Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

DNS Unlocker

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Greetings,
While play Wednesday's Challenges, I picked up "DSNUnlocker" and what a mess. I was running an auto from another site but I don't thing the problem was there.  I did download another web browser called "Maxthron"...so might have gotten it there.
It affected Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Torch but not Opera. 
I think I'm all back good and luckly didn't have to reinstall Windows 10.  I would have had to wait another 6 months to get my auto's registered again.

All for now
Ken #2 aka S1lent

snowflower

Squid

LittleFawn

disneyland lady

I quit Win 10 after 10 days because it was so hard on my painful hands - 5 clicks to get to where 1 click would get. Losing the charms also made things suck for disabilities. But one thing that was a deal killer was that Microsoft made it almost impossible to get to Restore Wizard and take your computer back to BEFORE a virus changed your settings. Their answer to this on the MS boards was that their Defender was that good! Well, looking online shows DSNUnlocker cruises right past Defender! Glad you were able to recover.

snowflower

Disney, I'm so sorry you're having these problems. I had a hard time at first too (but my disabilities aren't as chronic as yours, at least not yet). I have rheumatoid arthritis and some other stuff going on so I can at least partially identify with you. I really hope you can find a way around this. I don't know if the following will be of any help to you, if not .. maybe to someone else.

I'm back on win/10 with both laptop and desktop ... they're working very well since "I crossed the line." (ahem).  My Buddies are working great since I got rid of Webroot, which apparently was my entire problem. When I was able to get it out of both systems (don't even have a clue how it got in so I must've somehow allowed it). It's been approx. 3-4 months since I got straightened away and so far no issues. (ahem again).

I didn't fully trust win/10 antivirus to keep me safe so I did keep Norton 360 and run it faithfully every day. Most other antivirus's stop the autos from playing but Norton checks them out as 'safe' then allows them.

So far, I find win/10 faster and more user friendly ~ once I got used to the differences. For example: I type in the Search Box what I want  to do and it leads the way - such as .. "uninstall." It comes up at the top of the Search Box, I click on it and it takes me right there and etc. The system is displayed at the top and web links under them. Anyway, here's hoping it all works out for you in the end ~ in the meantime win/7 still works pretty good. Wishing you much GL Disney.

Squid

I'm going to send my system to Snowy when my moment comes to D/L Win10.  I'll let her work all the kinks out.  Good job, Snowy!

snowflower

Quote from: Squid on June 24, 2016, 10:07:05 AM
I'm going to send my system to Snowy when my moment comes to D/L Win10.  I'll let her work all the kinks out.  Good job, Snowy!

hysterical.gif  hysterical.gif   LOL  help.gif

S1lent

Greetings, 
Be Careful
Here is a pic where the file went and the address in "REGEDIT"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E1527582-8509-4011-B922-29E3FB548882}_is1

Mayhem

Quote from: snowflower on June 24, 2016, 09:53:09 AM
So far, I find win/10 faster and more user friendly ~ once I got used to the differences.

Win 10 is quite a bit faster - I really noticed the difference yesterday when I was on my last Windows 7 machines backing up anything important (in prep for the Win 10 install).
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

I might install the win10 on my 8.1 puter this weekend.  My two win7's are staying as is.  One is on life support and the other is a work puter that I can't afford to risk.  Nice to hear that 10 is faster, tho.

Mayhem

I have never even looked at Win 8.x before (jumped from 7 to 10), but from what I have read, there should be some familiarity and a smooth transition for you.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Squid

Thanks!  I need all the encouragement I can get.  I don't like this change.  Hmphhhhhhhhh!

S1lent

Greetings CM and others,
Here is the new Pop-Up (not DNSUnlocker) that showed up between 2 AM and 8 AM today.  I was running Torch playing Trizzle using the auto from BW.
I restored my computer to 26 Jun 16 and all looks good again.
Is this similar to what you've seen.

S1lent

C~M

I haven't got anything like that. Like I said to you in PM, the problem I had in Torch was when I clicked on anything, even a blank spot in the browser window, a new tab would open to a malicious site and Malwarebytes would block the site from loading. It would happen in spurts, sometimes what I wanted to click worked and other times I had to click it 5+ times before what I wanted to click worked because whatever it was was opening sites.

What seemed to work so far for my problem was to uninstall everything Torch and reinstall.

disneyland lady

I would have said "My PC is fine but my car is really dirty and would appreciate some help"

Never had a problem with Torch although Pogo loves to tell me that my "Chrome" needs to update.

S1lent

Greetings CM and others.
Yes, that is what is happening to my torch. Reinstalling torch only lasts about a day.  So I restored system back to June 23, And removed Torch Completely.  Luckily, other computer is fine.

Keep us posted if you have additional thoughts.

S1lent (screaming)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview