This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Word Whomp HD : Find 160 3-letter words this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Detonate 300 flame gems this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Which are your favorite Java games?

Started by catfancie,

Previous topic - Next topic

catfancie

I finally found a browser that plays Java games.  Its Opera Version 28.0.1750.48  I downloaded it from oldapps.com  and I have been having a great time playing all the Java games.   In the last 2 weeks I have completed 61 older badges for Java games. I'd forgotten how much fun they are. 

Which are your favorite Java games? I've been playing a lot of Addiction Solitaire, Keno Pop, Perfect Pair Solitaire, Lottso Express, various Slot games and a bunch of others.   

Its a shame that both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox no longer support Java.

Mayhem

Aces Up! and Perfect Pair Solitaire were fun to play. Also, I was lucky to enough to receive "special edition" cheats for those games.

My cheat for Aces Up clicked on the cards so fast, all you could see was one long smoke trail. It would finish hands in ban-worthy time.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

mycatownsme

There is something good to say about the good ole days when the game would be played so fast. That sounds like it would be fun to watch that trail of smoke. *lol*  giggle2.gif

catfancie

I should of also asked in my first post whether or not you still play your favorite java games.

What I've also noticed is that back in the good old days challenges were actually challenging.  Not like this weeks, where we were done in under an hour with all 3. Seems like they are getting a lot easier.  What ever happened to the days where it took 3 to 4 days to complete even the easiest challenge.  That what I like about the Java games.  The badges I've been playing for, like Lottso, Dice City Roller and Addiction Solitaire, take a few days to complete.

Mayhem

Quote from: catfancie on February 25, 2017, 10:07:32 PM
What I've also noticed is that back in the good old days challenges were actually challenging.  Not like this weeks, where we were done in under an hour with all 3.         

Back in the day, some of them were so challenging that Pogo received many complaints begging them to adjust the requirements (which they did). I noticed that doesn't happen anymore.

AustinBennett

I still play the poker games that require java. Still enjoy a few of the older games as well. I use an older IE and also Firefox on them. Java is actually more user friendly than Flash. Alot fewer crashes and slow performance problems.

mycatownsme

If I had more time to be able to do long challenges, I wouldn't mind it at all.
But because the weeklies go into a book all year, the long challenges take the fun out of it because of the worry that it won't get done and have to try again and possibly not get a completed album.

I find some of Pogo badges that we can pick to buy with gems are longer to complete which is lots better for those who find that more appealing to those who like that sort of thing. It gives you the choice to do it that way.
I find playing the challenge for bingo to predict when the number you pick for when B1 is called so many times to be stressful and just not fun at all.

I do understand your opinion and see the drawback of you having to pay extra for a challenging badge.

Also it's great news that you found browsers to use that are more user friendly for the java games. I also have no issue with my newer computer but I do read some people have a hard time with that too.

S1lent

Greetings,
I'll give it a try.  My version ((43.0.2442.991 (PGO)) doesn't even load Word Search Daily.

Will report later...My wife is refilling my wine (Boxed) at this time.

S1lent aka Ken #2

S1lent

Ethan

I have played a few of them lately and so far my favorites are : Wonderland Memories & Texas Hold'em Poker.
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Mayhem

I forgot about Wonderland Memories ... that's another good one.

Texas Hold'em was fun too - I stopped playing after I got the Royal Flush badge (it's the only badge I cared about getting in there). That one took forever to get though.

Squid

Quote from: Mayhem on February 27, 2017, 09:29:15 AM

Texas Hold'em was fun too - I stopped playing after I got the Royal Flush badge (it's the only badge I cared about getting in there). That one took forever to get though.

Yes!  Took forever.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview