This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Prince Dead at 57

Started by C~M,

Previous topic - Next topic

C~M

The Carver County Sheriff Office tells TMZ they are now investigating the circumstances of Prince's death. At this time, there are no signs of foul play.

The artist known as Prince has died ... TMZ has learned. He was 57.
Prince's body was discovered at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota early Thursday morning.
Multiple sources connected to the singer confirmed he had passed. We've obtained the emergency dispatch call for a "male down, not breathing."

EMERGENCY DISPATCH AUDIO
The singer -- full name Prince Rogers Nelson -- had a medical emergency on April 15th that forced his private jet to make an emergency landing in Illinois. But he appeared at a concert the next day to assure his fans he was okay. His people told TMZ he was battling the flu.
At the show, Prince prophetically told the crowd, "Wait a few days before you waste any prayers."
Prior to his most recent appearance however, Prince had cancelled two shows due to health concerns.
Prince became an international superstar in 1982 after his breakthrough album "1999."

He went on to churn out a ton of hits -- and racking up 7 Grammys in the process. He also performed at the Super Bowl in 2007 ... in one of the greatest live performances of all time.
He also sold more than 100 million records during his career ... and won the Academy Award for Best Original Song Score for Purple Rain in 1985.

Prince was married two times -- the first time to his backup dancer Mayte Garcia. They split in 2000. He then married Manuela Testolini ... but they split in 2006. 
He was inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame in 2004, and performed a legendary version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" to close the ceremony.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/#ixzz46UKKZ3wI

Squid

I was never a big Prince fan but I'm sorry for his fans, friends, family.  It's far too young to die...   

RIP

snap20

I'm a fan of his...he'll be missed. Great songwriter. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

disneyland lady

I worked 32 years for Warner Music and while I had other fav genres I admired him for many reasons and I got to do studio work with him until he got his own female percussionist to sign on - Sheila E. And I was there when Warner robbed him of his name and he got constant flack for feeling like a slave that was robbed of his birth name to be used by Warner just for the revenue. I could not imagine not being able to do anything under your own name unless you got permission. I thought him an idiot for becoming The Artist Formerly....but it really was genius because Warner paid a bundle for that odd symbol! But the first thing I thought of when I heard he died was a girl named Heather Day who was known as Princess on Dance Party USA - a Dick Clark type show that Heather dressed daily as Prince was on (along with a young Kelly Ripa).

snap20

Wow, interesting background DL! That's pretty cool you got to work with him.

Squid

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview