PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 09:07:59 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Wishing Stinkerbell a quick recovery!

Started by Squid,

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

disneyland lady

Stinkerbell

Just an update -  physical therapy is going well, though it does cause significant pain sometimes. No pain, no gain, right? The incision has healed amazingly well. There were no problems, no irritation, no seepage, no infection... it's a nice, clean scar.

Thanks for your continued well wishes!!

embrace.gif

Squid

Stinkerbell

Annnnnnd, another update: Today I was officially discharged from in-home PT. The head PT Doctor dude said I've made "great" progress and that my therapist had given him nothing but awesome reports. A week or 2 ago my knee extension was at -10 after warming up exercises, but now after very little warm-up I'm at -8. So I'm just that much closer to 100%! I'll be starting out-patient PT next week. Pool, bikes, all kinds a great torture machines!  undecided.gif

Squid

You'll be running circles around us in no time!  You can be proud of all your hard work.  Keep it up!

snowflower

cheesy.gif Congrats, had friends go through the same ... but worth it in the end!!

Stinkerbell

I don't usually ask for prayers and positive thoughts sent my way, but I am now. Tomorrow, Wednesday, I'll be going to outpatient Physical Therapy. Due to red-tape and greedy companies, it'll be 3 weeks that I've been without PT, PT which is critical to my recovery. I had made great progress during the 4 week in-home PT, and I'm asking that you'll send up prayers that I haven't regressed during these 3 weeks without PT. I've kept practicing walking - something I hadn't been able to do normally for about 12 years - and I've also been using one of those PT pedaling things to help keep the muscles stretched. It's not like I've been doing nothing, but it's not the same as actually having trained therapists helping. So yeah, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers these next few days.

embrace.gif

disneyland lady

You are always in them ...Got your back (tried to get your bionics but you are too fast!)

angel19.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on May 03, 2016, 04:47:02 PM
You are always in them ...Got your back (tried to get your bionics but you are too fast!)

angel19.gif

Thank you, sweets!  embrace.gif

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 03, 2016, 04:36:32 PM
I don't usually ask for prayers and positive thoughts sent my way, but I am now.  embrace.gif

Stinky, you're the best.  You're the stinkiest, too.  I will always and forever wish all good things for you.  I know that, before long, you will be dancing the can-can with those high kicks.  You're motivated, you're disciplined and you're able.  I KNOW YOU WILL DO GREAT.  I think you're a terrific patient, even if the system (PT snafu) has some failures.  You go, girl!  WORK IT!

MsMissy

Hers hoping Stinkerbell will get better soon.My prayers go out to you, in hopes we will angel19.gif angel19.gif see you getting better & running around.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview