This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Server Move on January 26th (9PM PST)

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

This dedicated server (that powers the PogoCheats website) is being physically moved to a brand new datacenter this Thursday, January 26th around 9PM PST (12AM EST).

The website will be down for no longer than 1 hour, as the new location is less than 3 miles away.

Nothing will change, except our server will be connected to much newer technology and a 10x faster data line.

If there are any issues with the migration, please visit the PC Twitter page for updates : https://twitter.com/pogo_cheats
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

C~M

NOT AGAIN!!! You trying to cause me MORE problems???   lmao

Mayhem

Squid

MsMissy

Oh this is good to know. So pogocheats will not be availble for an hour.   tumbsup.gif

Mayhem

Yes, this is happening tonight starting at 9PM PST (12AM EST)

Squid

Eeeek!   Cutting the cord for an hour.... I'm already feeling a little jumpy.   panic button.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: ~Squid~ on January 26, 2017, 08:37:35 AM
Eeeek!   Cutting the cord for an hour.... I'm already feeling a little jumpy.   panic button.gif

I'm not going to lie ... I'm a little nervous about it since they are physically moving my server.

Ethan

Haha I wouldn't worry about it too much guys, it's not like a pizza delivery man throwing your hardware into the back seat of his car and race to the destination.  This is people's livelyhood and private information that's at risk, I'm sure they'd have some pretty good security.  Besides, based on how fast this site is running I'm assuming you have SSD's in your box so there's really no moving parts to break in transit.
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Mayhem

Quote from: Ethan on January 26, 2017, 09:17:27 AM
Besides, based on how fast this site is running I'm assuming you have SSD's in your box so there's really no moving parts to break in transit.

That is correct, the server has (2) SSD's running in RAID 0 configuration tumbsup.gif

Squid

Mayhem

... and we're back early! The server migration is now complete.

Mayhem

I'm surprised they were able to do it so quickly.

The new internet framework is pretty impressive ... so far I've seen this server do 106 Megabytes/sec.

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on January 26, 2017, 10:26:18 PM
I'm surprised they were able to do it so quickly.

The new internet framework is pretty impressive ... so far I've seen this server do 106 Megabytes/sec.

Now your bill will increase, lol

Mayhem

Nah, the price stays the same + they threw in a few perks for the "inconvenience".

Ethan

Just stopped by to see how everything went with the move today.  Everything seems to be in order .. no 'I'm sorry to inform you' emails or anything so that's good.
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

MsMissy

Oh My, i had to type in my password for the 1st time in ages. Took me a minute to remember it.  no-no.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview