows ever.

Sue

Well I got the NEW computer for the twins.

Just had a few problems...

There was no address bar or menu bar. I am not an idiot but it took me hours to figure out how to get them and make them stay. They make them auto-hide and you have to lock them in place.

When I got the NEW computer, I made sure I got Windows 8.1 so that there was no learning curve. Wrong!!!  Mine is a Lenovo and the NEW one is a Dell. Very different, in my opinion.

Mine has a 20" screen. The Dell has a 24" screen. So somewhere in my mind I was thinking that the print would be easier to see. Wrong!!! It may be bigger but when I go to POGO I have about 5" of dead space on the left and right.

OK that is my rant for the day. If I think of more, I will be back.

Sue

Oh and I have a questions for you.

Is there any way that I can get a toolbar for Google Chrome?

snap20

Quote from: Sue on December 15, 2014, 03:15:20 PM
Oh and I have a questions for you.

Is there any way that I can get a toolbar for Google Chrome?
Any particular one? You can install the Google Toolbar, of course. - https://support.google.com/toolbar/?hl=en#topic=3338424

Any other one probably is a case by case basis depending on which one. I don't use toolbars, so not really sure what's popular or used much.

Oh, and by the way, the wasted space on the sites when on Pogo is because Pogo (and most websites) are built for a specific maximum width. The main thing with a larger monitor is more "space" to work with. When my parents decided to get a new monitor, I forced them to get one no bigger than 17" (and square, not widescreen) because they only use it for the internet or playing simple card games (solitaire, etc) for precisely that reason.

You may want to look into increasing size of the text in Chrome and/or adjusting the DPI setting in your Display control panel area (not sure what it's called/where it is in Win8+).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview