This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Looking for some advice and help....

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

sad.gif              help.gif         help.gif                sad.gif

I am working up the courage to switch to Windows 10.   I have all my BadgeWinners autos in a folder...from way back years ago.  I read the info on BW site that says they all revert back to shareware and to use them just use the password I was given for each one.  Well.....whoopee-dooo.....I don't have any of the passwords..  they were deleted when I installed the auto. 

help.gif      white flag.gif      help.gif

How many problems did anyone have updating to 10....and how did you get around keeping your autos if you used BW .    I am asking for any and all advice from you fine folks before I send a little help message to BW.........I really don't want to buy all them stinking autos again.  And I use some of the older ones when I help other people that I haven't used myself in a long time...so I need all of them to be available. 

Please and thank you........ crying10.gif

Squid

I don't own ALL the autos, Yoming.  I ranked out in all of the games before I started using other autos.  I switched my new laptop (horrible) to Windows 10 and the switch went well but things got wiped out.  My suggestion is to try to save everything to a flash drive (thumb drive) in the hope of being able to transfer it back after you install Win 10.  I think your computer IP address stays the same and maybe you will do okay. 

In my case, I happened to save all the emails when I purchased the BW autos and the PWs are in the emails. 

Suggestion for the future?  Make a separate folder in your email for all your POGO, Pogocheats, Auto emails and keep them there for future reference.

I am sure some of the wiz kids on the forum may have more or better advice.  I hope I've helped.  xo

snap20

Quote from: Squid on January 17, 2016, 05:29:32 AM
I think your computer IP address stays the same and maybe you will do okay. 

I can't really help with anything else...but your computer IP address is determined by your internet service provider. I have dynamic DSL, so my IP changes constantly. It'll change on it's own sometimes and any time I either lose my internet connection or restart/reboot my modem.

Depending on your ISP, your IP may be static, in that it doesn't change unless there is a hard reset or you call the company...but that's relatively rare.

That's my long winded way of saying don't count on your IP staying the same. lol.

snowflower

slap1.gif If you don't want to fight with win 10 and autos by downloading it over a previous windows version ~ then my best advice is ~ DON'T. Read on......

I upgraded to win/10 over win/7 ... and I've had SO many issues .. now I REALLY wish I hadn't. They advised there'd be a nominal charge and you could go back to win/7 if you chose to. Humph .. my techie son and I have yet to find a way to do that without totally wiping out the computer and starting over from scratch. Now we discover if we do this, we'd have to BUY and install win 10 at full price.

Most of my problems were getting BW autos to work. While I was away my son read and tried just about everything he could think of. But when BW would work, they'd only 1/2 work. He did a LOT of babysitting while troubleshooting these issues.  After a long and ridiculous battle he uninstalled BW and tried out Play Buddy. They work well but only with Edge Browser and ONLY Flash games. They advise you to use IE 11 (which I tried) but with this win/10 download the Buddies won't work on IE 11, Chrome or Firefox - period (at least not on my computer). The only option I now have as far as autos go is to use Play Buddy on the Edge Browser and only in Flash games.  Other than that I had and still have other issues that remain unresolved (probably till the end of this computers life).

My good ole win/7 laptop is still running along without an issue. SO ask me if I'm going to upgrade my laptop to win/10!!!! And bye the way, my XP is still able to play pogo using Play Buddy WITHOUT issues. The REAL technicians tells us if we want to run win/10 to buy a computer with it already installed. The issues quadruple when upgrading over a previous windows version.  So I wonder about these new upgrades. If you're asking, I wouldn't advise it. The old stuff still works the best.

Yoming 2

Thanx from all of you..............I sent BW a message and they said the flash drive would solve nothing.  They have offered their help if I upgrade and make sure I am satisfied with everything else. 

I have done a lot of thinking and researching today and I have decided not to upgrade to Windows 10....I just think it could screw up everything...I am a " if it works leave it alone " type person...unless I know how to fix it....( and that usually involves a hammer )   hysterical.gif

I will wait until this computer goes berzonkers and have to buy another one then I will make decisions....if I live that long.   hysterical.gif

And I already have my autos in a folder and usually can figure out how to get them to work---I don't want to start over...this old lady is gonna stick with her old version 7 and keep on doing what I know how to do............( I stay out of trouble better that way )   giggle2.gif

Thanks again for your help... tumbsup.gif

Squid

I think Snowflower brings up some good points of caution.  I downloaded Win 10 over 8.1 and did not have any issues.  Maybe that's because those two OS are somewhat similar.  I have two Win 7 computers and think I may just leave well enough alone.  One of them is on life support now to keep it working anyway and isn't long for this world.

gran2x2

I am still with 8.1 and plan on staying there...I know 3 people in my family who tried the upgrade and they all ended up with their laptops in the shop due to major issues. I am one of them peep who has a special mail folder for auto stuff like passwords etc. BW was really good at sending me new PW when I got a new laptop..it was hassle free and they all came in 1 email listed from newest to oldeest. I have always loved the customer service with BW..

S1lent

Greetings,
I made the switch to Windows 10 on three PCs and one MacBook Pro running bootcamp.  The trip was not seamless...but all are working now.  I found it is imperative to keep a file with the BW passwords.  Since I have two computers running the autos,  I use Excel to help keep track of the Registration Codes and Passwords.

In November, Microsoft update Windows 10, so yes I had to put in all 118 and 107 Passwords for the second time.  Lots of Ctrl C and then Ctrl V to get time all re-entered. 

One of my computers is New (back in September) so I had to request new Passwords.   BadgeWinners was very helpful.

All for now and good luck.

S1lent

sunnyb

snowflower

Quote from: snowflower on January 17, 2016, 06:42:43 PM
slap1.gif If you don't want to fight with win 10 and autos by downloading it over a previous windows version ~ then my best advice is ~ DON'T. Read on......

I upgraded to win/10 over win/7 ... and I've had SO many issues .. now I REALLY wish I hadn't. They advised there'd be a nominal charge and you could go back to win/7 if you chose to. Humph .. my techie son and I have yet to find a way to do that without totally wiping out the computer and starting over from scratch. Now we discover if we do this, we'd have to BUY and install win 10 at full price.

Most of my problems were getting BW autos to work. While I was away my son read and tried just about everything he could think of. But when BW would work, they'd only 1/2 work. He did a LOT of babysitting while troubleshooting these issues.  After a long and ridiculous battle he uninstalled BW and tried out Play Buddy. They work well but only with Edge Browser and ONLY Flash games. They advise you to use IE 11 (which I tried) but with this win/10 download the Buddies won't work on IE 11, Chrome or Firefox - period (at least not on my computer). The only option I now have as far as autos go is to use Play Buddy on the Edge Browser and only in Flash games.  Other than that I had and still have other issues that remain unresolved (probably till the end of this computers life).

My good ole win/7 laptop is still running along without an issue. SO ask me if I'm going to upgrade my laptop to win/10!!!! And bye the way, my XP is still able to play pogo using Play Buddy WITHOUT issues. The REAL technicians tells us if we want to run win/10 to buy a computer with it already installed. The issues quadruple when upgrading over a previous windows version.  So I wonder about these new upgrades. If you're asking, I wouldn't advise it. The old stuff still works the best.

So now I'm back out in the office, which we'd closed down for the winter and using my desktop again.
I hope I'm referring on the right thread as Mayhem had some suggestions on this 'autos only work in Edge Browser' issue.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview