PlayBuddy
April 19, 2024, 08:03:17 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Recent Posts

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

I've added a new "Recent Posts" menu item that will display the latest 100 posts. It's just another way to keep up to date - especially if you have been away for awhile.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

snap20

Squid

MsMissy

Sounds like a great idea, as I sometimes am not on puter everyday.  tumbsup.gif  coffee.gif

Squid

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on July 08, 2016, 06:52:41 AM
Did you remove it, Mayhem?

It's at the top of the page under profile picture.

Mayhem

No, I did not remove it - not sure why it's not showing for you.

Did the link go missing for you this morning?

Squid

I happened to notice it only because I was reading Missy's post.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have seen it.  I don't know how long it's been MIA

disneyland lady

Mayhem

Ok, I found the problem! It was right here between my chair and the keyboard.

It should be working for you now.

Squid

OMG, there's a settings monster over at Mayhem's between the chair and keyboard!  Run, Mayhem!

All is right in my "Recent Posts" world now, thanks, Snookie Doodle!

disneyland lady

Yoming 2

Squid

snap20

haha, whenever my mom calls me up and says something to the effect of "I can't get the computer to do (xy or z)", I generally respond with "It's probably just user error". The first few times it took a few moments for her to catch on, now she just ignores it and keeps going with what is wrong.

Squid

Quote from: snap20 on July 09, 2016, 09:52:08 PM
haha, whenever my mom calls me up and says something to the effect of "I can't get the computer to do (xy or z)", I generally respond with "It's probably just user error". The first few times it took a few moments for her to catch on, now she just ignores it and keeps going with what is wrong.
giggle2.gif giggle2.gif giggle2.gif

Be good to your mother, Snappy.   giggle2.gif blowkisses.gif

disneyland lady

Semi-off topic. When I transferred from Warner Music to Warner Cable to be close when my grandson was born we used our radios to communicate to dispatch. Along with the regular 10 codes (10-4= message received) we had codes for completion of a tech call. My favorite was ESO which gave this cable lady truck driver great satisfaction. Used when we went to the house because their cable had no sound and they were not able to understand the Customer Rep explanation and could not just press the MUTE button again to unmute the remote. ESO - Equipment Smarter than Operator.  Called in an ESO on Steve Garvey with his house filled with football, baseball, basketball stars and even Tiger Woods - none of which thought to press the mute button a second time while attending a Wrestlemania Viewing party!

Squid

OMG, is it true what they say about jocks?!?

snap20

hahahahah. Yeah, I hate when I'd have to call tech support at my old job. "Did you check to see if the cable is plugged in?" "Did you reboot first?". Ugh. Sad thing is, how often that works because someone hadn't thought of that. Now whenever I have to call anyone tech related the first thing out of my mouth is "I'm an advanced user, so I've tried all the common troubleshooting like rebooting, powering off, then on, etc".

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview