PlayBuddy
April 23, 2024, 02:54:16 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I need help really bad..............please

Started by Yoming 2,

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoming 2

help.gif      white flag.gif      help.gif

Here is the problem.
I done a refresh on FF because it was supposed to fix problems.

But it takes away everything and puts it in a folder on the desktop ( Old Firefox data )

I tried and tried to follow instruction from 2 tutorials to get everything back but I can't make it.  Restore does not help in this situation/

step by step on youtube.com ( how to undo a FF refresh )

fixedbyvonnie.com is the other one.

Could somebody go in and try to fix this mess for me.............????? swear2.gif

I would appreciate someone trying to give me some help....I will send you whatever info you need--

I can't find my bookmarks on Chrome unless I make an account with google................would that be a wise choice?   All the bookmarks I had on FF are not on Chrome.   swear2.gif

snap20

I wouldn't try to undo it, I'd try and transfer things to the new profile folder. Have you tried that?

Example: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recovering-important-data-from-an-old-profile?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Recovering+important+data+from+an+old+profile#w_copying-files-between-profile-folders

And the next section after the one I linked to. Here's a bit more info too: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Firefox

What are you missing that you want? What does Chrome have to do with anything? Are you just trying to use Chrome instead of FF and want to transfer your bookmarks to Chrome?

snap20

Here's info for finding bookmark backups: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Backing_up_and_restoring_bookmarks_-_Firefox

Transferring them to Chrome is a completely different thing though...

Squid

I wish I were a wiz kid for ya, Yoming.  I don't have a clue how to help you.  I'm sure someone will chime in.  Good luck!

snowflower

dancing16.gif
I have a similar problem. Waiting with bated breath for an answer ~ so super good luck with this Yoming!  cheerleading.gif

Yoming 2

Well thanks for all the comebacks...............The problem has been resolved.

My grandson didn't have to work tonight so his mom sent him over and he had it fixed in about 10 minutes...everything back where it should be.   He is a big time computer user and knows more than the average bear about the things.   He is 18 and  can do all that stuff that would take me 2 months to figure.  He even put a program on my computer that if I have any problems just open the file and he can fix the problem from his home.   

DONOT refresh FF............it's a headache.    whistle.gif

Stinkerbell

By refresh, do you mean update?  I had to remove FF months ago because it crashed all the time. Pain in the patoot!

C~M

refresh removes everything from the browser, just like if you just installed it,

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview