PlayBuddy
April 17, 2024, 07:25:13 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Garden Blast : Use 120 rockets or rocket power-up combos this week! [Download Cheat]
World Class Solitaire HD : Place 200 cards into the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Did anyone else get the new home page when coming here?

Started by mycatownsme,

Previous topic - Next topic

mycatownsme

I came to see the latest news and was surprised to see a very new and nice home page.  tumbsup.gif

It is very nice and looks like a lot of work went into doing this.  hi11.gif

Great Job!  cheesy.gif

Squid

I LOVE IT!  Great job, Mayhem. 

*** Oh, my, that's quite an advertisement!

Mayhem

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!  tumbsup.gif

I built the new website myself from scratch. We were long overdue for an update. Most importantly, we are now fully mobile friendly.

Also, there's a new notification bar at the top of the screen on all non forum pages that will alert you of any new unread private messages (only works if your logged in the forums).
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

I know you've been worried sick about what I think of the updated site, so I'll tell you now.... I don't do well with change, but this is nice! And easy to maneuver!  You have my approval!   embrace.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 06, 2017, 03:15:13 PM
I know you've been worried sick about what I think of the updated site, so I'll tell you now.... I don't do well with change, but this is nice! And easy to maneuver!  You have my approval!   embrace.gif

embrace.gif

mycatownsme

I also wanted to add how much I appreciate the ad blocker download.

There is another I like to visit but it would get pop up ad after pop up ad.

I was annoyed with this and getting to the point of not going there anymore.

But problem is fixed now and lots nicer.

A concern I have is if it will block the pop up windows in Pogo when we win a badge etc?
And is this a trial version with payment after using for a certain amount of time or free?

Thank you for letting us know of this nice download.  tumbsup.gif

C~M

Quote from: mycatownsme on January 06, 2017, 08:27:55 PM
A concern I have is if it will block the pop up windows in Pogo when we win a badge etc?
And is this a trial version with payment after using for a certain amount of time or free?

Where is this located? I have a lifetime license for Adguard which blocks ads, not popups. It is also configurable so I can tell it extra stuff to block or allow.

Mayhem

Quote from: mycatownsme on January 06, 2017, 08:27:55 PM

Are your referring to VP Minimizer in the downloads section?

gigi

since I'm far from the frequent flyer group, I am gingerly putting in this comment.  Mostly because I'm bad at navigating, but maybe it's just not there.  I don't see "welcome Gigi", so I'm never sure if I'm actually logged in until I try to reply to something.  Other than that, I don't see any differences, or didn't get the new home page.  Be patient with me, I'm old..... really really old LOL

Squid

PissedOffPumpkin

Quote from: gigi on January 07, 2017, 07:31:28 AM
  Be patient with me, I'm old..... really really old LOL

Pttthhh. My Mother had an in-home daycare for children for 34 years. Unless you were born sometime after 1960 I probably changed your nappies at one time or another.  tongue.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gigi on January 07, 2017, 07:31:28 AM
I don't see "welcome Gigi", so I'm never sure if I'm actually logged in until I try to reply to something. 

I also miss the Welcome, Stinkerbell for the same reason. I'm not sure if I'm logged in or not. It looks like a generic page.

gigi

Oh. Duh. I've never seen that page lol so I couldn't tell you if it's different, my icon bar is set for forums.  Maybe some day when I don't need a nap I'll take a better look around hahahaha.
At any rate, I take my hat off to you Mayhem, for your dedication to this site.  I used to moderate one of the forums on Game Boomers years ago and I know just being available to come up with a bit of wit and answer crazy questions and delete/block the crazies was very time consuming, I lived there!  But I loved it while it lasted.  So, to handle a complete web site is incredibly amazing.  I remember people going bonkers when the colors got changed hahahaha.  If you get half the people to like what you did it's a WIN WIN in my book!!!

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 07, 2017, 08:30:14 AM
I also miss the Welcome, Stinkerbell for the same reason. I'm not sure if I'm logged in or not. It looks like a generic page.

Where did the "Welcome, Stinkerbell" show up for you on the old site?

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on January 07, 2017, 12:52:43 PM
Where did the "Welcome, Stinkerbell" show up for you on the old site?

Hello Stinkerbell shows up on the Forum itself.  If I open the main page first, which is what is happening now, I don't see it. I always went to the forum page directly from my link.

Squid

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on January 07, 2017, 02:28:37 PM
Hello Stinkerbell shows up on the Forum itself.  If I open the main page first, which is what is happening now, I don't see it. I always went to the forum page directly from my link.

As of right now, you will only see the new notification bar (on non-forum pages) when you have new/unread private messages.

However, this can be changed so it shows all the time. I just have it set this way so it stands out more if you have new messages.

snowflower

dancing16.gif  How strange, mine is the same as it always was .. is there something I'm supposed to do to bring this new look in?

Mayhem

That's weird .. you should automatically see the new pages. What web browser are you using?

Also, do you see the new page if you hit the refresh button?

snowflower

Quote from: Mayhem on January 08, 2017, 12:25:29 PM
That's weird .. you should automatically see the new pages. What web browser are you using?

Also, do you see the new page if you hit the refresh button?

Using the Edge browser (only one the Buddies will work on). And no, refresh doesn't change anything. When I come on site, is what you're showing supposed to be what I see? Or will I only see those new features somewhere else on the site?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview