Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Coming Soon ~ Single Player Bridge

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin20059

Just got this email from them

Thank you for your reply. Due to the holidays and our annual mass update, the programmer won't start Bridge Buddy until after the new year so expect it at some point this month.

raine56

I just went and tried to play bridge.  OMG!  I have no idea what is going on.  I can play pretty much every card game but have no idea with this.  I went 2 clubs???? and got 5 tricks but still lost the game.  Oh boy I need that auto lol.

Squid

I think this game is very similar to Spades.  The biggest difference is that the trump keeps changing.  Of course, there are other rules that need to be learned but it's a pretty good game, if you like card games.

Gavin20059

Quote from: raine56 on January 11, 2016, 08:13:20 PM
I just went and tried to play bridge.  OMG!  I have no idea what is going on.  I can play pretty much every card game but have no idea with this.  I went 2 clubs???? and got 5 tricks but still lost the game.  Oh boy I need that auto lol.

I think we all need an auto for this game LOL

S1lent

Greetings,
Don't know how to play Bridge.  I gave it a try...then read the instructions (heck I'm a guy...we don't read instructions)...well it is kinda fun.  Up to rank 8. Yes, I'll buy the auto

S1lent

Squid

I like the game.  It's like Spades but the bidding can get tricky.  I am told that the way you bid communicates your hand to your partner and there is a pattern that should be followed.  I haven't figured out the pattern yet.  I am rank 1.... wooo hoooo!

C~M

Bridgy has been updated. It now plays the old Bridge and the new Single Player Bridge.

Joe C

Quote from: Crazy~Man on January 14, 2016, 07:38:17 PM
Bridgy has been updated. It now plays the old Bridge and the new Single Player Bridge.
This is excellent. I do not think I bought it way back in the old days for that one old-fashioned Bridge challenge, since I double-browsed and won manually.

You know, back in the days where I would play Pogo myself!

tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Squid

Quote from: Crazy~Man on January 14, 2016, 07:38:17 PM
It doesn't play well.  I can't believe how it pits one player against his own partner.  It also throws good cards away.  I am not an expert in Bridge but it is making one mistake after another.  The good news?  I don't have to play and it will probably still make SOME progress.  Yes, I want to learn how to play Bridge better but I'm not interested in ranking out my account.  Go, auto!

Yoming 2

Quote from: Squid on January 15, 2016, 08:04:32 AM
  It doesn't play well.  I can't believe how it pits one player against his own partner.  It also throws good cards away.  I am not an expert in Bridge but it is making one mistake after another.  The good news?  I don't have to play and it will probably still make SOME progress.  Yes, I want to learn how to play Bridge better but I'm not interested in ranking out my account.  Go, auto!

I agree..............this is one that I will let run at night and hope for the best.   bubblegum.gif

C~M

Quote from: Squid on January 15, 2016, 08:04:32 AM

The auto was specifically written to do just the rank requirements for now (hands played).

Gavin20059

Squid

Crazy, is your auto stopping a lot?

Mine stops saying various things:

• Unable to save data.  Please try again
  • No Menu button
  • No cards
  • Not my turn

It really has to be watched and can't be run overnight.  Are you finding the same thing?

Yoming 2

Quote from: Squid on January 17, 2016, 05:23:05 AM
Crazy, is your auto stopping a lot?

Mine stops saying various things:

• Unable to save data.  Please try again
  • No Menu button
  • No cards
  • Not my turn

It really has to be watched and can't be run overnight.  Are you finding the same thing?

Same here............. cheesy.gif   

raine56

I came on here to see if anyone was having trouble with the BW auto.  All my dramas are listed.  It just stops playing constantly.  I wander past and click a card an a away it goes again.  Definitely have to babysit it.

S1lent

Greetings,
Don't have any kids here...but I spend a lot of time babysitting these autos.

Thanks...glad to see some others with the same frustration I see.

S1lent

Stinkerbell

With Bridge it's not always the auto's fault. I find that if I try to intervene (thinking the auto is messed up) the game isn't responding at all. That's a Pogo problem.

Stinkerbell

There's been an update to the BW auto. Hopefully it will address some of these issues.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview