March 28, 2024, 09:46:34 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Member Rank Names

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following member ranks do you prefer?

Gems
Metals
Pogo Characters
Military Ranks
Stars
Thermometer
Leave Current System
Other

Mayhem

I'm considering changing the member ranking system on this forum (rank 1 cheater, rank 2 cheater, etc). The level you attain is dependent on the number of your posts.

I have a few suggestions and would like to know how you guys feel about them. After reading through the suggestions, please vote in the poll (one of the options is "OTHER"). Other possibilities might include something with playing cards, world geography, animals or anything.

Feel free to make suggestions or comment on the list of systems presented!

Idea #1: Gems (with or without gems icons)

10 = Diamond
9 = Emerald
8 = Ruby
7 = Sapphire
6 = Topaz
5 = Amethyst
4 = Garnet
3 = Peridot
2 = Opal
1 = Turquoise

Idea # 2: Metals (with or without metal icons)

10 = Platinum
9 = Gold
8 = Silver
7 = Bronze
6 = Brass
5 = Copper
4 = Steel
3 = Iron
2 = Tin
1 = Lead

Idea #3: Pogo characters (possible copyright issues?)

10 = Free Cell King/Queen
9 = Word Whomp Gopher
8 = Spike the cactus
7 = Tumble Bee or Honey Bear
6 = Hog Heaven hog
5 = etc.

Idea #4: Military ranks (maybe stripes or stars by your name)

10 = Commander In Chief/Prime Minister
9 = General
8 = Colonel
7 = Lt. Colonel
6 = Major
5 = Captain
4 = Lieutenant
3 = Sargent
2 = Corporal
1 = Private

Idea #5: Star system (1-5 stars)

Idea #6: Thermometer picture (the "temp" in your thermometer would rise with your increasing rank).
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Love this idea, Mayhem!  Maybe I'm too much of a girl but I like the gem system.  Icons would be colorful, too.  If I come up with anything else, I'll post it.

I voted for gems but I like the Pogo character idea, too, if you can avoid copyright issues. 

cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif cheerleading.gif

Yoming 2

I think I prefer the gems................. cheesy.gif           Metals would be o.k  too  tumbsup.gif

Stinkerbell

Gems, especially if they can be used to purchase pogo items! Haha!

disneyland lady

With my anger issues I was sort of hoping for:
Field artillery

• Field guns
    Field guns (Self-propelled)
    Howitzers
    Howitzers (Self-propelled)
    Infantry guns
    Infantry guns (Self-propelled)
    Mountain artillery
    Muzzle-loading guns
    Siege artillery

But I like Military.

MsMissy

C~M

Being a Pogo Forum, it would make sense to have Pogo characters, or we could have Star Trek Insignia.

Squid

ONLY 11 VOTES SO FAR?  C'mon, folks, we have thousands of members.... here's your chance to voice your opinion on a possible forum change!

PLEASE VOTE!

TYVM

Mayhem

To start off, I just wanted to apologize for taking so long in getting this done. The last few days I have been working on the new ranks / colors. I can see some of the colors have not translated too well to the "users online" list at the bottom of the main forum page. I am working to get that fixed.

With that said, here is the new post ranking system and the requirements :

(Click for a larger image)

If you have any questions, comments or concerns - please let me know!

C~M

Like them, but why only up to 6,000 posts as some have lots more, lol (Nothing to work towards)

Mayhem

Quote from: Crazy~Man on October 30, 2016, 06:09:12 PM
Like them, but why only up to 6,000 posts as some have lots more, lol (Nothing to work towards)

Yes, I was thinking about that as well when creating these.

I was thinking of possibly adding a 10k post rank. However, not sure what gem to use (or go a different path) or what to call the rank yet. I'm all open to suggestions.

Stinkerbell

Squid

I love the rank system... love the colors.  Maybe the numbers could be tweaked for the ranks but the lower number does get more people engaged at higher rank levels, perhaps encouraging more posting by people who normally wouldn't post that much. 

Mayhem

What do you guys think about these rank adjustments? I could always add more ranks in the future.

1.      25
2.      300
3.      650
4.    1000
5.    1500
6.    2100
7.    2900
8.    4000
9.    6500
10. 10000

Yoming 2

If you change the amount of posts does this mean I get my blue sapphires taken away????   ...... crying10.gif    crying10.gif    girls18.gif                                                                                      giggle2.gif

Squid

Quote from: Yoming 2 on October 31, 2016, 12:00:16 PM
If you change the amount of posts does this mean I get my blue emeralds taken away????   ...... crying10.gif    crying10.gif    girls18.gif                                                                                      giggle2.gif
hehehe Your blue sapphires would become lovely purple amethysts, I believe... but you would have something to work toward!

Squid

I'm thinking if someone has over 20,000 posts, they should get the Ultra Uber Diamond rank.  Yeah, that sounds really good!

snap20

You can always make Diamonds the 10k, then do variations of diamonds for 10k+. Think, canary diamonds, chocolate diamonds, pink diamonds, etc. The jewelry companies come up with all these names for worthless diamonds to sell to people, so might as well take their lead. ;)

mycatownsme

Gee, I thought I voted yesterday but don't see it.
It's still Halloween so maybe that's why?  blackcat2.gif blackcat2.gif frankie.gif devil1.gif

Yoming 2

Quote from: snap20 on October 31, 2016, 07:04:09 PM
You can always make Diamonds the 10k, then do variations of diamonds for 10k+. Think, canary diamonds, chocolate diamonds, pink diamonds, etc. The jewelry companies come up with all these names for worthless diamonds to sell to people, so might as well take their lead. ;)

Or you could switch to nuts....walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, chestnuts,coconuts, pinenuts..... giggle2.gif     hysterical.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview