This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Google Chrome No Longer Supports Java

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

white flag.gif     white flag.gif    white flag.gif    white flag.gif    white flag.gif   

This is an announcement by POGO today................more can be read about this on Pogo News.   

Important Update: Google Chrome No Longer Supports Java

As of 4/14/2015, the Google Chrome browser version 42.xx and above will no longer directly support the Java platform.

snap20

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/chrome-starts-pushing-java-off-the-web-by-disabling-plugins/

QuoteFor the time being, end users who really need to use these plugins will still be able to do so. The browser has a setting to re-enable the API, and administrators will be able to use Chrome's enterprise policies to enable it to do that. However, this is time limited: in September, Google plans to remove NPAPI support entirely. Chrome on Linux removed support in version 35, and its mobile browsers don't support it either.

You Pogo, kinda, has until September to get all the Java based games moved over to Flash...or people won't be able to use Chrome on pogo for those games.

disneyland lady

Quote from: snap20 on April 15, 2015, 02:30:12 PM
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/04/chrome-starts-pushing-java-off-the-web-by-disabling-plugins/

You Pogo, kinda, has until September to get all the Java based games moved over to Flash...or people won't be able to use Chrome on pogo for those games.

Pogo uses Java everywhere even on the pages before you click on the flash game so they in a heap of doo doo.

snowflower

popcorns

This was posted on another site I play on. Hope it helps.

Problems with java plugins
Having problems with java plugins in google chrome, please visit the link: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi and enable "NPAPI" at the top. Then close your browser google chrome and open it again.

snap20

Quote from: disneyland lady on April 15, 2015, 02:43:57 PM
Pogo uses Java everywhere even on the pages before you click on the flash game so they in a heap of doo doo.

You might be confusing java with javascript. They are two different things. javascript will still work just fine in Chrome. The Java you use to run a game is JRE (Java Runtime Environment) and that's what Chrome is eliminating.

S1lent

Greetings, Here is the quote from POGO News

Important Update: Google Chrome No Longer Supports Java
As of 4/14/2015, the Google Chrome browser version 42.xx and above will no longer directly support the Java platform.
A list of the games affected is available here, on the Pogo Forums. We highly recommend using another browser such as Internet Explorer 11 or the latest Firefox to continue enjoying these games.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie
Mozilla Firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new

Temporary Chrome Workaround:
A temporary workaround to use Java in the Chrome browser is to enable NPAPI. Note: This workaround will be removed by Chrome in September 2015 or earlier.

To enable NPAPI and Java in the Chrome browser, please do the following:

Open the Chrome Experiments page using the following link: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi (Paste this link into your Chrome browser)
Click "Enable" under NPAPI. If you see the word "Disable," then it is already enabled.
After enabling NPAPI, you must reboot your computer or click the "Relaunch Now" button at the bottom of the Chrome Experiments page or the changes will not take effect.
Reminder: This workaround will only be available in Chrome until September 2015 or earlier. We highly recommend using an alternative browser.

I r a cheat

The easier workaround is to uninstall all Java from your computer and reinstall the older Java 7 version. Worked for me.

gigi

If Pogo wants me as a member/customer, then Pogo will have to figure something out.  I for one am NOT jumping through hoops to play their games............. let's see how their numbers go down....... AGAIN

C~M

Quote from: I r a cheat on April 16, 2015, 04:55:11 AM
The easier workaround is to uninstall all Java from your computer and reinstall the older Java 7 version. Worked for me.

It might work for now, but if you have the latest version of Chrome and continue to update it, Java will stop working in it as Google is removing it completly from the browser. Installing out of date Java is asking for trouble.

C~M

It seems that Pogo doesn't care about Chrome users:

snap20

I think it's hilarious that Google just said screw it and eliminated support for JRE...and now Pogo is scrambling.

Squid

I don't like this.  I love Chrome but may just uninstall it and go with Foxfire.  Sheesh... I don't know.

gran2x2

I love my chrome too....Guess I will keep using it and if it fails for games just switch to FF for those games..

~buttercup~

Quote from: Crazy~Man on April 16, 2015, 11:32:12 AM
It might work for now, but if you have the latest version of Chrome and continue to update it, Java will stop working in it as Google is removing it completly from the browser. Installing out of date Java is asking for trouble.

just wondering how do you stop chrome from updating? it seems to update on it's own and was wondering how to stop it from updating? does anyone know how to do that?

S1lent

Greetings,
My task bar is full of browsers.  I go with the one that works. 
Top choice is:
Chrome
IE
FF
EDGE
followed by Safari (an I'm an Apple guy)

I tried Maxthron and Torch some luck but have dropped them

I'm hoping Microsoft gets Edge working.

S1lent

snap20

Quote from: ~buttercup~ on September 02, 2015, 07:28:51 PM
just wondering how do you stop chrome from updating? it seems to update on it's own and was wondering how to stop it from updating? does anyone know how to do that?

This shows you how to do it pretty easily - http://www.wintips.org/disable-google-chrome-automatic-update/

~buttercup~

Quote from: snap20 on September 03, 2015, 01:29:42 AM
This shows you how to do it pretty easily - http://www.wintips.org/disable-google-chrome-automatic-update/

thanks for the site. i just tried it but i don't seem to have the Google Update plugin so i guess i won't be able to do that. oh well. anyway thanks for the site very useful for other stuff when necessary.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview