This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Jet Set Solitaire : Win 40 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Jewel Academy : Remove 75 Vertical Arrows this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Tournaments

Started by disneyland lady,

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyland lady

I must be missing something here. Pogo expends energy towards these Tourneys - constantly dropping messages in chat and headlining it on different pages but does it actually make any revenue? It is a waste of resources otherwise. Dangle a new badge in front of me and my gems will buy it but a ribbon of any color? Not buying and confused why a company needing revenue would waste time, energy or page space. Any clues why?
magnifier.gif

Squid

Trying to appeal to the Pogo public?  Giving them something just for the enjoyment?  A happier pogo customer is more apt to buy gems and other products?  Playing in the tournaments compels people to want to simultaneously win badges, some of which do cost gems/money? 

I took part in the beta for tournaments and haven't been back since.  I don't enjoy it and you have to play constantly to win, place or show.

snowflower

PissedOffPumpkin

I just wish they'd quit posting in the chat. I get so sick of their announcements. We can mute players who annoy us, but we can't mute Pogo?  slap1.gif

AustinBennett

Some are drawn by the competitive nature. I haven't even looked, but if any of the tourney games require gems to post a better score, it makes perfect sense. As for the waste in chat, I just as well see them stop posting all the rewards winners. Who are these people and who cares?

PissedOffPumpkin

Exactly, Austin! Only time I ever "hear" my husband swear is when he's out of the country and we're playing a game for our *cough* quality time, and our conversation is interrupted by "so-and-so just won ..." whatever. Mighty big naughties get typed.  giggle2.gif

Squid

Stinkerbell

Quote from: PissedOffPumpkin on August 08, 2016, 12:46:13 AM
We can mute players who annoy us, but we can't mute Pogo?  slap1.gif

Mute Pogo Power Up = 66 gems

Squid

S1lent

Greetings,
My two "dummy" accounts are still banned.  But, my two main accounts were reinstated...HUM, seems like POGO is just after my money via Gem sales.

BTW...I was banned from Yahoo Games...it saved me lots of Dollars.  Yahoo Games, in my opinion, is no longer an option.

S1lent, short for "silentscream"

Squid

I don't think I've ever played a Yahoo game.  How does one get banned from Y. games?

S1lent

Greetings,
The Yahoo Administrator screen name is/was "ygamesadmin" and he had a little police uniform on his picture.  He would show up and could tell if I was using a program.  Unfortunately, when they banned an account...no money would flow in.  It cost $60 a year.  If you won a tournament, you got an internet trophy...yea.  When my account got banned I had about 500 trophies.  I think he retired or got fired so he never showed up the last few years...I then ran my trophy total over 25,000...yup.

Now that I think of it, after my account got banned I started POGO. 15 July 2005.

It all started when I just wanted to play online checkers.  Then I found out people cheated at checkers to win worthless internet trophies that weren't worth anything.
Hmm
S1lent

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview